2012 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 379 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.1/10

Incredible family car, great value

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Best value by far in it's class. Beautiful, solid"

Cons: "none."

"This SUV has been dramatically improved in every way. It's roomy, very family friendly, and one of the only mid-sized SUVs with a usable third row seat. The seats can be arranged so all 7 of us have adequate leg space. Very quiet ride, solid feel, handles great, incredibly nice interior and electronic features. This is the best value in its class. Also a number one safety pick, so you will get a safety discount on your insurance while keeping your kids as safe as they can be."

Solid car, happy with choice

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, attractive"

Cons: "Backseat leg room, lack of passenger power seat"

"Note: Our previous car was a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica which we loved. If Pacifica was still being made, we probably would have bought another. It spoiled us with it's roominess and general comfort as well as both driver and passenger power seats which were on the base model. It was also very reliable. Okay, time to move on to our Dodge Journey: I own the 6cyl. SXT model with 3rd row seat. I love the acceleration ability, general comfort and smooth ride. Fuel economy is okay - seems like I have to fill pretty often but the electronic fuel econ. usually reads in the 21-23 range. Cons: Lacking in rear leg room compared to our previous crossover. No power seat for passenger. Salespeople at numerous dealerships are very confused about what Uconnect/Bluetooth/handsfree really mean. Please research before purchasing. Pros: Attractive car, really good engine in 6cyl model, like the flex seating w/3rd row when needed. LOVED all the cubbies and storage when first viewed the car, but ironically hardly ever use them."

very nice vehicle inside and out

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "steering and pricey specialized tires!"

"Nice vehicle in and out. Love the hidden compartments. Pricey specialized 19.5 inch tires must be special ordered. Only complaint is that the vehicle steers like a tank and it floats going down the road. Got a lifetime front end alignment at Firestone and it didnt seem to help. Guess I will upgrade the shocks. Besides that, it is a nice vehicle!"

I like and hate this vehicle all at once!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"I loved this car until we started having problems with it this last summer! Between the tries needing replaced and having 19" wheels which are impossible to find, so we special order them from a dodge dealership which was not cheap!! Then the Breaks went out and we had to replace the whole break system! So besides the high up keep this vehicle has had, I do like it! It handles well in the snow and ice and gets ok gas mileage!"

Worst vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, February 17, 2011

"I bought this vehicle in March of 2009. Loved it at first and then the problems started. Had to have brake pads and rotors replaced at 27,000 miles. Then electrical problems began. Back up lights came on and wouldn't go off. When you accelerate, it kind of stalls out. Found out that the tires are an odd size and are very expensive to replace. I have owned several Dodge pickups in my lifetime, but this is the last Dodge I will ever purchase."

Never Again!

By on Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"I wish I would have never bought this vehicle. I have had nothing but problems with it. This is the first and last time I will own a Dodge!"

worst vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, June 08, 2010

"I have owned the car for one year and it has been in the shop once or twice a month since I have owned it. I have been in touch with the dealer and the maker of the vehicle and the dealer is the only one who is any help. I have had it in to get the front drivers side strut fixed and they hope that is the problem. They changed some parts and still are not sure what the noise is. I will be renting another vehicle to go on vacation on due to lack of trust of the journey. And the maker of the car is not standing behind their product. I will never own another dodge again."

Waste of Money

By on Friday, May 07, 2010

"I bought this car in August and at first I loved it. Around Christmas we began to hear a knocking noise in the engine and every since things have gone downhill. The car has been in the shop for over 30 days since January for multiple problems. A new engine was put into it at 7,500 miles, and the new engine has been torn apart several times. It has been in the shop for transmission problems, various leaks and the computer and so forth. The car is being classified as a lemon and soon it won't be my headache anymore. I only wish that I knew then what I know now. A real waste of money! Dodge products are being made very poorly."

lemon

By on Monday, December 29, 2008

"we bought our journey on may 12 its been in the shop for a total of 52 days the first time was the airbag sensor(it went in twice for that)the other major prblem was a lifter tick from the day we bought it they had to totaly overhaul the heads with new rockershaft and roller assemblies. the car has been back for things not being fixed right . would not ever buy another or recomend to anyone"

Another Great Dodge Product

By on Monday, December 08, 2008

"We have enjoyed our Journey since our purchase in June. We had a small problem with the back up camera, but that seems to have been taken care of. This vehicle drives and rides great and the storage is in a class by itself. I would highly recomend this vehicle to anyone with 4 or more people in the family. It is great for family vacations and if you purchase a cargo carrier for the roof rack, you have even more room to pack stuff."

Went from the Dakota to the Journey and love it

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Driving performance, room/storage, comfort"

Cons: "color selection, no floor mats"

"SE model... I enjoy the blue-tooth, radio-controls on the steering wheel, the seat comfort, extra storage, and the horse-power (V6). It has as much length for hauling as my Dakota did but drives more like a car with tremendous better gas mileage."

Engine and Transmission

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, storage space, comfort"

Cons: "Transmission, shifting"

"I have the SXT model with the 3.6L V6. Generally, I like the car with the roominess, flexibility, comfort of the ride and ability to get in and out of tight spaces. While the engine has significant power, it also has significant torque steering when you get on the gas. As long as you know it's coming, you'll be OK. My complaint is about the transmission. It's the 6 speed and it is crazy, all over the place as to what gear you're in. You will be doing 30 mph and you're in 6th gear. It shifts rough, it shifts oddly and this is after having it into the dealer for computer updates and new software downloads. There is nothing smooth about the transmission of this car. Which leads me to worry about the long term reliability as my mileage increases."

This car is not what I thought I was buying.

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "6 disc cd changer, power mirrors, floor storage"

Cons: "Cheap features to cover what it lacks"

"This vehicle has not been what I thought it would be. I am disappointed and over whelmed by the low resale value of this vehicle. Runs good but is noisy. Under floor compartments and other features do not compensate for its short comings. Engine is weak on fuel economy getting only 17 mpg overall. Brakes wear quickly and vehicle is like a bus when driving. I am definately disappointed for the low quality of this vehicle."

My Dream Car!!!

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, stylish, and the best!!!!"

Cons: "None!!!"

"My dad bought this car for me for Christmas this year. I have always wanted a crossover but as my first car at 16, my dad bought me a Dodge Caliber to just test me out on driving. Now at 18, he bought me what I always wanted. I got this 2013 Journey on December 8, 2012, and so far it has been great. I have installed factory navigation since purchasing it, added chrome door handles, and a chrome roof rail. Even thought it may say SXT on the outside, inside it seems like a crew model. This Journey has more features than anything I could ever imagine. Being 18 and having a Journey is a luxury to me. It rides good, sits well, and looks good. I would recommend anybody that is looking for a mid size crossover to consider the Journey...you won't go wrong."

Another Dodge gem

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks sharp and plenty of room"

Cons: "Haven't found any yet"

"We've had this CUV since June and love it. Great power for a 6 cylinder and gets great MPGs. We went from a minivan to our 2011 Dodge Journey and couldn't be happier. With two growing boys we needed something with minivan room but without the minivan stigma. Easy entry and egress for the boys and baseball/football equipment. We love our Journey and will be looking at adding a new generation Durango in a year or two."

Unreliable

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Great Space, Comfortable, alright on gas"

Cons: "Revs high before shifts, not reliable"

"We had nothing but problems from the first week we owned this vehicle. We got this as a reliable vehicle brand new and I was 7 months pregnant with our second child and the vehicles electronics kept shutting down. It was the middle of summer and when this happens your heat comes on and will not shut off becaus it is a feature so if its winter you are able to stay warm, but this doesn't help you in the summer time. We had it in the shop 3 times and had the problem 5 times within a 4 month period."

LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room and little luxerys!"

Cons: "Havent found one yet."

"This vehicle is perfect for me and my 5 kids!"

Great Car at a nice price point

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "affordable, drives nice, stylish inside"

"We are very happy with the Journey, it has the 3rd row, which is small, but comes in handy, when you need. Wouldn't recommend using 3rd row as regular seating. Dash is nice, seats are comfortable, has basics you need except for cruise control . . . It drives nice, the only regret is not getting the bigger engine, we prefer a little more pep! As far as any negatives, the brakes rotars did not hold up for only having vehicle for 12 months."

Rides and handles nice. We have owned it from new.

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pros: "Great winter vehicle"

"We have been on two trips of over 1500 miles. This is an all wheel drive and is very reliable in the winter."

Regretful decision

By on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Bought this car off the showroom floor in Jan of '09. Impressed by the storage and convenience. The overall fit and finish of this car is lacking. Too much plastic. Gas mileage is no better that a full size SUV. The plastic body panels feel like they want to fall off every time I hand wash the car. Too afraid to drive through power washer in fear of losing body panels. Noisy at highway speeds. Cruise control does not hold steady. Already replaced the brake pads and rotors on front and back. This is my wife driving this car not a race car driver. The brakes should last longer. The passenger front seat can get uncomfortable on long trips. Probably due to the mickey mouse storage seat. Overall, very disappointing."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"We got our Dodge Journey at a great price and are paying it off quick because the wife wants another one with Navigation"

Most favorite Car out of all I've owned!

By on Wednesday, October 07, 2009

"This car is the best! 7 passenger seating, V6 engine, AWD. I do love all the storage compartments, very comfortable, good on gas. I've taken it to Virginia and back, and it's just wonderful. We both love the way it handles! I've never had a car so good at turning corners! The cooler in the dash is neat but really doesn't keep things real cool - but better than a hot car! My one complaint - I don't like the way the clock is positioned - wish it was up higher and not on the radio - too small and hard to see while driving. Otherwise, I have absolutely no complaints about my car - we both agree that we made a great choice when buying it!"

Best Vehicle I ever had

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

"I have the Journey R/T fully loaded with the VES and rear view camera. (It also comes with a remote start on the RKE) I did 2 round trips from San Francisco CA to San Antonio TX my last trip was a single way from SF to SA towing a U-Haul trailer. It did very well over the mountains. I got upwards to 26 mps without trailer on highways and 21 with trailer. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone."

good deal

By on Thursday, August 06, 2009

"is the best car RT"

Great SUV

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"I have had the SXT FWD since August 2008. I absolutely love it. It rides and handles extremely smooth. The engine is so quiet that you don't even know the car is turned on. It is so roomy and spacious that it is great for my growing adolescent kids and all their "stuff". The size of the trunk is great (we do not have the 3rd row seating). I was able to fit my 6.5 foot Christmas tree in the back with only one seat folded down and still had room for my 2 kids to sit. I had a GMC Envoy a fews ago and I have to say that I love the Journey better. The only gripe I have is that it suffers from horrible wind noise. I was very disappointed at how loud the wind howls inside. However it is not constant and not so much that the radio can't drown out."