2012 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 393 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

I love my Journey!

By on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power, AWD is excellent"

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."

great little car!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "nice ride"

Cons: "cup holders alittle low"

"I take this car to alot of football games and love the room with back seat down. Got the car loaded and I don't have the highway noise!"

Solid Vehicle for the price

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Lots of storage and seating."

Cons: "V-6 Engine is a bit underpowered but not terrible."

"Overall a quality vehicle. It looks nice, drives well, the suspension is fairly solid but the V-6 engine is a bit underpowered. I couldn't imagine having the 4 cylinder in it. Tons of storage and having the rear climate control is a must if you have kids."

By on Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Love the Journey,it has so many great features and the comfort is great. The all wheel drive works great. The tires that came on the Journey to the best of my knowlege are the only tires made that size and they are fine for most conditions but I would like something a little more aggressive for deeper snow. The only problem I can find is the front rotors dont hold up very well. I know two others and myself that had front brake problems between 12k and 15k miles. aside from the front brakes this is a fantastic vehicle and I would recommend it to anyone. Mine is a V-6 AWD ."

Love It!

By on Monday, May 31, 2010

"I bought my Journey a year ago and love it. We live in the country and were unable to get out of our driveway in the past when we got snow unless it was plowed. This past year my AWD Journey made it right out. I am extremely happy with the vehicle, I use synthetic oil in it and get 20 mpg city and 23.5 highway. I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is the interior lights. I have UConnect and as a result halogen lights are required and they do not illuminate the vehicle very well. Also there are floor lights that I find to be very annoying when driving at night. (I am unable to shut these off unless I want the dash to be dimmed.)"