2010 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 399 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.2/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Cheapest 7 seater SUV with a lot of cargo space

By on Thursday, June 2, 2016

Reason: Upgrade to Journey Crossroad PLUS

Pros: "Great price. Fun to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I love my 2013 Dodge Journey SE 2.4L engine with 3rd row seat + bluetooth option. Original MSRP was 25k+. But dealer discounts and rebates brought the price down to $18k. This was the only 7seater SUV that was under $20k at that time. AS my annual driving distance was 6500miles, the poor gas mileage was not a huge problem for me. When I was in the Hwy, average mpg was 29-30. When I drove in the city, average mpg was very poor (16-19). However, the ride was very smooth and I love the huge cargo space. Whenever I need to buy stuff from IKEA or HOMEDEPOT, I didn't rent big trucks. For Journey SE model, LCD screen was 4.3inch. It didn't have navigation or backup camera. Recently, I thought of upgrading the screen to 8.4inch to include navigation. That upgrade would cost $2k+. So I went to the same dealer to look for a Dodge Journey with a navigation and back up camera. At that time, I traded in 2013 Journey SE for $12.5k. So for three years my basic cost for 2013 Journey SE was $5.5k($18k-$12.5k) + sales tax. It is better than leasing. This time, I purchased 2016 Dodge Journey CROSSROAD PLUS. It came with 3.6 VVT engine and 8.4 screen with navigation, backup camera and backup sensors. In addition, it has leather heated seats, heated steering wheel, 5year subscription to SIRIUS and hands free phone option. The MRSP of the vehicle was $33k. After dealer discount and manufacturer rebates, I paid $23k+sales tax (May 2016). As this model has a 3.6VVT engine, I feel the difference. I wish I had purchased SE or SXT with 3.6 engine before. Anyways, I didn't see a significant mpg drop for this big engine. In my 200mile long trip I got 29mpg in Hwy and 16-18mpg in city roads. If your annual driving distance is less than $10000 miles, buy a Dodge Journey and save money."

By on Thursday, March 4, 2010

"This car is an absolute joy to drive. The power of the 3.5L engine is wonderful! The car is comfy to sit in. Better interior would be appreciated, but looking at all the competitors everyone uses too much hard plastic. Great ground clearance. Only went to a dealer to have the oil changed, everything else is solid and well built."

Excellant vehicle ever

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Good on gas mileage drives nice. my husband and i were looking around last year (2008) for a new vehicle test drove Chevy Equinox and the Buick Enclave cept on coming back to the Dodge Journey. We bought the R/T with evertyihng in it my husband and I love it."

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Ours is the R/T model with most options. The ride is great. I can drive it for hours & not get sleepy as with all other vechicles I've owned. I attribute that to the seat design. This baby is all wheel drive and it gets 24 to 26 MPG on the highway. Yes a lot of the interior trim is plastic but so is most other brands. We have the leather seats. Don't get the 3rd row seat model unless you have small children. It is a small seating area."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Great Value"

"This car is great for a family and driving kids around. With the third row seat it is very versatile. Good power and decent gas mileage."