2011 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 394 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

A very comfortable multi purpose vehicle

By on Saturday, October 17, 2015

Pros: "a lot of car for the money"

Cons: "four cylinder is reliable but needs a little more"

"Love my Journey! Very comfortable multi purpose vehicle. Great for people moving or for hauling supplies & my multi media equipment. The only detractor is that my four cylinder four speed is a little sluggish. But not so much as to take away from the great value of this car. You get a lot of room, comfort and smooth road manners for not much money when compared with some others I considered."

Great car for price

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Space and a people mover"

Cons: "A little underpowered"

"I own a base model with a 4 cylinder. Great Mileage Mixed driving highway rural and some city. Car still looks like new except for recall on breaks and key fob all I had to do is put a set of tires on this vehicle and a rock pierced the radiator. Just had a trans service done as recommened and the car runs like it did the first day. 3,000 mile oil changes and two gas treatments. This car has a lot of space and can handle 4 300 pund adults with ease. I do travel ball with my daughter, Ohio, Penn,Jersey, Kentucky- never missed a beat."

I would replace

By on Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"I have had my 2009 since June of 09 and I love it. The third row seats folds flat which gives me room that my previous mini van didn't for groceries. This is by far the best vehicle for the money I have owned that fits my family of 6. If I wrecked it today, I would have another one tomorrow. I don't regret my decision one bit."

What a LEMON

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "decent mpg, nice looking vehicle"

Cons: "bad brakes, misfiring cylinders, bad customer serv"

"BRAKE ISSUES and ENGINE PROBLEMS. Bought this vehicle brand new 19 months ago. It has been in the shop more than not. Chrysler’s not willing to back their product. After about a week of ownership received letter from Chrysler there was a known brake defect and they would warranty them with deductibles up to 36k miles vs 12k. At 7445 miles I had brake issues. Dealership fixed no charge. At 19653 had second brake job. At 24k more brake issue, rotor and pads replaced on front and back, $50 deductable. At 28000 miles 3rd brake job all 4 wheels, calibers hang up $100 deductable. I had the vehicle in 9x for brakes. Also engine misfire. Now there is a lifter noise. Contacted Chrysler asked for assistance. Asked to have replaced under LEMON LAW. They said wasn't a lemon, would not waive deductible for brakes. The moldings around the front doors have been replaced 3x and the overhead consol was also replaced 3x. Had a friend who bought the same vehicle one week after me. She traded hers off within the first sixt months due to the same engine problems I experienced. Reviewed various websites and found SEVERAL reviews with the same issues. Chrysler delivered a very bad product with the 2010 Journey. NOT HAPPY LOOSING MONEY, between the down payment and current trade in value, I am loosing $6000 but to put new brakes on every 7 to 13000, I will go broke. Saying good bye to Chrysler and hello to GM."

Get the bugs out.

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"My 09 Journey STX is 10 months on the road has 29000 miles and has been in the shop 6 times so far. The vehicle has never broken down on me but there has been many issues that are annoying and are not acceptable. Most recent was that with in 25K miles the brake pads have worn down and the pads worn uneven and even had scorn the rotter from what the service manager told me "Too Much Metal in the pads." and of course they didn't warrant it because it was a wear item. Pads never made it to the indicators but damaged rotter so expensive fix at my cost. Yea thats High Quality Mopar Parts. The AC makes a loud rattle that has yet to be fixed, there was a grinding noise from the steering and was found that the reservoir was too small after several trips in, There was a creek in the pillar passenger side that took 2 service shop attempts and one full day the body shop to locate the fix. In the process they damaged the headliner and scratched up several places on door panels and other plastics. So back to the shop for a new headliner when delivered. Door hinges tend to start to make a spring sprung sound they fix with loading up on grease. Sunroof makes loud rub noise when opening in vent position. Last thing I can think of is that the alarm has gone off 2 times and the only way to turn if off is use the pull out key to unlock the door because the fob won't respond. The dealer hasn't been able to duplicate so guess I will have to live with this. Okay so the good about the vehicle is that it does have a good amount of power with the V6 but it averages around 18 to 21 mpg on a regular basis. One of the main features and reasons for the purchase was the towing. The 3500 lbs tow is a bit much for the car on speeds of 45 mph or more but around town it does okay. The gearing for 1st 2nd and 3rd are way too close together so shifting with manual mode you just bump through all three gears within 20 mph. It is a fairly comfortable ride and roomy car. The AC works very well and with the rear ac option the car cools down fairly quick. Don't count on the dash drink holder to cool your drinks as it heats up when car is off and runs off the ac so you get a slightly cooler than room temp drink. The under floor mats drink holders don't have drain holes so you have to be careful not to get carpet wet when emptying. Good amount of storage room through out. The interior lighting is fair and attractive. Traction is good and the car stops fast and hard when needed. This was very impressive to me when I had to nail them once because a kid road his bike right out in front of me. The third row seating is cramped and when you sit the seat up there isn't but 12 inches of cargo room which won't even hold most coolers or items for the trip. Overall, the vehicle has many good options and has been reliable to get from point A to B but I have found that the quality isn't what I expected or as good as the Nissans I always had in the past. Also one MAIN POINT to get across is, within 6 months and 18K miles I went to trade due to the unsatisfied towing I needed and found that I had already lost 11K in depreciation. Now in less than a year that has increased to about 15K..... That's a 65% loss in less than 10 months. I hope this helped in your decision. It would have if I had know before I bought."

Owned 2010 4yrs next month, bought a new crew

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "7 passanger, 6 cyl. lots of toys to play with."

"Our 2010 SXT was excellent. 7 passanger, 6 cyl. ran great. put 45K miles on it and traded it yesterday for a new 2013 journey crew, fully loaded. Plenty of room to take the grand kids on vacation. Rides better than the 3 previous Cadillacs we've owned. Would reccomend this to anyone looking for a great comfortable suv. Always get the 6 cyl. lots of power to spare. Lots of toys on the new one to make traveling fun."

Dependable and comfortable

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

"This is a Great car with good gas milage for its size and utility. It can carry up to 7 passangers, tow a trailer, have luggage on the roof rack and still get 23 miles per gallon on the highway and in comfort. You cant't beat that. With a standard load and a cold air intake I get 27-30 MPG on the highway. That is great for a V6 SUV. For the price it out does the competition. Cost $2000-5000 less then anything in its class as equipt"

Great car

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "AWD great in bad weather.Comfortable lots of power"

"Only problem has been bluetooth. Took 2 trys to get it fixed. Commute 130 miles a day now have 31000 miles on 2011. V6 engine,winter average mileage about 24. Summer average about 26. Lowest average milage for week driving was 21.2 Highest for week was 28.1. Great ride and handling love the nav and hands free. Been really great having to haul around grandkids."

Incredible family car, great value

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Best value by far in it's class. Beautiful, solid"

Cons: "none."

"This SUV has been dramatically improved in every way. It's roomy, very family friendly, and one of the only mid-sized SUVs with a usable third row seat. The seats can be arranged so all 7 of us have adequate leg space. Very quiet ride, solid feel, handles great, incredibly nice interior and electronic features. This is the best value in its class. Also a number one safety pick, so you will get a safety discount on your insurance while keeping your kids as safe as they can be."

WORST VEHICLE I HAVE DRIVEN

By on Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pros: "storage"

Cons: "everything else"

"I bought my 2009 Journey brand new in July of 2009. I have had several problems with it ever since. Around 15,000 miles, my engine light came on and anytime I got over 60 MPH, the car would shake terribly. I took it to the dealership and sat there for 3.5 hours for them to tell me there was nothing wrong with my car. Around 20,000 miles, my brakes had to be replaced. After reading the rest of the reviews on here, I am actually glad to know its not just me nor my driving. Now, I am at close to 37,000 miles and here is a list of things currently wrong: the lock on my front passenger door will NOT work ( i have to manually pull the lock up myself from inside), the cruise decides to work at its own convenience, need new brake pads again,the paint is chipping terribly, and the tires need to be replaced. This would be ok if we could find the tires at all. I have the 19 inch rims and the tires are IMPOSSIBLE to find ANYWHERE. No dealership within 75 miles of me has them or can order them. They are also super expensive. We are actually having to purchase a different size tire just for me to have a tire! I do NOT recommend this vehicle. We are in the process of finding me a new car and trading this lemon in. HATE IT!"