2011 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 360 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10
Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 | Next

By on Thursday, July 09, 2009

"I just purchased this vehicle and so far, I love it! I bought the SE version and yes, it could use some more power. I'm sure the V-6 would provide that. However, for the price, comfortability and smooth driving this is definitely worth the money I spent. The seats are very comfortable and the front passenger seat reclines completely offering optimum comfort during road trips. Cargo space is also a plus as well as the numerous compartments for storage. This car is a great compromise when considering a crossover vehicle. It's lower to the ground so you don't have the concern of rollover that you do with other SUVs. My recommendation is to buy everything installed from the factory. It appears that when you add after-market add ons there is always a concern with quality comtrol. I have not added anything to my vehicle and everything works great!"

its still not a Jeep

By on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"I reviewed this vehicle after 6 months and now that its been over a year I can say that I was Very Impressed at the AWD in snow. Last winter driving on roads that werent even plowed yet it drove right along like the pavement were bare, which is a good thing when the snow is coming up over the hood! Every time I read a review about other owners having All their problems I guess I got the only one they made that doesnt have all these problems. There are still things they could have designed better but hey, first year model what can U expect? Goes to show ya that buying a new vehicle the first model year is a gamble. Looks sharp from a distance and eSpecially in the rain. Gets Super gas mileage and I do a lot of driving (over 500 miles a week!)"

By on Thursday, June 25, 2009

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"i have owned this car since may of 2008, well i bought the car in may of 2008, the vehicle had to go in the day after we bought it for the dvd system to put in...which no one knew how to install at the dealership...needless to say it took 2 wks for it to get out for that..we had it back for 3 days, then the airbag light came on...back to the shop we go..we didnt get this car back until after july 4th 2008. The dealership we bought it at was and still is horrible. the car when you make a turn makes this horrible sound, which we were told was normal...after you are driving it for a while it smokes (the dealership says this is break dust...doubtful) when you turn the windshield wipers off the light dim (dealership told me this isnt happening...um hello..i am driving the vehicle...after you shut off the wipers the interior lights go off then back on) the whol electrical system is shot...the MY GIG is a joke...half of the things dont work and we have had 4 different radios installed..would never recommend this car to an enemy..tried to put in a lemon law...doesnt qualify...YET..well the seats are comfortable though..hopefully i wont loose too much on a trade in.."

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"I was reading a review from someone else that owns this car and I have to say I feel like we have the same car, I have had my car for 10 months and have had the same problems as him...."My 09 Journey STX is 10 months on the road has 29000 miles and has been in the shop 6 times so far. The vehicle has never broken down on me but there has been many issues that are annoying and are not acceptable. Most recent was that with in 25K miles the brake pads have worn down and the pads worn uneven and even had scorn the rotter from what the service manager told me "Too Much Metal in the pads." and of course they didn't warrant it because it was a wear item. Pads never made it to the indicators but damaged rotter so expensive fix at my cost. Yea thats High Quality Mopar Parts. The AC makes a loud rattle that has yet to be fixed, there was a grinding noise from the steering and was found that the reservoir was too small after several trips in, There was a creek in the pillar passenger side that took 2 service shop attempts and one full day the body shop to locate the fix. In the process they damaged the headliner and scratched up several places on door panels and other plastics. So back to the shop for a new headliner when delivered. Door hinges tend to start to make a spring sprung sound they fix with loading up on grease." I think about trading it in for something else but I am scared to see what the trade in value is now :("

2009 R/T Loaded

By on Monday, June 08, 2009

"Have had my completely loaded R/T for one year on the 9th - and I love it as much now as I did when I bought it. Traded in a BMW X5 on it - the BMW had more squeaks and rattles that the dealer could never "duplicate" than the Journey. Don't listen to the negatives, folks - this is a WONDERFUL car. Yeah - it has its mostly minor problems - but show me a maker that doesn't? This vehicle is stupendous! Roomy, peppy, interior and exterior...I get compliments ALL OF THE TIME on mine! Let's support America!"

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Ours is the R/T model with most options. The ride is great. I can drive it for hours & not get sleepy as with all other vechicles I've owned. I attribute that to the seat design. This baby is all wheel drive and it gets 24 to 26 MPG on the highway. Yes a lot of the interior trim is plastic but so is most other brands. We have the leather seats. Don't get the 3rd row seat model unless you have small children. It is a small seating area."

Get the bugs out.

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"My 09 Journey STX is 10 months on the road has 29000 miles and has been in the shop 6 times so far. The vehicle has never broken down on me but there has been many issues that are annoying and are not acceptable. Most recent was that with in 25K miles the brake pads have worn down and the pads worn uneven and even had scorn the rotter from what the service manager told me "Too Much Metal in the pads." and of course they didn't warrant it because it was a wear item. Pads never made it to the indicators but damaged rotter so expensive fix at my cost. Yea thats High Quality Mopar Parts. The AC makes a loud rattle that has yet to be fixed, there was a grinding noise from the steering and was found that the reservoir was too small after several trips in, There was a creek in the pillar passenger side that took 2 service shop attempts and one full day the body shop to locate the fix. In the process they damaged the headliner and scratched up several places on door panels and other plastics. So back to the shop for a new headliner when delivered. Door hinges tend to start to make a spring sprung sound they fix with loading up on grease. Sunroof makes loud rub noise when opening in vent position. Last thing I can think of is that the alarm has gone off 2 times and the only way to turn if off is use the pull out key to unlock the door because the fob won't respond. The dealer hasn't been able to duplicate so guess I will have to live with this. Okay so the good about the vehicle is that it does have a good amount of power with the V6 but it averages around 18 to 21 mpg on a regular basis. One of the main features and reasons for the purchase was the towing. The 3500 lbs tow is a bit much for the car on speeds of 45 mph or more but around town it does okay. The gearing for 1st 2nd and 3rd are way too close together so shifting with manual mode you just bump through all three gears within 20 mph. It is a fairly comfortable ride and roomy car. The AC works very well and with the rear ac option the car cools down fairly quick. Don't count on the dash drink holder to cool your drinks as it heats up when car is off and runs off the ac so you get a slightly cooler than room temp drink. The under floor mats drink holders don't have drain holes so you have to be careful not to get carpet wet when emptying. Good amount of storage room through out. The interior lighting is fair and attractive. Traction is good and the car stops fast and hard when needed. This was very impressive to me when I had to nail them once because a kid road his bike right out in front of me. The third row seating is cramped and when you sit the seat up there isn't but 12 inches of cargo room which won't even hold most coolers or items for the trip. Overall, the vehicle has many good options and has been reliable to get from point A to B but I have found that the quality isn't what I expected or as good as the Nissans I always had in the past. Also one MAIN POINT to get across is, within 6 months and 18K miles I went to trade due to the unsatisfied towing I needed and found that I had already lost 11K in depreciation. Now in less than a year that has increased to about 15K..... That's a 65% loss in less than 10 months. I hope this helped in your decision. It would have if I had know before I bought."

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2009

better than minivan

By on Friday, March 27, 2009

"i bought this car for my wife, and she loves it more with every passing day. its acceleration is fenaminal and it has a much better ride than our 2007 grand caravan. the only complaint i have is the center counsil where the raidio is, i'm 6'5" and my knee sterts to hurt after a long drive. other than that it is the best value for a cross over type car. we bought it for ten thousand less than the ford or g.m."

not a good car for a Journey

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"I rent this SUV in California for a week and drove for about 2000 mls. For 3 passengers with 4 bags, the 4 cylinder engine is too weak. Acceleration is too slow. On a flat road 2000 RPM is ok, but in hills it was from 3500-4000 RPM with a roar almost all the time, on 8 degree climbing it was over 4000 RPM. That is too much for "Journey" SUV. Mirrored parts inside the cab (like chrome plated top of shift stick, frames on instrument panel and other) can blind a driver in sunny weather. Personally I do not like tire pressure warning light. When night-day temperature changing from 40 to 78 it appears and disappears several times a day. The good thing: large enough luggage compartment, lighter sockets for rear seats and in a luggage compartment. So, this is not "Journey SUV". Select 6 cylinders model. By the way, overall gas consumption was 21 mls per a gallon. Actually that is not good for 4-cyl."

By on Sunday, March 15, 2009

By on Monday, February 09, 2009

Not happy

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The most troublesome factor is the upholstery fabric, have already had front and back replaced. Even water leaves stains even after Scotchgard. Labeling over key slot is coming off. The soda can cooler is a joke, I had 2 cans of pop explode in there. I miss a digital compass and keyless entry remote. We have had lots of Dodges, but I will not purchase a Journey again."

Worst Vehicle I Have Owned

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"I bought my Journey in May 2008 and have had it in the shop several times since then. I had a horrible groaning noise when I turned the wheel in which the service man told me that, that is normal with new vehicles, WHAT!!! Then 5 months later I get a call that there has been a recall for something to do with the power steering. I have already had to have my brakes done and got another excuse and now I have to take it in for a recall involving the braking system, HMMM!! Now I am having other issues also and my vehicle is only 6 months old."

Great SUV

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"I have had the SXT FWD since August 2008. I absolutely love it. It rides and handles extremely smooth. The engine is so quiet that you don't even know the car is turned on. It is so roomy and spacious that it is great for my growing adolescent kids and all their "stuff". The size of the trunk is great (we do not have the 3rd row seating). I was able to fit my 6.5 foot Christmas tree in the back with only one seat folded down and still had room for my 2 kids to sit. I had a GMC Envoy a fews ago and I have to say that I love the Journey better. The only gripe I have is that it suffers from horrible wind noise. I was very disappointed at how loud the wind howls inside. However it is not constant and not so much that the radio can't drown out."

lemon

By on Monday, December 29, 2008

"we bought our journey on may 12 its been in the shop for a total of 52 days the first time was the airbag sensor(it went in twice for that)the other major prblem was a lifter tick from the day we bought it they had to totaly overhaul the heads with new rockershaft and roller assemblies. the car has been back for things not being fixed right . would not ever buy another or recomend to anyone"

Another Great Dodge Product

By on Monday, December 08, 2008

"We have enjoyed our Journey since our purchase in June. We had a small problem with the back up camera, but that seems to have been taken care of. This vehicle drives and rides great and the storage is in a class by itself. I would highly recomend this vehicle to anyone with 4 or more people in the family. It is great for family vacations and if you purchase a cargo carrier for the roof rack, you have even more room to pack stuff."

good but had to go

By on Monday, November 17, 2008

"did not have many problems with the car , it went in the dealer for computer glitch got fixed worked better, everything was fine with the the car but it had to go resale value is not good at all paid 21,000 for sxt they only wanted to give 14,500 after only 8 months would recommend too. all and all really decent but make sure ur gonna keep it for at least 3 yrs . go for Sxt same as RT but cheaper and little less crome"

Worst buy ever!

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Have had more things go wrong with this car than a used car! Clock does not keep accurate time, cruise control has a mind of its own. Transmission is weak, and already have had to have mine fixed with only 14,000 miles on it. Had it since March, and overally very unimpressed, have had nothing but issues with this car. The seats are the worst material! Water will stain them, and the only way to fix that is by having it professional detailed at 100 bucks. Not a vechile for people who do more than drive to a desk job and the store. Would not buy this car again, should've gone with another car."

Love Our Journey SXT

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"We bought this in April to replace a Lemon 99 Taurus. And we just love every thing about it. Except my wife isn't 100% happy about the seats, she thinks they are a little to stiff. We took it on a trip to Florida from Ohio and it performed just fine for having 4 adults and 1 child plus a ton of luggage and a roof top carrier. The rear DVD came in very handy to make the back seat riders happy and the driver(me) very happy. And the back-up camera is also a very wonderful thing also. I would recommend this to everyone. The Dealership was also Great."

Journey is a good buy!

By on Saturday, August 02, 2008

"I have had my Journey for 6 months now, with no problems. I have put almost 8,000 miles on it and have only had it in for oil changes. I love the look of it. Plenty of room on the inside, like a mini-van, without the depressing look of driving around in a van! I have the SXT model. Lots of features. The manual shift option is nice, but with the 6 speed transmission it gets hung up a little in the lower gears. Plus, the reaction time when trying to accelerate in the lower gears is a little too slow for me. But, overall, I'm happy with it! After all, it is a crossover, not a sports car!"

Smooth & Quiet

By on Friday, August 01, 2008

"I have just purchased the Journey RT / I can't say enough about the navigation system and radio - An excellent vehicle for the money & all the extras is well worth getting. Only downside to the vehicle is that it doesn't have great pickup but overall NICE!"

Nothing but Problems

By on Saturday, July 26, 2008

"I have had this vehicle since April and it has been in the shop 8 times for a total of 20 days and they still cannot fix the issue. I have the RT with the touchscreen MyGig system and the radio has been an issue since the day after I bought the vehicle. They have replaced five parts in my vehicle and still do not know where the issue is. I also have a rattling in my dashboard and my air-conditioning makes funny noises. The gas milage on the journey is really bad as well, I only get about 16 miles to the gallon."

Awesome vehicle!!!

By on Friday, July 18, 2008

"I have owned a Honda CR-V, Dodge Intrepid, and a Jeep Grand Cherokee in the past 10 years. This time I bought a Journey and have not regretted it! It rides smooth, has lots of features (I have a SXT)! The 3rd row doesn't have lots of legroom, but it is sufficient for a child (my 12 year old rides there okay). I LOVE all the "cubby holes" throughout the vehicle! We just came back from a trip in the mountains, and I ranged in MPG from 18 to 27. I have 3 kids and they love it, too!!! And there's the YES fabric stain-resistant seats...and I could go on and on! Even my hard-to-please husband loves it!"

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 | Next