2012 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 391 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

A very comfortable multi purpose vehicle

By on Saturday, October 17, 2015

Pros: "a lot of car for the money"

Cons: "four cylinder is reliable but needs a little more"

"Love my Journey! Very comfortable multi purpose vehicle. Great for people moving or for hauling supplies & my multi media equipment. The only detractor is that my four cylinder four speed is a little sluggish. But not so much as to take away from the great value of this car. You get a lot of room, comfort and smooth road manners for not much money when compared with some others I considered."

I love my Journey!

By on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power, AWD is excellent"

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."

great little car!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "nice ride"

Cons: "cup holders alittle low"

"I take this car to alot of football games and love the room with back seat down. Got the car loaded and I don't have the highway noise!"

Solid Vehicle for the price

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Lots of storage and seating."

Cons: "V-6 Engine is a bit underpowered but not terrible."

"Overall a quality vehicle. It looks nice, drives well, the suspension is fairly solid but the V-6 engine is a bit underpowered. I couldn't imagine having the 4 cylinder in it. Tons of storage and having the rear climate control is a must if you have kids."

its not a JEEP

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2008

"After driving a Grand Cherokee for three years, at first I felt like I had traded down. Yeah it has features the Jeep doesn't but couldnt they have figured out how to put the hangers for dry cleaning on the right way? OR how about the mickeymouse way the 6 speed goes into first at a stop? OR the antiquated way of checking how many miles youve driven on the current tank. Speaking of which. I can get upwards of 30 MPG in 6th gear with the cruise on 70! (the Jeep didnt even come close!) It actually rides pretty smooth and looks kinda sharp (if you like that sort of thing) Im hopeful that in snow I go with the same confidence Ive had for the last few winters. We'll see."