2011 Dodge Journey

6.8

Based on 370 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

Incredible family car, great value

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Best value by far in it's class. Beautiful, solid"

Cons: "none."

"This SUV has been dramatically improved in every way. It's roomy, very family friendly, and one of the only mid-sized SUVs with a usable third row seat. The seats can be arranged so all 7 of us have adequate leg space. Very quiet ride, solid feel, handles great, incredibly nice interior and electronic features. This is the best value in its class. Also a number one safety pick, so you will get a safety discount on your insurance while keeping your kids as safe as they can be."

Rides and handles nice. We have owned it from new.

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pros: "Great winter vehicle"

"We have been on two trips of over 1500 miles. This is an all wheel drive and is very reliable in the winter."

Bang for the buck

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"I got my SXT AWD in 2009 it has heated seats, remote start and is very roomy. Since we got this it is our go to car. We almost always take this out instead our other cars. The only down side is the mileage. Average is about 18mpg - could be a better but overall stil worth it."

Worst vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, February 17, 2011

"I bought this vehicle in March of 2009. Loved it at first and then the problems started. Had to have brake pads and rotors replaced at 27,000 miles. Then electrical problems began. Back up lights came on and wouldn't go off. When you accelerate, it kind of stalls out. Found out that the tires are an odd size and are very expensive to replace. I have owned several Dodge pickups in my lifetime, but this is the last Dodge I will ever purchase."

Never Again!

By on Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"I wish I would have never bought this vehicle. I have had nothing but problems with it. This is the first and last time I will own a Dodge!"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"We got our Dodge Journey at a great price and are paying it off quick because the wife wants another one with Navigation"

worst vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, June 08, 2010

"I have owned the car for one year and it has been in the shop once or twice a month since I have owned it. I have been in touch with the dealer and the maker of the vehicle and the dealer is the only one who is any help. I have had it in to get the front drivers side strut fixed and they hope that is the problem. They changed some parts and still are not sure what the noise is. I will be renting another vehicle to go on vacation on due to lack of trust of the journey. And the maker of the car is not standing behind their product. I will never own another dodge again."

Waste of Money

By on Friday, May 07, 2010

"I bought this car in August and at first I loved it. Around Christmas we began to hear a knocking noise in the engine and every since things have gone downhill. The car has been in the shop for over 30 days since January for multiple problems. A new engine was put into it at 7,500 miles, and the new engine has been torn apart several times. It has been in the shop for transmission problems, various leaks and the computer and so forth. The car is being classified as a lemon and soon it won't be my headache anymore. I only wish that I knew then what I know now. A real waste of money! Dodge products are being made very poorly."

Most favorite Car out of all I've owned!

By on Wednesday, October 07, 2009

"This car is the best! 7 passenger seating, V6 engine, AWD. I do love all the storage compartments, very comfortable, good on gas. I've taken it to Virginia and back, and it's just wonderful. We both love the way it handles! I've never had a car so good at turning corners! The cooler in the dash is neat but really doesn't keep things real cool - but better than a hot car! My one complaint - I don't like the way the clock is positioned - wish it was up higher and not on the radio - too small and hard to see while driving. Otherwise, I have absolutely no complaints about my car - we both agree that we made a great choice when buying it!"

Best Vehicle I ever had

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

"I have the Journey R/T fully loaded with the VES and rear view camera. (It also comes with a remote start on the RKE) I did 2 round trips from San Francisco CA to San Antonio TX my last trip was a single way from SF to SA towing a U-Haul trailer. It did very well over the mountains. I got upwards to 26 mps without trailer on highways and 21 with trailer. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone."

good deal

By on Thursday, August 06, 2009

"is the best car RT"

Great SUV

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"I have had the SXT FWD since August 2008. I absolutely love it. It rides and handles extremely smooth. The engine is so quiet that you don't even know the car is turned on. It is so roomy and spacious that it is great for my growing adolescent kids and all their "stuff". The size of the trunk is great (we do not have the 3rd row seating). I was able to fit my 6.5 foot Christmas tree in the back with only one seat folded down and still had room for my 2 kids to sit. I had a GMC Envoy a fews ago and I have to say that I love the Journey better. The only gripe I have is that it suffers from horrible wind noise. I was very disappointed at how loud the wind howls inside. However it is not constant and not so much that the radio can't drown out."

lemon

By on Monday, December 29, 2008

"we bought our journey on may 12 its been in the shop for a total of 52 days the first time was the airbag sensor(it went in twice for that)the other major prblem was a lifter tick from the day we bought it they had to totaly overhaul the heads with new rockershaft and roller assemblies. the car has been back for things not being fixed right . would not ever buy another or recomend to anyone"

Smooth & Quiet

By on Friday, August 01, 2008

"I have just purchased the Journey RT / I can't say enough about the navigation system and radio - An excellent vehicle for the money & all the extras is well worth getting. Only downside to the vehicle is that it doesn't have great pickup but overall NICE!"

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"Lots of storage! Very comfortable ride and plenty of room. Gas mileage could be better and for me, it's just what I needed."

Engine and Transmission

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, storage space, comfort"

Cons: "Transmission, shifting"

"I have the SXT model with the 3.6L V6. Generally, I like the car with the roominess, flexibility, comfort of the ride and ability to get in and out of tight spaces. While the engine has significant power, it also has significant torque steering when you get on the gas. As long as you know it's coming, you'll be OK. My complaint is about the transmission. It's the 6 speed and it is crazy, all over the place as to what gear you're in. You will be doing 30 mph and you're in 6th gear. It shifts rough, it shifts oddly and this is after having it into the dealer for computer updates and new software downloads. There is nothing smooth about the transmission of this car. Which leads me to worry about the long term reliability as my mileage increases."

Great Vehicle with plenty of room

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "great options for safety and convenience."

Cons: "The headlights dont turn on automatic."

"I love this car because of the push button start. Not having to dig for keys, it locks and unlocks with the push of a button on the door handle, as long as the key is in your possession,ie in pocket or purse. Door will not lock if key is inside car. 2 wonderful safety issues. Air conditioning is per person, meaning, everyone can adjust to their needs. Room to store luggage or pull up the 3rd row seat for extra passengers. 2nd row seat floor boards have storage for snacks or keeping beverages cool. Great gas mileage too. Side windows have added tinting. It has hands free uconnect for talking while driving. Bluetooth connection for Ipods etc.."

Very Good crossover SUV

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "keyless entry; backup camera; large video display;"

Cons: "not too many so far!"

"owned for about 16 months on lease; will keep for 3 years; at lease expiration likely will get a fresh Dodge Journey. I like keyless entry; backup camera; large video display; drives well; peppy engine and smooth transmission"

I love my Journey!

By on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power, AWD is excellent"

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."

I love my Journey!

By on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power, AWD is excellent"

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

Too Many Service Calls

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Reason: lemon

Pros: "Very comfortable on long trip and good gas milage"

Cons: "brakes, engine, transmission not very good. Fit"

"With less than 20,500 miles this SUV had 4 major service calls. Engine V6 has issues, 2 cam shaft sensors replaced, brake rotors and pads went after 12,000, had to replace number 4 cylinder at 20,300. Would not recommend this vehicle for reliability reasons. Transmission didn't seemed to be in sync with engine and engine had a hesitation when pushing gas pedal. Fit of exterior panels not up to high standards."

Love this car!

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "Great options/features, great ride, fun to drive"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"We purchased our 2012 Journey SXT at the end of May after researching crossover/SUVs for a month. We decided to go with the Journey because we could get so many features we wanted at a price we could afford. So far things have been GREAT. I had even prepared myself for terrible gas mileage, but even that has been better than I thought. So far we have no complaints."

great little car!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "nice ride"

Cons: "cup holders alittle low"

"I take this car to alot of football games and love the room with back seat down. Got the car loaded and I don't have the highway noise!"

Unreliable

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Great Space, Comfortable, alright on gas"

Cons: "Revs high before shifts, not reliable"

"We had nothing but problems from the first week we owned this vehicle. We got this as a reliable vehicle brand new and I was 7 months pregnant with our second child and the vehicles electronics kept shutting down. It was the middle of summer and when this happens your heat comes on and will not shut off becaus it is a feature so if its winter you are able to stay warm, but this doesn't help you in the summer time. We had it in the shop 3 times and had the problem 5 times within a 4 month period."

Excellent for long trips

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

"Best car I have bought and I have been through 10 cars in the last 3 years."