2012 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 352 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"i have owned this car since may of 2008, well i bought the car in may of 2008, the vehicle had to go in the day after we bought it for the dvd system to put in...which no one knew how to install at the dealership...needless to say it took 2 wks for it to get out for that..we had it back for 3 days, then the airbag light came on...back to the shop we go..we didnt get this car back until after july 4th 2008. The dealership we bought it at was and still is horrible. the car when you make a turn makes this horrible sound, which we were told was normal...after you are driving it for a while it smokes (the dealership says this is break dust...doubtful) when you turn the windshield wipers off the light dim (dealership told me this isnt happening...um hello..i am driving the vehicle...after you shut off the wipers the interior lights go off then back on) the whol electrical system is shot...the MY GIG is a joke...half of the things dont work and we have had 4 different radios installed..would never recommend this car to an enemy..tried to put in a lemon law...doesnt qualify...YET..well the seats are comfortable though..hopefully i wont loose too much on a trade in.."

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"I was reading a review from someone else that owns this car and I have to say I feel like we have the same car, I have had my car for 10 months and have had the same problems as him...."My 09 Journey STX is 10 months on the road has 29000 miles and has been in the shop 6 times so far. The vehicle has never broken down on me but there has been many issues that are annoying and are not acceptable. Most recent was that with in 25K miles the brake pads have worn down and the pads worn uneven and even had scorn the rotter from what the service manager told me "Too Much Metal in the pads." and of course they didn't warrant it because it was a wear item. Pads never made it to the indicators but damaged rotter so expensive fix at my cost. Yea thats High Quality Mopar Parts. The AC makes a loud rattle that has yet to be fixed, there was a grinding noise from the steering and was found that the reservoir was too small after several trips in, There was a creek in the pillar passenger side that took 2 service shop attempts and one full day the body shop to locate the fix. In the process they damaged the headliner and scratched up several places on door panels and other plastics. So back to the shop for a new headliner when delivered. Door hinges tend to start to make a spring sprung sound they fix with loading up on grease." I think about trading it in for something else but I am scared to see what the trade in value is now :("

2009 R/T Loaded

By on Monday, June 08, 2009

"Have had my completely loaded R/T for one year on the 9th - and I love it as much now as I did when I bought it. Traded in a BMW X5 on it - the BMW had more squeaks and rattles that the dealer could never "duplicate" than the Journey. Don't listen to the negatives, folks - this is a WONDERFUL car. Yeah - it has its mostly minor problems - but show me a maker that doesn't? This vehicle is stupendous! Roomy, peppy, interior and exterior...I get compliments ALL OF THE TIME on mine! Let's support America!"

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Ours is the R/T model with most options. The ride is great. I can drive it for hours & not get sleepy as with all other vechicles I've owned. I attribute that to the seat design. This baby is all wheel drive and it gets 24 to 26 MPG on the highway. Yes a lot of the interior trim is plastic but so is most other brands. We have the leather seats. Don't get the 3rd row seat model unless you have small children. It is a small seating area."

Get the bugs out.

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"My 09 Journey STX is 10 months on the road has 29000 miles and has been in the shop 6 times so far. The vehicle has never broken down on me but there has been many issues that are annoying and are not acceptable. Most recent was that with in 25K miles the brake pads have worn down and the pads worn uneven and even had scorn the rotter from what the service manager told me "Too Much Metal in the pads." and of course they didn't warrant it because it was a wear item. Pads never made it to the indicators but damaged rotter so expensive fix at my cost. Yea thats High Quality Mopar Parts. The AC makes a loud rattle that has yet to be fixed, there was a grinding noise from the steering and was found that the reservoir was too small after several trips in, There was a creek in the pillar passenger side that took 2 service shop attempts and one full day the body shop to locate the fix. In the process they damaged the headliner and scratched up several places on door panels and other plastics. So back to the shop for a new headliner when delivered. Door hinges tend to start to make a spring sprung sound they fix with loading up on grease. Sunroof makes loud rub noise when opening in vent position. Last thing I can think of is that the alarm has gone off 2 times and the only way to turn if off is use the pull out key to unlock the door because the fob won't respond. The dealer hasn't been able to duplicate so guess I will have to live with this. Okay so the good about the vehicle is that it does have a good amount of power with the V6 but it averages around 18 to 21 mpg on a regular basis. One of the main features and reasons for the purchase was the towing. The 3500 lbs tow is a bit much for the car on speeds of 45 mph or more but around town it does okay. The gearing for 1st 2nd and 3rd are way too close together so shifting with manual mode you just bump through all three gears within 20 mph. It is a fairly comfortable ride and roomy car. The AC works very well and with the rear ac option the car cools down fairly quick. Don't count on the dash drink holder to cool your drinks as it heats up when car is off and runs off the ac so you get a slightly cooler than room temp drink. The under floor mats drink holders don't have drain holes so you have to be careful not to get carpet wet when emptying. Good amount of storage room through out. The interior lighting is fair and attractive. Traction is good and the car stops fast and hard when needed. This was very impressive to me when I had to nail them once because a kid road his bike right out in front of me. The third row seating is cramped and when you sit the seat up there isn't but 12 inches of cargo room which won't even hold most coolers or items for the trip. Overall, the vehicle has many good options and has been reliable to get from point A to B but I have found that the quality isn't what I expected or as good as the Nissans I always had in the past. Also one MAIN POINT to get across is, within 6 months and 18K miles I went to trade due to the unsatisfied towing I needed and found that I had already lost 11K in depreciation. Now in less than a year that has increased to about 15K..... That's a 65% loss in less than 10 months. I hope this helped in your decision. It would have if I had know before I bought."