2011 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 399 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.2/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

This car is vastly under-rated

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

"I have owned this car for more than two years without any issues at all. The interior is well designed, and the 8.4" screen is very helpful. Several of my neighbors have bought Journeys as well due to this car. The stance and wheels are great as well."

comfortable ride, handles well

By on Thursday, August 4, 2016

Pros: "nice ride, good gas mileage"

Cons: "no power liftgate, a little tight on shoulder room"

"I bought this car in August, 2013. Planned on replacing my Chrysler minivan but, upon trying out the Journey, really liked it. It has a little less elbow room than the Chrysler but it is roomy enough. It rides and drives well and looks good. There is plenty of room in back and we have carried 8-ft. boards by bringing the end all the way to the dash. We like the backup camera and the Bluetooth features. The only issue we had was with the push button start. In the first few months, we had a couple of times that it wouldn't start. The dealership didn't find a problem but rebooted something and it hasn't done that since. We missed the power liftgate we had on the Chrysler. Other than that, it has been a very nice ride as well as functional for hauling small loads."

Good price, comfortable, drives well

By on Thursday, December 10, 2015

"Own 2014 6cylinder: very comfortable, stylish, drives well, glad I purchased"

Engine and Transmission

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pros: "Power, storage space, comfort"

Cons: "Transmission, shifting"

"I have the SXT model with the 3.6L V6. Generally, I like the car with the roominess, flexibility, comfort of the ride and ability to get in and out of tight spaces. While the engine has significant power, it also has significant torque steering when you get on the gas. As long as you know it's coming, you'll be OK. My complaint is about the transmission. It's the 6 speed and it is crazy, all over the place as to what gear you're in. You will be doing 30 mph and you're in 6th gear. It shifts rough, it shifts oddly and this is after having it into the dealer for computer updates and new software downloads. There is nothing smooth about the transmission of this car. Which leads me to worry about the long term reliability as my mileage increases."

Fantastic vehicle

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "Cost of tire replacement"

"This is my third Journey and this one is a Limited all wheel drive. That shows you how great I think this vehicle is. Best value on the market."