• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,435 - $19,076.

10/6.5

6.8

Based on 321 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

7.2/10
    6.8/10
    7.1/10
    7.0/10
    7.6/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Can't stand this Vehicle

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "nice looking"

Cons: "to many to mention."

"I have had nothing but problems since the Journey was 2 years old. Most problems are not covered by warranty and I will never own another Dodge. Rotors and Brakes replaced 3 times. Parts for this Vehicle are so expensive no matter what it is."

Worst Vehicle I Have Owned

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"I bought my Journey in May 2008 and have had it in the shop several times since then. I had a horrible groaning noise when I turned the wheel in which the service man told me that, that is normal with new vehicles, WHAT!!! Then 5 months later I get a call that there has been a recall for something to do with the power steering. I have already had to have my brakes done and got another excuse and now I have to take it in for a recall involving the braking system, HMMM!! Now I am having other issues also and my vehicle is only 6 months old."

Great car

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "AWD great in bad weather.Comfortable lots of power"

"Only problem has been bluetooth. Took 2 trys to get it fixed. Commute 130 miles a day now have 31000 miles on 2011. V6 engine,winter average mileage about 24. Summer average about 26. Lowest average milage for week driving was 21.2 Highest for week was 28.1. Great ride and handling love the nav and hands free. Been really great having to haul around grandkids."

the best vehicle i ever owned

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

"This crossover is a very well designed vehicle. I was hit by a F350 work truck full size going between sixty and seventy mph directly into my drivers side door and although the vehicle is undriveable it held together very well. I was able to walk away from this crash with a couple scratches and bruised ribs when i clearly should have suffered much worse injuries.It is my opinion that the excellent design saved my life.I will recomend this vehicle to everyone and I will be buying another one as well.This is a very well built vehicle!!!!"

Love it

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Has plenty of ports to charge personal devices"

Cons: "The AVP package lacks Bluetooth & Garage opener"

"So far I love my car! It handled like a dream runs quiet and rides great. Road trips are a awesome with this car."

Dependable and comfortable

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

"This is a Great car with good gas milage for its size and utility. It can carry up to 7 passangers, tow a trailer, have luggage on the roof rack and still get 23 miles per gallon on the highway and in comfort. You cant't beat that. With a standard load and a cold air intake I get 27-30 MPG on the highway. That is great for a V6 SUV. For the price it out does the competition. Cost $2000-5000 less then anything in its class as equipt"

Owned 2010 4yrs next month, bought a new crew

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "7 passanger, 6 cyl. lots of toys to play with."

"Our 2010 SXT was excellent. 7 passanger, 6 cyl. ran great. put 45K miles on it and traded it yesterday for a new 2013 journey crew, fully loaded. Plenty of room to take the grand kids on vacation. Rides better than the 3 previous Cadillacs we've owned. Would reccomend this to anyone looking for a great comfortable suv. Always get the 6 cyl. lots of power to spare. Lots of toys on the new one to make traveling fun."

Never should have bought it

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "Nice storage places for kids and their toys"

Cons: "High cost to maintain constantly and breaks apart"

"I thought this vehicle would be a good SUV/car for me and my kids. I have the sun roof and third row seating in mine. Almost no room in the third seat. Had to replace brakes and tires by 30000 miles. Only one company makes the tires and they are expensive and dont last. The rear bumpers never stay in place and causes the back panels to separate. The gas mileage is also very poor. There is very little power also. I have the 6 cyc. engine and am actually buying a 4 cylinder later today that has so much more power. The engine is also burning up oil, I cant make oil changes of 3000 miles because I am running to low on oil. Cant wait to get rid of it."

Very good car

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "great price, good service and safe"

"Bought this car in January 2010 and was in an accident three months later to the tune of over $13,000. to repair. Side air bags deployed and in my opinion saved my life but did break 3 ribs. The only expense I've had was to replace tires at 40.000. Still have original battery. It has been a great vehicle. Excellent vehicle for the price."

2013 SXT

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "excellent acceleration/handling"

"Not familiar with car when I first saw it on lot. Researched it and test drove it and felt it was a good vehicle to consider. Bought SXT Model. Really happy with city/freeway combined fuel milage of about 24 being typical. Really nice acceleration and handling with smooth shifting. Nice backseat comfort for passengers and i like the drivers front seat room and comfort. Plenty of storage space in rear with third row seats being adequate for grandkid. Would never consider the 4 cyl. engine. Great on highway, plenty of acceleration and great handling. Sound system is great. Uconnect is really nice feature for hands free, works like a champ. Would consider this model again when buying a new car."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25