2010 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 397 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Not happy

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The most troublesome factor is the upholstery fabric, have already had front and back replaced. Even water leaves stains even after Scotchgard. Labeling over key slot is coming off. The soda can cooler is a joke, I had 2 cans of pop explode in there. I miss a digital compass and keyless entry remote. We have had lots of Dodges, but I will not purchase a Journey again."

good but had to go

By on Monday, November 17, 2008

"did not have many problems with the car , it went in the dealer for computer glitch got fixed worked better, everything was fine with the the car but it had to go resale value is not good at all paid 21,000 for sxt they only wanted to give 14,500 after only 8 months would recommend too. all and all really decent but make sure ur gonna keep it for at least 3 yrs . go for Sxt same as RT but cheaper and little less crome"

Love Our Journey SXT

By on Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"We bought this in April to replace a Lemon 99 Taurus. And we just love every thing about it. Except my wife isn't 100% happy about the seats, she thinks they are a little to stiff. We took it on a trip to Florida from Ohio and it performed just fine for having 4 adults and 1 child plus a ton of luggage and a roof top carrier. The rear DVD came in very handy to make the back seat riders happy and the driver(me) very happy. And the back-up camera is also a very wonderful thing also. I would recommend this to everyone. The Dealership was also Great."

Very Stylish with out the mini van look

By on Sunday, July 6, 2008

"Me and my wife just got our journey and we LOVE it. It is a great car looks very sharp andhas plenty of room for our 2 kids. GREAT car.."

Best crossover ever

By on Monday, December 7, 2009

"This is the best crossover I've ever driven. We use to have a Caliber and loved it as well, but as our family grew we needed something larger and the Dodge Journey is perfect. Great handling (specially in the snowy hills of Eastern Iowa). Good gas mileage (averaged 26 mpg on two separate 2000+ mile trips). Would recommend the SXT or R/T over the SE as the larger engine comes in handy in hilly conditions."

better than minivan

By on Friday, March 27, 2009

"i bought this car for my wife, and she loves it more with every passing day. its acceleration is fenaminal and it has a much better ride than our 2007 grand caravan. the only complaint i have is the center counsil where the raidio is, i'm 6'5" and my knee sterts to hurt after a long drive. other than that it is the best value for a cross over type car. we bought it for ten thousand less than the ford or g.m."

Love it!

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Lots of car for the money, very comfortable seats!"

Cons: "Some of the plastic in the interior feels cheap."

"I love everything about this vehicle, it's so much car for the money! I most enjoy the way it drives, very smooth gear shifting, you don't even feel it. For such a large vehicle i'm pleased with the gas mileage, we get about 19mpg around town with all the stop and go. Also the seats are extremely comfortable, great for long trips! We are truly loving this vehicle and plan to keep it for a very long time!"

Don't Buy Dodge Journey

By on Saturday, February 12, 2011

"I'll start with the positives because there are a few, but not enough to warrant a recommendation to buy. It drives nicely, it has a cool entertainment system. It's cute and has lots of fun features. It is quiet and has get up and go. Roomy, however, 7 people do not fit comfortably despite seating for 7. Now for the bad news. The gas mileage blows and is no where near what is stated. I average 12-13 city. My sister's Tahoe gets better gas mileage. Brakes - there is a serious issue with the brakes on this vehicle. You can google it and find countless stories. I had to replace my pads and rotors at 9900 miles - yes, you read that right, less than 10k miles. Engine - I had to have the rocker assemblies replaced because they were worn. This was also done at 9900 miles. Seems a little early in the game for that kind of wear. I too hear the werid grinding noise when turning left, not sure what it is. Electrical - the power window on the passenger side never functioned properly. It stops mid-way when rolling up and you have to let go of the window controler and press it over and over to get the window full rolled up. The dash board lights turn off and back on when turning off the wiper blades. Normal according to my dealership. Interior - I have lovely piece of trim that keeps falling off. The dealership has ordered a new one. This is my first non GM vehicle and definitely my last. Very sad I bought it and very scared what repairs await me in the future. DON'T BUY!"

Very Nice Value

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Price, features, build quality, 3rd row"

Cons: "exterior look - more Caravan than Durango"

"The Dodge Journey is the best value in it's category. I shopped around, and the amount of features for the $$ was unbeatable with the Journey. The V6 is a phenomenal engine with great power coupled with a smooth 6 speed trans. We don't use the 3rd row often, but it is a fantastic option to have available. I was never a Dodge fan, but I have been impressed with the quality and feel of the Journey. This may seem insignificant, but I like it when i close my car door and the vehicle feels solid. We have had no reliability issues just at 1 year of owennership! I have recommended this vehicle to my friends and family and look forward to purchasing a Durango in the near future."

I love my Journey!

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power, AWD is excellent"

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."