• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2011 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 347 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

Great road car with lots of room

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Was great with all grand kids"

Cons: "Too big for us now"

"Great Car with road and comforble to drive on trips and quiet"

Best value in 7 seater arena by far!

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Price, great highway mpg, 7 seats, cargo moving"

Cons: "Bad standard Kumho tires, mushy brakes, rear view"

"Great forward visibility, excellent power, great highway gas mileage, 17 in town as high as 32 on highway, Yes 32 MPG! Looks good, well constructed and safe. Got mine for $22,000 tax tag and title! With seats down massive cargo transport area. Kumho tires that came with it are already worn out, rear visibility is restricted. Could use a rear camera. Brakes are mushy at end of fast stops got to pump the brakes. 7 seats are amazing, kids love it, nothing even came close on price when we were shopping and sips gas on the interstates. Great car"

LOVE this Journey!

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "Handles great, very comfortable to drive and ride"

Cons: "one major blind spot at the drivers side mirror"

"This car rides and drives like a dream! I've had it just over a year and have not had a single issue with it."

Best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "great gas milage plenty of room quiet,smooth ride"

Cons: "wish mine had a compass"

"I love the handling and ride. It is so quiet you can hardly hear the other cars on the road. I get 32 mpg on the hiway and about 24 all around. I find it hard to believe the other reviews on poor milage. So far I would rate this the best vehicle I have owned plenty of room in second sest and ok in third. More room than most small suv's in first and second row. I highly recommend it. Drive it, you will like it."

Great fit inside for tall people

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "3yrs and it quit"

Cons: "inside comfortable"

"A three year old car and they can't fix it it won't start intermitently and they can' figure out why. All I am getting is excuses no answers. i will never recommend this to anyone"

2013 SXT

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "excellent acceleration/handling"

"Not familiar with car when I first saw it on lot. Researched it and test drove it and felt it was a good vehicle to consider. Bought SXT Model. Really happy with city/freeway combined fuel milage of about 24 being typical. Really nice acceleration and handling with smooth shifting. Nice backseat comfort for passengers and i like the drivers front seat room and comfort. Plenty of storage space in rear with third row seats being adequate for grandkid. Would never consider the 4 cyl. engine. Great on highway, plenty of acceleration and great handling. Sound system is great. Uconnect is really nice feature for hands free, works like a champ. Would consider this model again when buying a new car."

bad car to own

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "nothing good to say here"

Cons: "sucks gas can not fit 5 persons"

"was told by dealer it got 30mpgs it gets 12 in city and 17 hwy can not get 5 persons in it no leg room battery went bad and found out to change the battery you have to take off the drivers front tire to get to it what a pain will not buy another one and are tradeing it in"

worse car I ever owned

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

"not at all"

worst purchase of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "good on gas"

Cons: "horrible car"

"This car is the worst chrysler product i have ever purchased! Who ever thought to put a 4 speed with a 2.4 engine in this car was high or just stupid. Horrible acceleration, sounds like it is going to blow up on the x-press way. No wonder every one is buying foreign. cheap interior, controls hard to select.It could be a good vehicle if you keep it off the x-press way. Was told journey was good vehicle. Boy was they ever wrong. I also bought it new."

Disgusted

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, UConnect, interior design"

Cons: "Transmission, window going out"

"I have had more issues with this vehicle. If a tree fell on it and it was totaled out I would not be upset. The car shift very hard and jerks when going from reverse to drive. Doesn't seem to have much pickup."

2011 DODGE JOURNEY

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "reliability,mileage,ride and hauling"

Cons: "a little under-powered, but not a problem"

"Owned approx 3 years with 29,000 mile. only thing I've done are oil changes still original brakes. no problems I have 4cyl auto. all around mileage approx 20mpg Highway approx 27-28mpg. Been a very reliable SUV. rides great and can carry a ton of gear."

The gas Mileage rating is a joke

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "Space, reclining seats, easy to use"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I loved this car when I found it online and wlake don the lot, The reclining seats and floor coolers sold me. I thought this would be an amazing roadtrip car because I take alot of trips. Tho my family is small, I still wanted the space for friends so I upgraded form my 08 dodge caliber to this. So far the only things I am upset about is the gas mileage, it has only evenr gotten to about 20mpg, which is ridiculous considering the majority of my driving is highway and is suppose to get up to 26mpg. For comfort and a larger vehicle I would recommend this, but for gas mileage, def. look into something else if you can afford it, the price is what also sold me on this larger vehicle."

very nice vehicle inside and out

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "steering and pricey specialized tires!"

"Nice vehicle in and out. Love the hidden compartments. Pricey specialized 19.5 inch tires must be special ordered. Only complaint is that the vehicle steers like a tank and it floats going down the road. Got a lifetime front end alignment at Firestone and it didnt seem to help. Guess I will upgrade the shocks. Besides that, it is a nice vehicle!"

Owned 2010 4yrs next month, bought a new crew

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "7 passanger, 6 cyl. lots of toys to play with."

"Our 2010 SXT was excellent. 7 passanger, 6 cyl. ran great. put 45K miles on it and traded it yesterday for a new 2013 journey crew, fully loaded. Plenty of room to take the grand kids on vacation. Rides better than the 3 previous Cadillacs we've owned. Would reccomend this to anyone looking for a great comfortable suv. Always get the 6 cyl. lots of power to spare. Lots of toys on the new one to make traveling fun."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Price, Room, amenities, styling"

Cons: "Battery location, a few blind spots"

"Probably one of the best cross overs on the market right now. All the bugs from the older models have been ironed out with the 2013. Love the 8 inch uconnect screen and individual climate control, sat radio. Had the Leather Seating added at the dealer with no problems. Fit and finish are as good as any on the market right now. Rides stiffer than the Grand Cherokee it replaced but not a big complaint about that. Got the SXT with the 3rd row and have not had any issues with that. Loads of cargo room in the back, 4 power ports through out. We got the 2.4 straight 4 and although its not a deamon on the starts. it does get the job done and will easily cary a full load of passengers and stuff in the back. The only bad thing I have found so far it the location of the battery, which is buried deep in the left hand side of the engine bay. Will take some time to replace when that time comes. LED interior lighting is very nice and plentiful. Over all a good deal for what you get."

You get what you pay for!

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Has plenty of cup holders and rear air."

Cons: "Just doesn't feel like a safe vehicle."

"We are currently having issues with the cars transmission. Gas mileage is not great I get between 16-18 in town and 21-23 on highway. If it is windy you can hear everything from the outside and feel every brush of wind moving across the road. Does not have automatic headlights, a feature on my previous vehicle I miss, the headlights are also very dim the way they are positioned. The best feature of this car would be the button you can lock the car from the outside without the remote and the doors will open when you are close enough to the doors without the remote. Comes standard with push button start but does not come standard with satellite radio, but they do include a year free satellite service with your new car purchase, yippee. Maybe we would have been happier if we had gone with a higher model."

What a piece of junk.

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Reason: Hated the vehicle

Pros: "Great price for the money."

Cons: "Shoddy construction from stem to stern."

"Bought ths vehicle 4 years ago. At first I was impressed with all I got for the price! Navigation, custom wheels, third row seating, multi interior storage and front wheel drive. That soon wore off. At about 15000 miles not only did I need a transmission replaced the engine started making a sound like a lifter was loose. After several trips for service could never get resolved. After warranty expired it started to develop electrical problems. Every thing including the power windows would just die. Found this out in the middle of July with temperatures in the 90s. Winter time with four inches of snow on the ground it could not pull itself up a small hill. I had to backup and go around. This is with the large engine and traction control! When I found out that to put tires on this beast was going to cost upwards of $800 because the custome tires are a limited availability tire I finally said enough. Hello Honda CRV."

Love the car.

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

"First Dodge I've owned since 76' Aspen wagon bought new. Handles and rides better than Buick I traded in. Great response with V6, wouldn't recommend 4. Hwy. mileage 28 @ turnpike speeds, 22 in town. Adult leg room in back seat. Recommend the Crew."

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."

Great car for price

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Space and a people mover"

Cons: "A little underpowered"

"I own a base model with a 4 cylinder. Great Mileage Mixed driving highway rural and some city. Car still looks like new except for recall on breaks and key fob all I had to do is put a set of tires on this vehicle and a rock pierced the radiator. Just had a trans service done as recommened and the car runs like it did the first day. 3,000 mile oil changes and two gas treatments. This car has a lot of space and can handle 4 300 pund adults with ease. I do travel ball with my daughter, Ohio, Penn,Jersey, Kentucky- never missed a beat."

Too Many Service Calls

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Reason: lemon

Pros: "Very comfortable on long trip and good gas milage"

Cons: "brakes, engine, transmission not very good. Fit"

"With less than 20,500 miles this SUV had 4 major service calls. Engine V6 has issues, 2 cam shaft sensors replaced, brake rotors and pads went after 12,000, had to replace number 4 cylinder at 20,300. Would not recommend this vehicle for reliability reasons. Transmission didn't seemed to be in sync with engine and engine had a hesitation when pushing gas pedal. Fit of exterior panels not up to high standards."

Excelente vehiculo

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Comodidad, placer."

Cons: "Consumo"

"LO mejor que tuve hasta ahora. Muy bueno"

not the best but not the worst

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "great storage"

Cons: "choppy ride and noisy"

"car needed the front brakes, rotors and pads replaced at 15000 miles. Chrysler covered almost all the cost. This should not have been necessary. The car has choppy ride and is somewhat noisy. Gas mileage on the highway always averages 23.5 MPG. We have driven the car cross-country 3 times and find it to be adequate with lots of unique storage. We've only used the third row seat once, but like the extra storage space it provides. Our next car will probably be a minivan."