2012 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 360 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "Price, user friendly, motor"

Cons: "Wish it came standard with GPS navigation"

"I have driven this vehicle for 2 round trips. Each round trip was 1700 miles. The cloth seats are very comfortable. Plenty of space for a child, three dogs, gifts, and inclement weather survival items in the storage compartments. We just bought another one because we liked the first one so much. First one is SXT FWD and the second is SXT AWD. The FWD accelerates very fast, climbs hills easy, really quiet ride, and handles like a nimble car. The AWD doesnt accelerate as quickly (nature of AWD), extermely quiet and comfortable ride, and definately feel in grabbing the road (traction not an issue). The AWD feels/handles like my wide and heavy muscle car, except it obvously doesnt accelerate as quickly."

I like it but liked my blazer more

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "nice smooth ride"

Cons: "terrible gas mileage and no cigarette package"

"The transmission had to be replaced twice. All of the electrical wiring had to be replaced. And even still my windows do not go up and down properly when it is cold. I love the ability to get up to highway speeds quickly, and how smoothly it runs at those speeds. I love the third row seating and all of the storage space and spaces it has."

about 1500 miles-good for when you get older

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "heated seating/steering wheel, and assist handles."

"i've been driving lease vehicles for over 30+ years constantly. this was the car for my wife and I to drive during retirement. we had selected the 6 cylinder engine with the added maintenance agreements as well. along with what we needed for creature comforts-this car is well worth the investment. we have had this car for over a half year-and it works very well for our needs. hope that this helps."

Love this SUV

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "System tells you when you need maintenance."

Cons: "A little on the expensive side!"

"I can't imagine anyone not liking this vehicle. It has all the bells and whistles. Keyless start and entry, backup camera, u-connect. I love this vehicle. The interior fabric is very nice, the u-connect system is fairly easy to use(regardless of what other people say). It just takes some exploring to figure everything out. I have only had one problem with it in almost 4 years (the battery died right after we got it). Handles very well in winter conditions."

My Best Vehicle Ever

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, lots of storage, quiet"

Cons: "big pillars, donut spare tire"

King of the Road

"I owned a 2009 Dodge Journey SXT and I was very satisfied with that one so I went with a 2012 Journey Crew a couple of years ago. I have had only one problem and a warning light came on but I could still drive it as normally so I took it to the dealer who, under warranty, installed a new oil pump. It was not a common problem. I put on new brake shoes a couple of months ago at the dealer's suggestion. Other than those two items, my Journey has been completely free of problems. It drives smooth and powerful. I can pass on the road when I want to and I have driven it satisfactory in all kinds of weather. I use it sometimes to drive a 1500 lb. small RV trailer with no problems but I drive it a bit slower around 55-60 mph. My wife loves driving the Journey as well. It is relatively easy on gas in my opinion (26-28 mpg Canadian)."

King of the Road

great value

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

"I was really surprised with how much I got for the price. I wish that I would have gotten a 6 cylinder though. I feel like the 6 cyl. would be easier getting up hills. I get great mpg though. On road trips I have gotten up to 29 mpg which is amazing for an SUV."

Worst vehicle ever!!!

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "NONE"

Cons: "Everything"

"Do not buy!!!! Reliability... there is none, the car will not start for no good reason periodically. Read the '09 blog for Dodge Journey and found many, many people have had the same problem with no fix. The seats stain with a drop of water and the brakes warped within weeks of buying the car. Please, if you do nont want to get stranded, don't buy this car. Read the reviews!!!!"

If you want to ride, go on a "JOURNEY" with Dodge!

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "Journey has everything the iinfinity/escalade has"

Cons: "N/A"

"Great on gas (45.00), oil change contract is great; Interior like new; Nitro filled tires keep air pressure accurately ; Alloy wheels; Tons of compartment room including floor board & doors; 3 row seating; Rear/front a/c; Clean/well kept; Dodge dealership window visors & bug guard; White ivory/stone interior; Just a great vehicle with lots of room when you don't want the price of a large SUV! Seats lay all way back & 2 rows of rear seats fold down for storage. Love the Journey. Now I've talked myself out of trading it!"

Several problems adding up to major headaches.

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Good size, storage bins, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Reliability and waiting for future issues."

"Purchased the vehicle new and found issues with the rear bumper cover. After several stops at the dealer, the fix was to epoxy the bumper in place. We were not happy to have a new car with a glued bumper. Since then we have had a new fuel pump, all four calipers have been replaced, three radio head units and two amplifiers. Just received a notification of an issue with the valves in the engine. This will only be repaired if it fails during the warranty. I had high hopes for this vehicle as it's our first Dodge. It's comfortable on long trips and is a good alternative to a mini van. I would avoid purchasing this vehicle."

Love my R/T

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "great power in the Penastar V6"

Cons: "Given its a Dodge, i'm worried about reliability"

"This car has been great so far, we avoided the underwhelming Honda CRV and couldn't be happier with our choice."