2014 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,745 - $19,538.

10/6.4

6.8

Based on 370 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

Great crossover for the right price

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "MPG, utility, comfort, performance, radio"

Cons: "Residual value"

"We have owned our 2012 Dodge Journey SXT for about 18 months and love it as much now and the day we bought it new. I don't know how anyone in the real world could ever give this a bad review. Professional auto writers are comparing it based on their vast experience with much more expensive crossovers and SUV's but don't use it for real world function for a family of 4 or 5. This holds the family and all of our stuff quite nicely. We got the V6 which I would recommend to everyone since they aren't that much more, hold their value so much better than the 4 cylinders, and the performance matches anything else I've drive. The road handling and feel is as nice as my Dodge Challenger. There is limited body roll in corners and it cruises smooth and quiet down the highway. Gas mileage is great and beats the EPA estimates in the city and on the highway. The standard features are adequate and we added the safety package with the larger screen radio and rear backup camera. With all Chrysler/Dodge products, you have to do your research and find a very good price with lots of rebates because these don't hold their value very well at all. So if you're someone who buys a car and then trades it in every two years then you'll want to avoid this one. We are about even with book value so finding the most rebates in essential. But if you own a car 5+ year this is the best value out there because it's a great price for a lot of car and what it's worth after 18 or 24 months doesn't really matter if you're not looking to sell it."

Great car for price

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Space and a people mover"

Cons: "A little underpowered"

"I own a base model with a 4 cylinder. Great Mileage Mixed driving highway rural and some city. Car still looks like new except for recall on breaks and key fob all I had to do is put a set of tires on this vehicle and a rock pierced the radiator. Just had a trans service done as recommened and the car runs like it did the first day. 3,000 mile oil changes and two gas treatments. This car has a lot of space and can handle 4 300 pund adults with ease. I do travel ball with my daughter, Ohio, Penn,Jersey, Kentucky- never missed a beat."

not the best but not the worst

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "great storage"

Cons: "choppy ride and noisy"

"car needed the front brakes, rotors and pads replaced at 15000 miles. Chrysler covered almost all the cost. This should not have been necessary. The car has choppy ride and is somewhat noisy. Gas mileage on the highway always averages 23.5 MPG. We have driven the car cross-country 3 times and find it to be adequate with lots of unique storage. We've only used the third row seat once, but like the extra storage space it provides. Our next car will probably be a minivan."

best in class!

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "great highway cruiser"

Cons: "not a great car for stop and go driving."

"bought 2012 SXT FWD 6 cyl 6 spd auto last month and am extremely happy. 8.4 screen for sat radio/ climate control, well laid out dash controls and LED interior lighting really set this car apart from all others. went over 100 miles in rain yesterday with complete control of road conditions. plenty of power to pass and capable of towing 2500 lbs. not a grocery getter but an excellent highway cruiser. i'm extremely happy with this well built dodge!"

Not worth the cost!

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "Front seats are comfortable"

Cons: "Nonworking rear air"

"Bought the Journey Mainstreet in March of 2011. Felt it was not a bad car for the price at first. Did notice no inside release for the gas cap and once started driving others around realized the third seat is only good for little kids. There is no leg room and when the seats are up it is harder to see out of the rear mirror. The middle seats do not move correctly to allow for someone to get into the back so they must climb in. Right off started having problems with the rear air until it got to the point where it would not turn on at all. Dodge has supposedly fixed the problem but it keeps happening. It is hard to drive with the heat and no air getting to the kids in the back. The mpg is not close to what is stated for the V6. The car has lost so much value that I can not do anything with it."