2012 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 379 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.1/10

Another Great Dodge Product

By on Monday, December 08, 2008

"We have enjoyed our Journey since our purchase in June. We had a small problem with the back up camera, but that seems to have been taken care of. This vehicle drives and rides great and the storage is in a class by itself. I would highly recomend this vehicle to anyone with 4 or more people in the family. It is great for family vacations and if you purchase a cargo carrier for the roof rack, you have even more room to pack stuff."

Went from the Dakota to the Journey and love it

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Driving performance, room/storage, comfort"

Cons: "color selection, no floor mats"

"SE model... I enjoy the blue-tooth, radio-controls on the steering wheel, the seat comfort, extra storage, and the horse-power (V6). It has as much length for hauling as my Dakota did but drives more like a car with tremendous better gas mileage."

Engine and Transmission

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, storage space, comfort"

Cons: "Transmission, shifting"

"I have the SXT model with the 3.6L V6. Generally, I like the car with the roominess, flexibility, comfort of the ride and ability to get in and out of tight spaces. While the engine has significant power, it also has significant torque steering when you get on the gas. As long as you know it's coming, you'll be OK. My complaint is about the transmission. It's the 6 speed and it is crazy, all over the place as to what gear you're in. You will be doing 30 mph and you're in 6th gear. It shifts rough, it shifts oddly and this is after having it into the dealer for computer updates and new software downloads. There is nothing smooth about the transmission of this car. Which leads me to worry about the long term reliability as my mileage increases."

This car is not what I thought I was buying.

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "6 disc cd changer, power mirrors, floor storage"

Cons: "Cheap features to cover what it lacks"

"This vehicle has not been what I thought it would be. I am disappointed and over whelmed by the low resale value of this vehicle. Runs good but is noisy. Under floor compartments and other features do not compensate for its short comings. Engine is weak on fuel economy getting only 17 mpg overall. Brakes wear quickly and vehicle is like a bus when driving. I am definately disappointed for the low quality of this vehicle."

My Dream Car!!!

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, stylish, and the best!!!!"

Cons: "None!!!"

"My dad bought this car for me for Christmas this year. I have always wanted a crossover but as my first car at 16, my dad bought me a Dodge Caliber to just test me out on driving. Now at 18, he bought me what I always wanted. I got this 2013 Journey on December 8, 2012, and so far it has been great. I have installed factory navigation since purchasing it, added chrome door handles, and a chrome roof rail. Even thought it may say SXT on the outside, inside it seems like a crew model. This Journey has more features than anything I could ever imagine. Being 18 and having a Journey is a luxury to me. It rides good, sits well, and looks good. I would recommend anybody that is looking for a mid size crossover to consider the Journey...you won't go wrong."