2014 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,547 - $19,387.

10/6.4

6.9

Based on 380 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.1/10

Incredible family car, great value

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Best value by far in it's class. Beautiful, solid"

Cons: "none."

"This SUV has been dramatically improved in every way. It's roomy, very family friendly, and one of the only mid-sized SUVs with a usable third row seat. The seats can be arranged so all 7 of us have adequate leg space. Very quiet ride, solid feel, handles great, incredibly nice interior and electronic features. This is the best value in its class. Also a number one safety pick, so you will get a safety discount on your insurance while keeping your kids as safe as they can be."

Too Many Service Calls

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Reason: lemon

Pros: "Very comfortable on long trip and good gas milage"

Cons: "brakes, engine, transmission not very good. Fit"

"With less than 20,500 miles this SUV had 4 major service calls. Engine V6 has issues, 2 cam shaft sensors replaced, brake rotors and pads went after 12,000, had to replace number 4 cylinder at 20,300. Would not recommend this vehicle for reliability reasons. Transmission didn't seemed to be in sync with engine and engine had a hesitation when pushing gas pedal. Fit of exterior panels not up to high standards."

Rides and handles nice. We have owned it from new.

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pros: "Great winter vehicle"

"We have been on two trips of over 1500 miles. This is an all wheel drive and is very reliable in the winter."

Great Car at a nice price point

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "affordable, drives nice, stylish inside"

"We are very happy with the Journey, it has the 3rd row, which is small, but comes in handy, when you need. Wouldn't recommend using 3rd row as regular seating. Dash is nice, seats are comfortable, has basics you need except for cruise control . . . It drives nice, the only regret is not getting the bigger engine, we prefer a little more pep! As far as any negatives, the brakes rotars did not hold up for only having vehicle for 12 months."

I love my Journey!

By on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power, AWD is excellent"

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."

Love this car!

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "Great options/features, great ride, fun to drive"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"We purchased our 2012 Journey SXT at the end of May after researching crossover/SUVs for a month. We decided to go with the Journey because we could get so many features we wanted at a price we could afford. So far things have been GREAT. I had even prepared myself for terrible gas mileage, but even that has been better than I thought. So far we have no complaints."

great little car!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "nice ride"

Cons: "cup holders alittle low"

"I take this car to alot of football games and love the room with back seat down. Got the car loaded and I don't have the highway noise!"

Excellent for long trips

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

"Best car I have bought and I have been through 10 cars in the last 3 years."

Solid Vehicle for the price

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Lots of storage and seating."

Cons: "V-6 Engine is a bit underpowered but not terrible."

"Overall a quality vehicle. It looks nice, drives well, the suspension is fairly solid but the V-6 engine is a bit underpowered. I couldn't imagine having the 4 cylinder in it. Tons of storage and having the rear climate control is a must if you have kids."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Great Value"

"This car is great for a family and driving kids around. With the third row seat it is very versatile. Good power and decent gas mileage."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "room and many little storage areas inside"

Cons: "the very back does not have the room of a mini van"

"I think that this is a great car, a great buy and it gives you a lot of room if you have a big family without looking like you are in a minivan. It has many extra feature to hide things and even in the back you really don't feel cramped. I was pleasantly surprised. I was all set to purchase a Toyota Highlander and the Dodge Journey won me over and was much cheaper."

By on Friday, March 18, 2011

Nothing comes close

By on Friday, January 07, 2011

"We love our Journey SXT. This car meets or beats every one in this class. This is definitely aimed at every age. The ride is much better than the new Chevy Equinox. All the little touches make it the best car we have ever owned."

By on Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Love the Journey,it has so many great features and the comfort is great. The all wheel drive works great. The tires that came on the Journey to the best of my knowlege are the only tires made that size and they are fine for most conditions but I would like something a little more aggressive for deeper snow. The only problem I can find is the front rotors dont hold up very well. I know two others and myself that had front brake problems between 12k and 15k miles. aside from the front brakes this is a fantastic vehicle and I would recommend it to anyone. Mine is a V-6 AWD ."

By on Saturday, October 16, 2010

NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS, BIG HEAD ACHE!!

By on Saturday, July 31, 2010

"I PURCHASED A 2009 AWD R/T FULLY LOADED ON 9/1/2009, FROM 237 MILES UNTIL NOW 7/31/2010, 7600 MILES, IT HAS HAD SEVERAL PROBLEMS AND HAS SPENT OVER 4 WEEKS IN THE SHOP, IT HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP NOW SINCE 7/16/2010, AND IT IS STILL IN THERE AND NOT REPAIRED, THIS IS THE LAST DODGE PRODUCT FOR ME!!!!......BEWARE......"

HATE IT

By on Sunday, June 06, 2010

"I HATE this car. I have never had so many problems with a car..I have had this car for about 2 1/2 years and have had it in the shop more than i have driven it...bad brakes replaced twice, right side runner board replace twice, now the back window will not roll up. That is just a few of the problems, if i mentioned them all i would be here all day. Anyone who is thinking about buying this car...DON'T!"

Love It!

By on Monday, May 31, 2010

"I bought my Journey a year ago and love it. We live in the country and were unable to get out of our driveway in the past when we got snow unless it was plowed. This past year my AWD Journey made it right out. I am extremely happy with the vehicle, I use synthetic oil in it and get 20 mpg city and 23.5 highway. I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is the interior lights. I have UConnect and as a result halogen lights are required and they do not illuminate the vehicle very well. Also there are floor lights that I find to be very annoying when driving at night. (I am unable to shut these off unless I want the dash to be dimmed.)"

By on Thursday, March 04, 2010

"This car is an absolute joy to drive. The power of the 3.5L engine is wonderful! The car is comfy to sit in. Better interior would be appreciated, but looking at all the competitors everyone uses too much hard plastic. Great ground clearance. Only went to a dealer to have the oil changed, everything else is solid and well built."

Would Not Recommend

By on Monday, October 19, 2009

"I bought this car last October only had it for a week and it was back in the shop for an oil leak turned out to be the transfer case it had to be replaced, ended up without a car for 3weeks. Since then it has been in the shop several times. Now the car is leaking when it rains on the drivers side. The cooler in the back seat fills up with water and soaks the whole car. The car drives very well and is good on gas. I love the way it drives but would never by another one. Plus Dodge closed down the dealership that i bought it from so i am competely put out when i have to get car fixed cause there is no dealership near me."

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"I was reading a review from someone else that owns this car and I have to say I feel like we have the same car, I have had my car for 10 months and have had the same problems as him...."My 09 Journey STX is 10 months on the road has 29000 miles and has been in the shop 6 times so far. The vehicle has never broken down on me but there has been many issues that are annoying and are not acceptable. Most recent was that with in 25K miles the brake pads have worn down and the pads worn uneven and even had scorn the rotter from what the service manager told me "Too Much Metal in the pads." and of course they didn't warrant it because it was a wear item. Pads never made it to the indicators but damaged rotter so expensive fix at my cost. Yea thats High Quality Mopar Parts. The AC makes a loud rattle that has yet to be fixed, there was a grinding noise from the steering and was found that the reservoir was too small after several trips in, There was a creek in the pillar passenger side that took 2 service shop attempts and one full day the body shop to locate the fix. In the process they damaged the headliner and scratched up several places on door panels and other plastics. So back to the shop for a new headliner when delivered. Door hinges tend to start to make a spring sprung sound they fix with loading up on grease." I think about trading it in for something else but I am scared to see what the trade in value is now :("

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Ours is the R/T model with most options. The ride is great. I can drive it for hours & not get sleepy as with all other vechicles I've owned. I attribute that to the seat design. This baby is all wheel drive and it gets 24 to 26 MPG on the highway. Yes a lot of the interior trim is plastic but so is most other brands. We have the leather seats. Don't get the 3rd row seat model unless you have small children. It is a small seating area."

By on Sunday, March 15, 2009

Not happy

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The most troublesome factor is the upholstery fabric, have already had front and back replaced. Even water leaves stains even after Scotchgard. Labeling over key slot is coming off. The soda can cooler is a joke, I had 2 cans of pop explode in there. I miss a digital compass and keyless entry remote. We have had lots of Dodges, but I will not purchase a Journey again."

good but had to go

By on Monday, November 17, 2008

"did not have many problems with the car , it went in the dealer for computer glitch got fixed worked better, everything was fine with the the car but it had to go resale value is not good at all paid 21,000 for sxt they only wanted to give 14,500 after only 8 months would recommend too. all and all really decent but make sure ur gonna keep it for at least 3 yrs . go for Sxt same as RT but cheaper and little less crome"