• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,685 - $20,114.

10/6.4

6.8

Based on 321 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

7.2/10
    6.8/10
    7.1/10
    7.0/10
    7.6/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

No problems - nice vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great price - good power"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Have owned the Journey for approx 4 years. Over 70,000 miles, have not had any issues. Main family care - take it everywhere."

Cons: "Transmission, shifting"

"I have the SXT model with the 3.6L V6. Generally, I like the car with the roominess, flexibility, comfort of the ride and ability to get in and out of tight spaces. While the engine has significant power, it also has significant torque steering when you get on the gas. As long as you know it's coming, you'll be OK. My complaint is about the transmission. It's the 6 speed and it is crazy, all over the place as to what gear you're in. You will be doing 30 mph and you're in 6th gear. It shifts rough, it shifts oddly and this is after having it into the dealer for computer updates and new software downloads. There is nothing smooth about the transmission of this car. Which leads me to worry about the long term reliability as my mileage increases."

Better than expected 2013

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, Good price, Sporty!"

Cons: "3rd row access, Engine selection, Blind spots."

"Compared to what Chevy and Ford were offering, for the money and the packaging and design,no one could beat the Journey. The Journey's 3rd row although nice isn't made for any one other than kids. This thing isn't a school bus and doesn't pretend to be. It has loads of cargo room with the 3rd row folded. Love the large screen uconnect controls. They are easy to see and operate. Interior lighting is more than I expected. Plenty of power ports. Easy to get in and out of. The only thing is the Gas mileage is a little on the low side, 24 or so with the 4 cylinder, and not as peppy but works fine as a highway cruiser. The turning radius is best I have seen on any vehicle out side a Mercedes. Turns on a dime and gives you change! Just A much better vehicle than the earlier models. I think most all the bugs have been ironed out."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25