2011 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 397 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10
Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 16 | Next

You get what you pay for

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "affordable, roomy in front, lots of storage places"

Cons: "cheep"

"I wanted an affordable car with a 3rd row seat and that's what I got however the 3rd row seat is never used because no one will fit. There is the loud sound when you turn the wheel and the dealership says it is a mud flap issue???? I know it isn't. There is something wrong. I wish I would have waited for a 2010 or 2011 when the defects were worked out. I have had it for over 3 years now and it has always been dependable but I'm ready to trade it in for something that doesn't make me so nervous to turn the wheel."

Worst vehicle I've ever owned!!!

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "it has 4 wheels"

Cons: "this car is one big CON!"

"No joke....this is by far the worst vehicle I've ever owned. If I could have rated it 0 in the ratings section I would have. I have a 2009 Dodge Journey, I bought it in Dec 09 as a used vehicle....6 months later I had to completely replace the engine. Because it was 2000 miles over the warranty (I had 38000 miles on it at the time), I had to pay the whole thing out of pocket. The brakes are in constant need of replacing. In the summer, if it gets too hot, the air conditioning stops working. If it gets too cold, the heat stops. When it rains, the car will stall and it sounds like it doesn't want to shift into gear. I traded my old car for this to have something more reliable, big mistake!!! I'm stuck with it for another 3 years, as soon as its paid off though...its gone!"

So far I love to hate my Journey...

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Excellent price for a 7-seater, decent hwy mileage"

Cons: "Tire sensor issue, brake issue, suv town mileage"

"I have been the proud owner for about 6 months, and find it a lot more comfortable to drive than my Dodge Durango (1999). Down side is the dashboard is waaaaay too deep and it's difficult to get an accurate idea exactly where the front end of the vehicle is."

GAS GUZZLER OF A 4 CYL.

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Handles great very responsive, decent price,"

Cons: "Gas mileage is poor, interior is small"

"I bought this car for my wife who transports small children and does the typical running around with the kids in tow. We gave up an Impala getting 17mpg city for the Journey that was rated at 19. We are currently getting 13.8mpg city and 20.5 highway. A far cry less than the advertised mileage. The handling and styling are nice, the interior is too small to accommodate the infant car seats and toddler seat comfortably but it can be done. The larger toddler is crammed against the drivers seat for the infant seats to fit in the third row. There is no ease or convenience in the interior of this car for small children."

Worst Vehicle ever

By on Friday, March 11, 2011

"Our spent the first month of ownership at the dealership. The dealership tried to deny our rental car coverage when we had purchased the extended warranty. It requires new brakes every 10k miles. My Chevy truck requires new brakes every 150K. It makes noises and rattles all the time. Would never buy another."

By on Thursday, February 17, 2011

Not a smart buy

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"The Dodge Journey is stylish, roomy (unless you use the third row of seats), has a great sound system and the 30gig hard drive is great. The bad side: The hood release latch is situated too closely to the Parking brake release. So if you're not careful, the hood opens when releasing the brake. The cruise controls revs up to about 5000 RPM going downhill when it's trying to slow the vehicle. That's frightening. There's a terrible blind spot on the passenger side. Tires wear much too quickly. My 2010 has 11,500 miles and tires are at about 50%. Gas mileage is awful. I have a feeling the resale or trade-in value is not good. I won't buy another Dodge if I ever get rid of this one."

Good family car

By on Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"I have owned my Journey now since October, and I must say that you can't ask for a better family crossover. I don't have a complaint yet on the vehichle. I rated the styling a three, because I think Dodge could've came up with a better dash to make it more appealing. As far as comfort goes, my son's carseat fits perfectly in the back and there is still plently of room for me and my husband and all of our stuff. Very comfortable taking road trips with, and good on gas for a SUV. Would def reccommend this car to other people! A very satisfied customer."

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Too Cheap for the price

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"Went from a Durango to the Journey. Have not noticed much difference in fuel economy. Power is non existent and ride is EXTREMELY uncomfortable."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"by far the most satisfactory vehicle I've ever owned"

By on Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Avoid the 4 cyl modle!!! not enough power to move the vehicle with any haste. Needs a extra gear or 2 for use of a 4 cyl engine. interior is odd looking and much too much of cheap plastic. The vehicle should get better mileage than it does, but with only a 4 speed trans..25 on the highway is ok. If not for the cheap lease price, I would avoid it. There are far more superior vehicles out there...especially if your going to buy."

worst car i have ever owned

By on Friday, October 22, 2010

"This is by far the worst car i have ever owned, not reliable at all. It would not start 3 times in 2 weeks. to be towed each time back to the dealer, only to be told " nothing was wrong". This has been the worst experience with a car I have ever had! Don't buy a Dodge Journey!!!!!!!!!"

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

LOOKS ARE DECEIVING !

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"The features that sold me on this car are the ones that did not live up to their hype. The bucket under the floorboard for icing drinks, melts the ice. The insulation is not adequate to compensate for the heat from the car. Drinks do not stay cold. The "YES" seat protection does not work. My seats are stained. The two front rear mirrors both have had to be replaced, the paint flaked off. New rotors and brakes on the front, new brakes on the back, both at 27,000 miles. Blind spot on the right side of the vehicle. Problem with transmission slips was a defect and manufacturer provided repair part. Dealership knew of problem, but owners never notified. 7 passengers ride comfortably BUT travel with 7 is near impossible. Space is inadequate for 7 people and their luggage, even for short weekend trips. The value of the car has already depreciated below it's lease owed amount and i have taken excellent care of this vehicle. Mileage is horrid. Straight highway average 20 - 22. Around town can drop as low as 16mpg. No sound speakers in third row seating. One pro: the ride has been wonderful. Comfortable & noiseless."

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

Nice 7 passenger AWD cruiser

By on Monday, August 2, 2010

"I rented this vehicle for a month and found it to be one of the smoothest riding vehicles I've ever driven, but it was almost brand new. Now for the negatives: The interior parts are on the cheap side, but my biggest complaints is with the transmission. On hard acceleration from a stop, it seemed to take off in 2nd or 3rd gear with very poor perforance for a V6. On going into passing gear, it didn't seem like it could pick the right gear. And finally, when in cruise control and going down a hill it will downshift to try to keep the speed at the setpoint, with result being the engine is screaming at 5000 rpms and then after the hill, it won't upshift back to a cruise rpms. Manual intervention is required. This feature in slippery conditions would be like piling on the brakes. To be honest, I didn't check to see if there was some way to override the downshifting while in cruise control. Mileage started off at about 16 mpg, but once above 4000 miles it started improving to an average of 19 mpg."

By on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Big on Room, Not on Power

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"I love my Dodge Journey. You can't beat the roominess or size. My husband and I are both Plus size people and we fit very comfortably. We test drove other LARGE SUV's and none compared to the room in the front for the driver. I purchased the SE and it lacks some serious power. It doesn't have any "get up and go" if you know what I mean. Would def. pay more for the 6cyl. now that I have been driving the 4cyl. The fabric on the seats are cheap and it is very hard, nearly impossible, to get stains out. We have tried everything, and nothing has really worked for us. Would I buy another Dodge Journey...for sure! Only I would go for the more $$$$$ 6 cyl with more options."

Good price, comfortable, drives well

By on Thursday, December 10, 2015

"Own 2014 6cylinder: very comfortable, stylish, drives well, glad I purchased"

Engine and Transmission

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pros: "Power, storage space, comfort"

Cons: "Transmission, shifting"

"I have the SXT model with the 3.6L V6. Generally, I like the car with the roominess, flexibility, comfort of the ride and ability to get in and out of tight spaces. While the engine has significant power, it also has significant torque steering when you get on the gas. As long as you know it's coming, you'll be OK. My complaint is about the transmission. It's the 6 speed and it is crazy, all over the place as to what gear you're in. You will be doing 30 mph and you're in 6th gear. It shifts rough, it shifts oddly and this is after having it into the dealer for computer updates and new software downloads. There is nothing smooth about the transmission of this car. Which leads me to worry about the long term reliability as my mileage increases."

Fantastic vehicle

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "Cost of tire replacement"

"This is my third Journey and this one is a Limited all wheel drive. That shows you how great I think this vehicle is. Best value on the market."

Best family car ever!

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, ride, equipment"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Love this car. Have the SXT that seats 7. Great DVD player. Many storage areas."

hate the car

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "seats 7"

Cons: "not reliable"

"Lots of major issues. Brakes keep wearing down, replaced 3 times, now engine issues and car is not running at 54,000 2009. Great body, resist scratches and dents. Comes well equiped."

Love it

By on Thursday, February 2, 2012

"This car fits my family of 5 comfortably with extra space. It drives and handles smoothly, it is a wonderful car."

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 16 | Next