• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,673 - $20,106.

10/6.4

6.8

Based on 321 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

7.2/10
    6.8/10
    7.1/10
    7.0/10
    7.6/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

I LOVE MY JOURNEY

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Ride, controls, interior, features, handling,"

Cons: "exterior has minor scratches"

"Love all the features on my SUV its a great machine ever been factory built. Has it all!!!! With leather seats, sunroof, comfortable supported seats, UCONNECT navigation, radio, wireless phone system, heated seats, rearview camera, fully loaded in excellent fit and finish. Journey has a 3rd row seating fitting 7 passengers everybody fit very comfort having a family of four. The SUV handles well on a smooth ride with a V6 engine it gives me really enjoyable drive and better performance ever. Push button ignition is my favorite no need getting out a key starting up vehicle. I have a R/T model which got features at a low price this was a affordable crossover on a great value has with all options and features been well quality built on the Journey. It wasn't exactly what I wanted at the time but Dodge was much cheaper and price wasn't steep as (Toyota or Honda) I've looked at before trying to find a great crossover worth a lower price it was the best. I love my Journey but will look at another vehicle shortly since trying to start buying something affordable doing the time it was the best ever owned."

Solid car, happy with choice

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, attractive"

Cons: "Backseat leg room, lack of passenger power seat"

"Note: Our previous car was a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica which we loved. If Pacifica was still being made, we probably would have bought another. It spoiled us with it's roominess and general comfort as well as both driver and passenger power seats which were on the base model. It was also very reliable. Okay, time to move on to our Dodge Journey: I own the 6cyl. SXT model with 3rd row seat. I love the acceleration ability, general comfort and smooth ride. Fuel economy is okay - seems like I have to fill pretty often but the electronic fuel econ. usually reads in the 21-23 range. Cons: Lacking in rear leg room compared to our previous crossover. No power seat for passenger. Salespeople at numerous dealerships are very confused about what Uconnect/Bluetooth/handsfree really mean. Please research before purchasing. Pros: Attractive car, really good engine in 6cyl model, like the flex seating w/3rd row when needed. LOVED all the cubbies and storage when first viewed the car, but ironically hardly ever use them."

Great Vehicle with plenty of room

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "great options for safety and convenience."

Cons: "The headlights dont turn on automatic."

"I love this car because of the push button start. Not having to dig for keys, it locks and unlocks with the push of a button on the door handle, as long as the key is in your possession,ie in pocket or purse. Door will not lock if key is inside car. 2 wonderful safety issues. Air conditioning is per person, meaning, everyone can adjust to their needs. Room to store luggage or pull up the 3rd row seat for extra passengers. 2nd row seat floor boards have storage for snacks or keeping beverages cool. Great gas mileage too. Side windows have added tinting. It has hands free uconnect for talking while driving. Bluetooth connection for Ipods etc.."

second best car ever owned no problems

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

"only change I would make is to eliminate the roundness of the front bucket seats. feels like you slide over a lip every time you enter/exit the vehicle"

Great crossover for the right price

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "MPG, utility, comfort, performance, radio"

Cons: "Residual value"

"We have owned our 2012 Dodge Journey SXT for about 18 months and love it as much now and the day we bought it new. I don't know how anyone in the real world could ever give this a bad review. Professional auto writers are comparing it based on their vast experience with much more expensive crossovers and SUV's but don't use it for real world function for a family of 4 or 5. This holds the family and all of our stuff quite nicely. We got the V6 which I would recommend to everyone since they aren't that much more, hold their value so much better than the 4 cylinders, and the performance matches anything else I've drive. The road handling and feel is as nice as my Dodge Challenger. There is limited body roll in corners and it cruises smooth and quiet down the highway. Gas mileage is great and beats the EPA estimates in the city and on the highway. The standard features are adequate and we added the safety package with the larger screen radio and rear backup camera. With all Chrysler/Dodge products, you have to do your research and find a very good price with lots of rebates because these don't hold their value very well at all. So if you're someone who buys a car and then trades it in every two years then you'll want to avoid this one. We are about even with book value so finding the most rebates in essential. But if you own a car 5+ year this is the best value out there because it's a great price for a lot of car and what it's worth after 18 or 24 months doesn't really matter if you're not looking to sell it."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25