2014 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,800 - $19,562.

10/6.4

6.9

Based on 378 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.1/10

Nice 7 passenger AWD cruiser

By on Monday, August 02, 2010

"I rented this vehicle for a month and found it to be one of the smoothest riding vehicles I've ever driven, but it was almost brand new. Now for the negatives: The interior parts are on the cheap side, but my biggest complaints is with the transmission. On hard acceleration from a stop, it seemed to take off in 2nd or 3rd gear with very poor perforance for a V6. On going into passing gear, it didn't seem like it could pick the right gear. And finally, when in cruise control and going down a hill it will downshift to try to keep the speed at the setpoint, with result being the engine is screaming at 5000 rpms and then after the hill, it won't upshift back to a cruise rpms. Manual intervention is required. This feature in slippery conditions would be like piling on the brakes. To be honest, I didn't check to see if there was some way to override the downshifting while in cruise control. Mileage started off at about 16 mpg, but once above 4000 miles it started improving to an average of 19 mpg."

By on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Big on Room, Not on Power

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"I love my Dodge Journey. You can't beat the roominess or size. My husband and I are both Plus size people and we fit very comfortably. We test drove other LARGE SUV's and none compared to the room in the front for the driver. I purchased the SE and it lacks some serious power. It doesn't have any "get up and go" if you know what I mean. Would def. pay more for the 6cyl. now that I have been driving the 4cyl. The fabric on the seats are cheap and it is very hard, nearly impossible, to get stains out. We have tried everything, and nothing has really worked for us. Would I buy another Dodge Journey...for sure! Only I would go for the more $$$$$ 6 cyl with more options."

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"i have owned this car since may of 2008, well i bought the car in may of 2008, the vehicle had to go in the day after we bought it for the dvd system to put in...which no one knew how to install at the dealership...needless to say it took 2 wks for it to get out for that..we had it back for 3 days, then the airbag light came on...back to the shop we go..we didnt get this car back until after july 4th 2008. The dealership we bought it at was and still is horrible. the car when you make a turn makes this horrible sound, which we were told was normal...after you are driving it for a while it smokes (the dealership says this is break dust...doubtful) when you turn the windshield wipers off the light dim (dealership told me this isnt happening...um hello..i am driving the vehicle...after you shut off the wipers the interior lights go off then back on) the whol electrical system is shot...the MY GIG is a joke...half of the things dont work and we have had 4 different radios installed..would never recommend this car to an enemy..tried to put in a lemon law...doesnt qualify...YET..well the seats are comfortable though..hopefully i wont loose too much on a trade in.."

Awesome SUV

By on Friday, June 19, 2015

Pros: "3rd row seat option and good cargo room"

"This is the best SUV I have owned. Very versatile,nice comfy ride,great in the snow, 3rd row seat option very handy. Great value!"