2012 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 379 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.1/10

Does Not Hold Value

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"This has been a decent car for us, but it just does not hold its value at all. This is the first vehicle I've ever owned that was not a Toyota, and I was extremely disappointed with this aspect. Toyotas always seemed to hold their value much better than this Journey. I also felt like it was a little expensive for the kind of car. It's a little smaller than most crossovers and not quite as comfortable."

Exactly what I was looking 4

By on Sunday, January 23, 2011

"I was looking for a safe, reliable vehicle with all the amenities without the big price tag. The Journey has more than fulfilled my wants and is the best vehicle I have ever owned! Then I went on road trips from California to Utah and Oklahoma. I couldn't believe that I could fall even more head over heels for this vehicle...but I did! The comfort and family-friendliness of this vehicle is out of this world! Thank you, Dodge!"

By on Friday, January 21, 2011

Not a SNOW-mobile

By on Thursday, January 20, 2011

"The alternater whines. We have never owned a vehicle that got around so TERRIBLE in SNOW! Traction control is more of a hassle than a help. Owned it 3 months now and would trade it in a heartbeat if we could afford it! Comfortable ride. Third row is only for small children - no leg room! Heated seats, auto start, premium sound are great. Looks great!"

Journey to the Mechanics..

By on Sunday, January 16, 2011

"We bought this vehicle new. We loved the gas mileage and look of the car. With 4 kids the 3rd row seating is a must. Overall the first 6 months were great. I loved the roomy feel even in the 3rd row. The storage space is limited but with the roof rack we added a Yakima storage unit to the roof. After 6 months...then the problems started. First the dealership is to blame for many of our complaints. Tne car did not come with DVD or leather so we had those features added after purchase from the dealership. When adding the DVD, they ruined the cloth on the ceiling. After 2 times of trying to have them fix the glue stains, and marks we cant figure out what they were, we just gave up. The next thing was the seats. The backs of all the seats came off. So bad on one seat that the back just does not stay anymore and we have been driving with the metal exposed. The inside is made so cheaply that the vents fall out and even the sun visor fell off. The last and worst part of the car is the brakes. We have taken it to have all 4 brakes replaced 3 times. I have owned many cars before this one and have never had the problems this one has. Such a shame for a very nice looking SUV."