2013 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,886 - $19,473.

10/6.5

6.8

Based on 344 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

its still not a Jeep

By on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"I reviewed this vehicle after 6 months and now that its been over a year I can say that I was Very Impressed at the AWD in snow. Last winter driving on roads that werent even plowed yet it drove right along like the pavement were bare, which is a good thing when the snow is coming up over the hood! Every time I read a review about other owners having All their problems I guess I got the only one they made that doesnt have all these problems. There are still things they could have designed better but hey, first year model what can U expect? Goes to show ya that buying a new vehicle the first model year is a gamble. Looks sharp from a distance and eSpecially in the rain. Gets Super gas mileage and I do a lot of driving (over 500 miles a week!)"

By on Thursday, June 25, 2009

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"i have owned this car since may of 2008, well i bought the car in may of 2008, the vehicle had to go in the day after we bought it for the dvd system to put in...which no one knew how to install at the dealership...needless to say it took 2 wks for it to get out for that..we had it back for 3 days, then the airbag light came on...back to the shop we go..we didnt get this car back until after july 4th 2008. The dealership we bought it at was and still is horrible. the car when you make a turn makes this horrible sound, which we were told was normal...after you are driving it for a while it smokes (the dealership says this is break dust...doubtful) when you turn the windshield wipers off the light dim (dealership told me this isnt happening...um hello..i am driving the vehicle...after you shut off the wipers the interior lights go off then back on) the whol electrical system is shot...the MY GIG is a joke...half of the things dont work and we have had 4 different radios installed..would never recommend this car to an enemy..tried to put in a lemon law...doesnt qualify...YET..well the seats are comfortable though..hopefully i wont loose too much on a trade in.."

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"I was reading a review from someone else that owns this car and I have to say I feel like we have the same car, I have had my car for 10 months and have had the same problems as him...."My 09 Journey STX is 10 months on the road has 29000 miles and has been in the shop 6 times so far. The vehicle has never broken down on me but there has been many issues that are annoying and are not acceptable. Most recent was that with in 25K miles the brake pads have worn down and the pads worn uneven and even had scorn the rotter from what the service manager told me "Too Much Metal in the pads." and of course they didn't warrant it because it was a wear item. Pads never made it to the indicators but damaged rotter so expensive fix at my cost. Yea thats High Quality Mopar Parts. The AC makes a loud rattle that has yet to be fixed, there was a grinding noise from the steering and was found that the reservoir was too small after several trips in, There was a creek in the pillar passenger side that took 2 service shop attempts and one full day the body shop to locate the fix. In the process they damaged the headliner and scratched up several places on door panels and other plastics. So back to the shop for a new headliner when delivered. Door hinges tend to start to make a spring sprung sound they fix with loading up on grease." I think about trading it in for something else but I am scared to see what the trade in value is now :("

2009 R/T Loaded

By on Monday, June 08, 2009

"Have had my completely loaded R/T for one year on the 9th - and I love it as much now as I did when I bought it. Traded in a BMW X5 on it - the BMW had more squeaks and rattles that the dealer could never "duplicate" than the Journey. Don't listen to the negatives, folks - this is a WONDERFUL car. Yeah - it has its mostly minor problems - but show me a maker that doesn't? This vehicle is stupendous! Roomy, peppy, interior and exterior...I get compliments ALL OF THE TIME on mine! Let's support America!"