2014 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,745 - $19,538.

10/6.4

6.8

Based on 370 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"i have owned this car since may of 2008, well i bought the car in may of 2008, the vehicle had to go in the day after we bought it for the dvd system to put in...which no one knew how to install at the dealership...needless to say it took 2 wks for it to get out for that..we had it back for 3 days, then the airbag light came on...back to the shop we go..we didnt get this car back until after july 4th 2008. The dealership we bought it at was and still is horrible. the car when you make a turn makes this horrible sound, which we were told was normal...after you are driving it for a while it smokes (the dealership says this is break dust...doubtful) when you turn the windshield wipers off the light dim (dealership told me this isnt happening...um hello..i am driving the vehicle...after you shut off the wipers the interior lights go off then back on) the whol electrical system is shot...the MY GIG is a joke...half of the things dont work and we have had 4 different radios installed..would never recommend this car to an enemy..tried to put in a lemon law...doesnt qualify...YET..well the seats are comfortable though..hopefully i wont loose too much on a trade in.."

looks great..speedy comfy..thats about it...lousy

By on Friday, May 22, 2015

Pros: "looks good comfy inside"

Cons: "braking/tire/wheel sensor problems"

"lousy gas mileage 14 or 15 mpg in city at best..brakes shudder when coming to a stop n traffic..dealer says duh we cant find anything wrong...12500 miles the tires are burring off on the outside of tread dealer rotates the tires...every 3000 miles...i had a sorrento with 40000 miles on the tires that had more tread than these 12000 mile tires...never had a problem with the sorrento....it got tboned and i wrongly went to dodge..i am going back to sorrento soon as i pay this car down...by the way 6cyl sorrento got me 19 mpg city driving...way to expensive for what u get.xmission stops/slips in traffic dealer says duh"

Engine and Transmission

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, storage space, comfort"

Cons: "Transmission, shifting"

"I have the SXT model with the 3.6L V6. Generally, I like the car with the roominess, flexibility, comfort of the ride and ability to get in and out of tight spaces. While the engine has significant power, it also has significant torque steering when you get on the gas. As long as you know it's coming, you'll be OK. My complaint is about the transmission. It's the 6 speed and it is crazy, all over the place as to what gear you're in. You will be doing 30 mph and you're in 6th gear. It shifts rough, it shifts oddly and this is after having it into the dealer for computer updates and new software downloads. There is nothing smooth about the transmission of this car. Which leads me to worry about the long term reliability as my mileage increases."

Fantastic vehicle

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "Cost of tire replacement"

"This is my third Journey and this one is a Limited all wheel drive. That shows you how great I think this vehicle is. Best value on the market."

Best family car ever!

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, ride, equipment"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Love this car. Have the SXT that seats 7. Great DVD player. Many storage areas."