2011 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 371 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

Great car for price

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Space and a people mover"

Cons: "A little underpowered"

"I own a base model with a 4 cylinder. Great Mileage Mixed driving highway rural and some city. Car still looks like new except for recall on breaks and key fob all I had to do is put a set of tires on this vehicle and a rock pierced the radiator. Just had a trans service done as recommened and the car runs like it did the first day. 3,000 mile oil changes and two gas treatments. This car has a lot of space and can handle 4 300 pund adults with ease. I do travel ball with my daughter, Ohio, Penn,Jersey, Kentucky- never missed a beat."

Not worth the cost!

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "Front seats are comfortable"

Cons: "Nonworking rear air"

"Bought the Journey Mainstreet in March of 2011. Felt it was not a bad car for the price at first. Did notice no inside release for the gas cap and once started driving others around realized the third seat is only good for little kids. There is no leg room and when the seats are up it is harder to see out of the rear mirror. The middle seats do not move correctly to allow for someone to get into the back so they must climb in. Right off started having problems with the rear air until it got to the point where it would not turn on at all. Dodge has supposedly fixed the problem but it keeps happening. It is hard to drive with the heat and no air getting to the kids in the back. The mpg is not close to what is stated for the V6. The car has lost so much value that I can not do anything with it."

Broke down in less than 6 months

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "Third row seating"

Cons: "Mechanical problems"

"We loved this car until it broke down just under 6 months of owning it. The starter burnt out and the oil pump went. The bottom half of the engine needs to be rebuilt because it was starved of oil. The dealership mechanic said it was a "freak accident." It has been in the repair shop for a week now. I will avoid the Dodge/Chrysler brand."

very reliable

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"the only downside for me is that its hard to see when backing up or changing lanes."

Not reliable

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, drives well, good in the snow"

Cons: "Poor reliability"

"My wife and I are cab drivers and we've put over 30K miles on in 8 months. Besides regular maintenance, which our cab company takes care of, it's been in the shop for repairs 6 times. It's been recalled twice, once for an airbag issue and once for the ignition switch. Each time we've had to wait months for Dodge to have the parts available to repair it. Our power door locks system went out after 3 months and it took a $1000 fix, NOT covered under warranty, to fix the main problem but now the drivers side door switch doesn't work. Worst thing about the lock issue is when the locks don't work you CANNOT open the rid hatch, period! Now it's in the shop again for the return rollers and tensioner on the surpentine belt. Our passengers like the car, and we like it, but we just can't trust it."

Not worth the trouble.

By on Saturday, April 23, 2011

"I currently own a 2009 Dodge Journey and I am so SORRY I eer purchased it. I have had more headaches than any new vehicle owner should have. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM OF ALL IS WITH THE BRAKES. I HAVE HAD THE BRAKES, PADS AND ROTORS, REPLACED 3 TIMES IN 11 MONTHS (MARCH 2010 TO FEB 2011). IT'S NOT MY DRIVING SKILLS,OR THE ROTORS AND PADS. I have been told it is caused by the wheels heating up and warping the Rotors. Every time the brakes start to go bad, it starts with the entire car vibrating while I'm driving down the Interstate; this increases when I try to hit the brakes. You can't imagine how horrible it feels to wonder if you will lose your life when you need to stop and your car won't respond. Oh, and.... The fact that the Dash melted in the sun should have been an indicator of things to come. I don't think the dealership telling me that the Hot FLORIDA SUN may be to blame. I should be able to live in "Tierra del Fuego" and not have that happen. The emergency peddle broke off within 6 months of ownership. The seats stain from anything falling on it; even water. They had to replace the entire seat because they could not get the stains out(I bought it with those stains, and the saleman promised they would clean it). Bottom line is that Dodge used poor material to manufacture this auto and now wants to sell it as the best thing since sliced bread. Not so much! I am not the only person having this problem. Check ALL the "Known Complaints for 2009 Dodge Journey" online, and you will see what I mean. Why won't Dodge do a RECALL? I am fling for The Lemon Law. My vehicle is not worth very much right now in your KBB. I Hate Dodge Journey!!!!!!!!!"

Terrible quality

By on Wednesday, October 06, 2010

"Brake pads wore out after 12000 miles, brakes squealed had to replace the front rotors local Dodge dealership handed me a paper from Dodge stating that the squealing was "normal vehicle noises" . Front end vibrates when braking at freeway speed. Sluggish motor for a 6 cylinder. Can't keep the front end aligned. Terrible leg room in back seats. Sorry I bought it. First Dodge I have owned at it will be the last one. Don't make my mistake...don't buy this car and be cautious buying a Dodge product"

I'm sorry I bought this car

By on Friday, July 17, 2009

"I purchased this car about less than 6 months ago. I have been in the shop with it 4 out of the 6 months that I have had this Journey. I am so disappointed with this car and I would never reccommend this vehicle to anyone."

not a good car for a Journey

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"I rent this SUV in California for a week and drove for about 2000 mls. For 3 passengers with 4 bags, the 4 cylinder engine is too weak. Acceleration is too slow. On a flat road 2000 RPM is ok, but in hills it was from 3500-4000 RPM with a roar almost all the time, on 8 degree climbing it was over 4000 RPM. That is too much for "Journey" SUV. Mirrored parts inside the cab (like chrome plated top of shift stick, frames on instrument panel and other) can blind a driver in sunny weather. Personally I do not like tire pressure warning light. When night-day temperature changing from 40 to 78 it appears and disappears several times a day. The good thing: large enough luggage compartment, lighter sockets for rear seats and in a luggage compartment. So, this is not "Journey SUV". Select 6 cylinders model. By the way, overall gas consumption was 21 mls per a gallon. Actually that is not good for 4-cyl."

Another Great Dodge Product

By on Monday, December 08, 2008

"We have enjoyed our Journey since our purchase in June. We had a small problem with the back up camera, but that seems to have been taken care of. This vehicle drives and rides great and the storage is in a class by itself. I would highly recomend this vehicle to anyone with 4 or more people in the family. It is great for family vacations and if you purchase a cargo carrier for the roof rack, you have even more room to pack stuff."