2012 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 391 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Nice 7 passenger AWD cruiser

By on Monday, August 02, 2010

"I rented this vehicle for a month and found it to be one of the smoothest riding vehicles I've ever driven, but it was almost brand new. Now for the negatives: The interior parts are on the cheap side, but my biggest complaints is with the transmission. On hard acceleration from a stop, it seemed to take off in 2nd or 3rd gear with very poor perforance for a V6. On going into passing gear, it didn't seem like it could pick the right gear. And finally, when in cruise control and going down a hill it will downshift to try to keep the speed at the setpoint, with result being the engine is screaming at 5000 rpms and then after the hill, it won't upshift back to a cruise rpms. Manual intervention is required. This feature in slippery conditions would be like piling on the brakes. To be honest, I didn't check to see if there was some way to override the downshifting while in cruise control. Mileage started off at about 16 mpg, but once above 4000 miles it started improving to an average of 19 mpg."

By on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Big on Room, Not on Power

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"I love my Dodge Journey. You can't beat the roominess or size. My husband and I are both Plus size people and we fit very comfortably. We test drove other LARGE SUV's and none compared to the room in the front for the driver. I purchased the SE and it lacks some serious power. It doesn't have any "get up and go" if you know what I mean. Would def. pay more for the 6cyl. now that I have been driving the 4cyl. The fabric on the seats are cheap and it is very hard, nearly impossible, to get stains out. We have tried everything, and nothing has really worked for us. Would I buy another Dodge Journey...for sure! Only I would go for the more $$$$$ 6 cyl with more options."

Good price, comfortable, drives well

By on Thursday, December 10, 2015

"Own 2014 6cylinder: very comfortable, stylish, drives well, glad I purchased"

Engine and Transmission

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, storage space, comfort"

Cons: "Transmission, shifting"

"I have the SXT model with the 3.6L V6. Generally, I like the car with the roominess, flexibility, comfort of the ride and ability to get in and out of tight spaces. While the engine has significant power, it also has significant torque steering when you get on the gas. As long as you know it's coming, you'll be OK. My complaint is about the transmission. It's the 6 speed and it is crazy, all over the place as to what gear you're in. You will be doing 30 mph and you're in 6th gear. It shifts rough, it shifts oddly and this is after having it into the dealer for computer updates and new software downloads. There is nothing smooth about the transmission of this car. Which leads me to worry about the long term reliability as my mileage increases."

Fantastic vehicle

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "Cost of tire replacement"

"This is my third Journey and this one is a Limited all wheel drive. That shows you how great I think this vehicle is. Best value on the market."

Best family car ever!

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, ride, equipment"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Love this car. Have the SXT that seats 7. Great DVD player. Many storage areas."

hate the car

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "seats 7"

Cons: "not reliable"

"Lots of major issues. Brakes keep wearing down, replaced 3 times, now engine issues and car is not running at 54,000 2009. Great body, resist scratches and dents. Comes well equiped."

Love it

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

"This car fits my family of 5 comfortably with extra space. It drives and handles smoothly, it is a wonderful car."

I love driving this car.

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I love driving this car. Passengers report back seat is very comfortable. Third row seating is best for children. Only complaint is location of front drink holders. Too low to reach small beverages. I can't wait to buy another, newer Journey!"