2011 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 378 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.1/10

Great car for price

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Space and a people mover"

Cons: "A little underpowered"

"I own a base model with a 4 cylinder. Great Mileage Mixed driving highway rural and some city. Car still looks like new except for recall on breaks and key fob all I had to do is put a set of tires on this vehicle and a rock pierced the radiator. Just had a trans service done as recommened and the car runs like it did the first day. 3,000 mile oil changes and two gas treatments. This car has a lot of space and can handle 4 300 pund adults with ease. I do travel ball with my daughter, Ohio, Penn,Jersey, Kentucky- never missed a beat."

Not worth the cost!

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "Front seats are comfortable"

Cons: "Nonworking rear air"

"Bought the Journey Mainstreet in March of 2011. Felt it was not a bad car for the price at first. Did notice no inside release for the gas cap and once started driving others around realized the third seat is only good for little kids. There is no leg room and when the seats are up it is harder to see out of the rear mirror. The middle seats do not move correctly to allow for someone to get into the back so they must climb in. Right off started having problems with the rear air until it got to the point where it would not turn on at all. Dodge has supposedly fixed the problem but it keeps happening. It is hard to drive with the heat and no air getting to the kids in the back. The mpg is not close to what is stated for the V6. The car has lost so much value that I can not do anything with it."

Almost a 10! NOT ONE RECALL! No 4 Cyl here !

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Get the 6Cyl for speed when U need it! I did! :)"

Cons: "Nothing major, just a few improvements needed!"

"Pros: The seats are quite comfortable for long trips, beyond comparison! No 'tin can' feeling on the road. The outer color of 'storm gray' reduces all glare in hot terrain. The size of the moon/sun roof is surprisingly large and controls are quiet. The tire traction and front-end suspension do their jobs very, very well, for a real smooth ride. The backup camera is a nice feature. The on screen hands-free calling and sound system controls are safe and handy while driving. The options for door locks and so much more adds value. The interior leather is high quality and stands up to 'people' quite nicely. The added carpet overlays are great preservers. The factory tires are much better quality than I expected. I love how the 'vehicle info' gives so much detailed information on the engine. I know what is going on for a change! Engine hours is a great reality check too. The Sirius XM is for FREE, year one!(It should be for two years on a new car)! I have had many vehicles in my lifetime, but this one is certainly the most versatile I have had. I like to buy things that take a truck, but I don't really need one 95% of the time with this vehicle. I'm still finding things out about my car. It is definitely equipped with some great features! Cons: The side view mirrors control needs updating with more range of motion for short people, so the rear mirror is not too far out of range to see properly. There needs to be larger/more AC vents. The driver seat needs to have truly separate positioning control patterns. (Why are all the visors so ridiculously little, and not just on this car?) The lumbar support is not 'as' adjustable as it should be. The carpeting on/in the cargo area is so thin, it is sadly very substandard. The speaker system could be much, much better for the price. Factory wipers are in need of higher quality and better functioning. The backup camera does not need to beep when vehicle has stopped. Dodge should provide new car buyers with a good leather conditioner for the seating,w/ gloves to maintain it. With the warming seats and steering wheel, the directions for maintaining these needs to be emphasized for warranty's sake. The windows could be tinted a bit darker, legally. If Dodge included a step ladder to reach the roof for cleaning, that would be awesome!"

Broke down in less than 6 months

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "Third row seating"

Cons: "Mechanical problems"

"We loved this car until it broke down just under 6 months of owning it. The starter burnt out and the oil pump went. The bottom half of the engine needs to be rebuilt because it was starved of oil. The dealership mechanic said it was a "freak accident." It has been in the repair shop for a week now. I will avoid the Dodge/Chrysler brand."

very reliable

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"the only downside for me is that its hard to see when backing up or changing lanes."

Not reliable

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, drives well, good in the snow"

Cons: "Poor reliability"

"My wife and I are cab drivers and we've put over 30K miles on in 8 months. Besides regular maintenance, which our cab company takes care of, it's been in the shop for repairs 6 times. It's been recalled twice, once for an airbag issue and once for the ignition switch. Each time we've had to wait months for Dodge to have the parts available to repair it. Our power door locks system went out after 3 months and it took a $1000 fix, NOT covered under warranty, to fix the main problem but now the drivers side door switch doesn't work. Worst thing about the lock issue is when the locks don't work you CANNOT open the rid hatch, period! Now it's in the shop again for the return rollers and tensioner on the surpentine belt. Our passengers like the car, and we like it, but we just can't trust it."

Not worth the trouble.

By on Saturday, April 23, 2011

"I currently own a 2009 Dodge Journey and I am so SORRY I eer purchased it. I have had more headaches than any new vehicle owner should have. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM OF ALL IS WITH THE BRAKES. I HAVE HAD THE BRAKES, PADS AND ROTORS, REPLACED 3 TIMES IN 11 MONTHS (MARCH 2010 TO FEB 2011). IT'S NOT MY DRIVING SKILLS,OR THE ROTORS AND PADS. I have been told it is caused by the wheels heating up and warping the Rotors. Every time the brakes start to go bad, it starts with the entire car vibrating while I'm driving down the Interstate; this increases when I try to hit the brakes. You can't imagine how horrible it feels to wonder if you will lose your life when you need to stop and your car won't respond. Oh, and.... The fact that the Dash melted in the sun should have been an indicator of things to come. I don't think the dealership telling me that the Hot FLORIDA SUN may be to blame. I should be able to live in "Tierra del Fuego" and not have that happen. The emergency peddle broke off within 6 months of ownership. The seats stain from anything falling on it; even water. They had to replace the entire seat because they could not get the stains out(I bought it with those stains, and the saleman promised they would clean it). Bottom line is that Dodge used poor material to manufacture this auto and now wants to sell it as the best thing since sliced bread. Not so much! I am not the only person having this problem. Check ALL the "Known Complaints for 2009 Dodge Journey" online, and you will see what I mean. Why won't Dodge do a RECALL? I am fling for The Lemon Law. My vehicle is not worth very much right now in your KBB. I Hate Dodge Journey!!!!!!!!!"

Terrible quality

By on Wednesday, October 06, 2010

"Brake pads wore out after 12000 miles, brakes squealed had to replace the front rotors local Dodge dealership handed me a paper from Dodge stating that the squealing was "normal vehicle noises" . Front end vibrates when braking at freeway speed. Sluggish motor for a 6 cylinder. Can't keep the front end aligned. Terrible leg room in back seats. Sorry I bought it. First Dodge I have owned at it will be the last one. Don't make my mistake...don't buy this car and be cautious buying a Dodge product"

I'm sorry I bought this car

By on Friday, July 17, 2009

"I purchased this car about less than 6 months ago. I have been in the shop with it 4 out of the 6 months that I have had this Journey. I am so disappointed with this car and I would never reccommend this vehicle to anyone."

not a good car for a Journey

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"I rent this SUV in California for a week and drove for about 2000 mls. For 3 passengers with 4 bags, the 4 cylinder engine is too weak. Acceleration is too slow. On a flat road 2000 RPM is ok, but in hills it was from 3500-4000 RPM with a roar almost all the time, on 8 degree climbing it was over 4000 RPM. That is too much for "Journey" SUV. Mirrored parts inside the cab (like chrome plated top of shift stick, frames on instrument panel and other) can blind a driver in sunny weather. Personally I do not like tire pressure warning light. When night-day temperature changing from 40 to 78 it appears and disappears several times a day. The good thing: large enough luggage compartment, lighter sockets for rear seats and in a luggage compartment. So, this is not "Journey SUV". Select 6 cylinders model. By the way, overall gas consumption was 21 mls per a gallon. Actually that is not good for 4-cyl."

Solid car, happy with choice

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, attractive"

Cons: "Backseat leg room, lack of passenger power seat"

"Note: Our previous car was a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica which we loved. If Pacifica was still being made, we probably would have bought another. It spoiled us with it's roominess and general comfort as well as both driver and passenger power seats which were on the base model. It was also very reliable. Okay, time to move on to our Dodge Journey: I own the 6cyl. SXT model with 3rd row seat. I love the acceleration ability, general comfort and smooth ride. Fuel economy is okay - seems like I have to fill pretty often but the electronic fuel econ. usually reads in the 21-23 range. Cons: Lacking in rear leg room compared to our previous crossover. No power seat for passenger. Salespeople at numerous dealerships are very confused about what Uconnect/Bluetooth/handsfree really mean. Please research before purchasing. Pros: Attractive car, really good engine in 6cyl model, like the flex seating w/3rd row when needed. LOVED all the cubbies and storage when first viewed the car, but ironically hardly ever use them."

2011 DODGE JOURNEY

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "reliability,mileage,ride and hauling"

Cons: "a little under-powered, but not a problem"

"Owned approx 3 years with 29,000 mile. only thing I've done are oil changes still original brakes. no problems I have 4cyl auto. all around mileage approx 20mpg Highway approx 27-28mpg. Been a very reliable SUV. rides great and can carry a ton of gear."

very nice vehicle inside and out

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "steering and pricey specialized tires!"

"Nice vehicle in and out. Love the hidden compartments. Pricey specialized 19.5 inch tires must be special ordered. Only complaint is that the vehicle steers like a tank and it floats going down the road. Got a lifetime front end alignment at Firestone and it didnt seem to help. Guess I will upgrade the shocks. Besides that, it is a nice vehicle!"

Another Great Dodge Product

By on Monday, December 08, 2008

"We have enjoyed our Journey since our purchase in June. We had a small problem with the back up camera, but that seems to have been taken care of. This vehicle drives and rides great and the storage is in a class by itself. I would highly recomend this vehicle to anyone with 4 or more people in the family. It is great for family vacations and if you purchase a cargo carrier for the roof rack, you have even more room to pack stuff."

Went from the Dakota to the Journey and love it

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Driving performance, room/storage, comfort"

Cons: "color selection, no floor mats"

"SE model... I enjoy the blue-tooth, radio-controls on the steering wheel, the seat comfort, extra storage, and the horse-power (V6). It has as much length for hauling as my Dakota did but drives more like a car with tremendous better gas mileage."

This car is not what I thought I was buying.

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "6 disc cd changer, power mirrors, floor storage"

Cons: "Cheap features to cover what it lacks"

"This vehicle has not been what I thought it would be. I am disappointed and over whelmed by the low resale value of this vehicle. Runs good but is noisy. Under floor compartments and other features do not compensate for its short comings. Engine is weak on fuel economy getting only 17 mpg overall. Brakes wear quickly and vehicle is like a bus when driving. I am definately disappointed for the low quality of this vehicle."

My Dream Car!!!

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, stylish, and the best!!!!"

Cons: "None!!!"

"My dad bought this car for me for Christmas this year. I have always wanted a crossover but as my first car at 16, my dad bought me a Dodge Caliber to just test me out on driving. Now at 18, he bought me what I always wanted. I got this 2013 Journey on December 8, 2012, and so far it has been great. I have installed factory navigation since purchasing it, added chrome door handles, and a chrome roof rail. Even thought it may say SXT on the outside, inside it seems like a crew model. This Journey has more features than anything I could ever imagine. Being 18 and having a Journey is a luxury to me. It rides good, sits well, and looks good. I would recommend anybody that is looking for a mid size crossover to consider the Journey...you won't go wrong."

Another Dodge gem

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks sharp and plenty of room"

Cons: "Haven't found any yet"

"We've had this CUV since June and love it. Great power for a 6 cylinder and gets great MPGs. We went from a minivan to our 2011 Dodge Journey and couldn't be happier. With two growing boys we needed something with minivan room but without the minivan stigma. Easy entry and egress for the boys and baseball/football equipment. We love our Journey and will be looking at adding a new generation Durango in a year or two."

LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room and little luxerys!"

Cons: "Havent found one yet."

"This vehicle is perfect for me and my 5 kids!"

I like and hate this vehicle all at once!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"I loved this car until we started having problems with it this last summer! Between the tries needing replaced and having 19" wheels which are impossible to find, so we special order them from a dodge dealership which was not cheap!! Then the Breaks went out and we had to replace the whole break system! So besides the high up keep this vehicle has had, I do like it! It handles well in the snow and ice and gets ok gas mileage!"

Great Car at a nice price point

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "affordable, drives nice, stylish inside"

"We are very happy with the Journey, it has the 3rd row, which is small, but comes in handy, when you need. Wouldn't recommend using 3rd row as regular seating. Dash is nice, seats are comfortable, has basics you need except for cruise control . . . It drives nice, the only regret is not getting the bigger engine, we prefer a little more pep! As far as any negatives, the brakes rotars did not hold up for only having vehicle for 12 months."

Great SUV!

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

"I traded in a high-maintenance-cost BMW for the Journey. I love this SUV. We have a household of 6 so it fits everyone! Comfortable ride! Glad I bought it!"

Incredible family car, great value

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Best value by far in it's class. Beautiful, solid"

Cons: "none."

"This SUV has been dramatically improved in every way. It's roomy, very family friendly, and one of the only mid-sized SUVs with a usable third row seat. The seats can be arranged so all 7 of us have adequate leg space. Very quiet ride, solid feel, handles great, incredibly nice interior and electronic features. This is the best value in its class. Also a number one safety pick, so you will get a safety discount on your insurance while keeping your kids as safe as they can be."

Rides and handles nice. We have owned it from new.

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pros: "Great winter vehicle"

"We have been on two trips of over 1500 miles. This is an all wheel drive and is very reliable in the winter."

Bang for the buck

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"I got my SXT AWD in 2009 it has heated seats, remote start and is very roomy. Since we got this it is our go to car. We almost always take this out instead our other cars. The only down side is the mileage. Average is about 18mpg - could be a better but overall stil worth it."