• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Dodge Journey

6.8

Based on 335 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.8/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

very nice vehicle inside and out

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "steering and pricey specialized tires!"

"Nice vehicle in and out. Love the hidden compartments. Pricey specialized 19.5 inch tires must be special ordered. Only complaint is that the vehicle steers like a tank and it floats going down the road. Got a lifetime front end alignment at Firestone and it didnt seem to help. Guess I will upgrade the shocks. Besides that, it is a nice vehicle!"

Owned 2010 4yrs next month, bought a new crew

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "7 passanger, 6 cyl. lots of toys to play with."

"Our 2010 SXT was excellent. 7 passanger, 6 cyl. ran great. put 45K miles on it and traded it yesterday for a new 2013 journey crew, fully loaded. Plenty of room to take the grand kids on vacation. Rides better than the 3 previous Cadillacs we've owned. Would reccomend this to anyone looking for a great comfortable suv. Always get the 6 cyl. lots of power to spare. Lots of toys on the new one to make traveling fun."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Price, Room, amenities, styling"

Cons: "Battery location, a few blind spots"

"Probably one of the best cross overs on the market right now. All the bugs from the older models have been ironed out with the 2013. Love the 8 inch uconnect screen and individual climate control, sat radio. Had the Leather Seating added at the dealer with no problems. Fit and finish are as good as any on the market right now. Rides stiffer than the Grand Cherokee it replaced but not a big complaint about that. Got the SXT with the 3rd row and have not had any issues with that. Loads of cargo room in the back, 4 power ports through out. We got the 2.4 straight 4 and although its not a deamon on the starts. it does get the job done and will easily cary a full load of passengers and stuff in the back. The only bad thing I have found so far it the location of the battery, which is buried deep in the left hand side of the engine bay. Will take some time to replace when that time comes. LED interior lighting is very nice and plentiful. Over all a good deal for what you get."

You get what you pay for!

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Has plenty of cup holders and rear air."

Cons: "Just doesn't feel like a safe vehicle."

"We are currently having issues with the cars transmission. Gas mileage is not great I get between 16-18 in town and 21-23 on highway. If it is windy you can hear everything from the outside and feel every brush of wind moving across the road. Does not have automatic headlights, a feature on my previous vehicle I miss, the headlights are also very dim the way they are positioned. The best feature of this car would be the button you can lock the car from the outside without the remote and the doors will open when you are close enough to the doors without the remote. Comes standard with push button start but does not come standard with satellite radio, but they do include a year free satellite service with your new car purchase, yippee. Maybe we would have been happier if we had gone with a higher model."

What a piece of junk.

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Reason: Hated the vehicle

Pros: "Great price for the money."

Cons: "Shoddy construction from stem to stern."

"Bought ths vehicle 4 years ago. At first I was impressed with all I got for the price! Navigation, custom wheels, third row seating, multi interior storage and front wheel drive. That soon wore off. At about 15000 miles not only did I need a transmission replaced the engine started making a sound like a lifter was loose. After several trips for service could never get resolved. After warranty expired it started to develop electrical problems. Every thing including the power windows would just die. Found this out in the middle of July with temperatures in the 90s. Winter time with four inches of snow on the ground it could not pull itself up a small hill. I had to backup and go around. This is with the large engine and traction control! When I found out that to put tires on this beast was going to cost upwards of $800 because the custome tires are a limited availability tire I finally said enough. Hello Honda CRV."

Love the car.

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

"First Dodge I've owned since 76' Aspen wagon bought new. Handles and rides better than Buick I traded in. Great response with V6, wouldn't recommend 4. Hwy. mileage 28 @ turnpike speeds, 22 in town. Adult leg room in back seat. Recommend the Crew."

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."

Great car for price

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Space and a people mover"

Cons: "A little underpowered"

"I own a base model with a 4 cylinder. Great Mileage Mixed driving highway rural and some city. Car still looks like new except for recall on breaks and key fob all I had to do is put a set of tires on this vehicle and a rock pierced the radiator. Just had a trans service done as recommened and the car runs like it did the first day. 3,000 mile oil changes and two gas treatments. This car has a lot of space and can handle 4 300 pund adults with ease. I do travel ball with my daughter, Ohio, Penn,Jersey, Kentucky- never missed a beat."

Too Many Service Calls

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Reason: lemon

Pros: "Very comfortable on long trip and good gas milage"

Cons: "brakes, engine, transmission not very good. Fit"

"With less than 20,500 miles this SUV had 4 major service calls. Engine V6 has issues, 2 cam shaft sensors replaced, brake rotors and pads went after 12,000, had to replace number 4 cylinder at 20,300. Would not recommend this vehicle for reliability reasons. Transmission didn't seemed to be in sync with engine and engine had a hesitation when pushing gas pedal. Fit of exterior panels not up to high standards."

Excelente vehiculo

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Comodidad, placer."

Cons: "Consumo"

"LO mejor que tuve hasta ahora. Muy bueno"

not the best but not the worst

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "great storage"

Cons: "choppy ride and noisy"

"car needed the front brakes, rotors and pads replaced at 15000 miles. Chrysler covered almost all the cost. This should not have been necessary. The car has choppy ride and is somewhat noisy. Gas mileage on the highway always averages 23.5 MPG. We have driven the car cross-country 3 times and find it to be adequate with lots of unique storage. We've only used the third row seat once, but like the extra storage space it provides. Our next car will probably be a minivan."

Too many trips to the service department

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "seats 5 adults 2 kids, lots of storage bins"

Cons: "Too many problems to list in 50 characters"

"I bought this vehicle new at the end of 2008, traded my 4X4 Ford Explorer for more seating and better gas mileage. Purchased a special "bumper to bumper as long as you own the car" maintenance plan. In 2009 windshield washer hosing had to be replaced (warranty covered it), also changed all four break pads and front rotors and all four 19" (only one manufacture sells this type at $1,100 a set)tires. In 2010 engine bolts broke, not covered by "bumper to bumper" plan; also replaced on set of tires and front break pads. In 2011, passenger side heat stopped working, not covered by plan, was reimbursed by dodge for one early break replacement after providing copies of receipts and filling out paperwork. In 2012, needed another set of 19" expensive tires, so instead used taxes and bought four 18" rims and tires for $1,100. This year, ERG sensor out (something to do with exhaust system) not covered by plan. I spend approximately 50% of my driving time on the highway for about 6 - 12 miles a day, and the rest is in and around town, I live about a mile down a well maintained dirt road. I don't drive it in the snow, because it has absolutely no traction, tires will spin at an intersection after it rains. What I might have saved in fuel costs, I have doubled in maintenance that dodge said was not covered. I get routine oil changes and lubes. I have had enough of dodge."

2012 dodge journey 3.6L 6 spd auto

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

"bought in november 2012 and love the overall performance and reliability. beat all other competitors in price and standard features. looked at mazda,toyota,ford and honda and they all came up short in amenities and priced way too high to justify wasting money on their over hyped ' value'. averaging 21.5 mpg after 3000 miles and it continues to improve. 8.4 sat radio/climate screen, LED exterior/interior lighting, 3rd row seating and ease of operation makes this vehicle a competent SUV."

Good family CUV more room than you think

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "Spacious interior, power, versitle, great ride"

Cons: "rough downshifting, cornering, 3rd row flr height"

"Here are the improvement that need made: First up is the powertrain. My particular CUV was one of the first shipped to the dealer for the model year, but the alignment was off when first purchased and the torque steer you can definitely feel on acceleration. The transmission downshift harder than normal. This is really noticed in the summer when the A/C is running and you are slowing coming to a stop. It also downshifts when trying to coast even going slightly downhill. Handling is ok. Definite body roll and a ton of under-steer. I have a lot of stop and go driving and so far the breaks are holding up pretty good. There is a start of some break fading and the pedal stiffness midway throw pedal pressing is starting to fade. Break dust is an issue in the rear tires though...they need to change to ceramics. The tire wear is not the greatest as I believe the factory tires will not make it to 35,000. They may for me since I drive about 100 miles a day, but that is about all the farther I see them lasting. Now the good stuff: The 3.6 has great power and great acceleration. The vehicle has more room than you think it has. I am still impress by when all I can fit in this vehicle. The seats are very comfortable. The third row seat are not meant for adult or people taller than about 5' 4" because fold flat seats and the raised floor. Also, sliding the second row is a little tuff to do. General maintenance is easy; changing oil and brakes. The filter is at the top left of the engine under the hood. The height of the vehicle make easy to get yourself and on oil pan under to drain."

horrible car

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Reason: tired of problems

Pros: "looks nice"

Cons: "unreliable"

"This car had 10 break jobs. It was at thexshop more than I had it"

Love it

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Has plenty of ports to charge personal devices"

Cons: "The AVP package lacks Bluetooth & Garage opener"

"So far I love my car! It handled like a dream runs quiet and rides great. Road trips are a awesome with this car."

Dependable and comfortable

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

"This is a Great car with good gas milage for its size and utility. It can carry up to 7 passangers, tow a trailer, have luggage on the roof rack and still get 23 miles per gallon on the highway and in comfort. You cant't beat that. With a standard load and a cold air intake I get 27-30 MPG on the highway. That is great for a V6 SUV. For the price it out does the competition. Cost $2000-5000 less then anything in its class as equipt"

I like my Dodge Journey Crew

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "Lots of features for the price, love the Uconnect"

Cons: "Fix my AWD and then I have no cons"

"I like my car but I'm not sure I love it as of recently, my AWD turns off about once a week. Dealership said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. The AWD feature was the biggest selling point for my husband and me. I'm willing to give them a chance to find the problem and repair it but if it continues to have this problem I will have it deemed a lemon. If they fix that issue I will love my car again. It handles awesome, I can climb in and out of my driveway no problem and the built in booster seats for my son are awesome! We have a black lab that fits comfortably in the back when the third row seat is folded down. The blind spots are a bit large but if you have the backup system it's not a big deal. It's just my husband, son, dog and myself that use the car and it works out perfectly. I wouldn't suggest the car for large families but for a couple with a couple kids it fits great."

This car is not what I thought I was buying.

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "6 disc cd changer, power mirrors, floor storage"

Cons: "Cheap features to cover what it lacks"

"This vehicle has not been what I thought it would be. I am disappointed and over whelmed by the low resale value of this vehicle. Runs good but is noisy. Under floor compartments and other features do not compensate for its short comings. Engine is weak on fuel economy getting only 17 mpg overall. Brakes wear quickly and vehicle is like a bus when driving. I am definately disappointed for the low quality of this vehicle."

Headed For Trade-in

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, good pickup on freeway"

Cons: "Lack of leg room 3rd row"

"Gas mileage 22mpg and that's mostly city driving. Third row seating not comfortable for teenagers. Not enough leg room. Trouble with radio volume blasting on it's own even when at zero."

One of most reliable cars I have owned.

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Attractive and reliable."

"Will definitely buy another one."

Never again

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "Nice ride and roomy cargo area."

Cons: "Everything started to go at 45,000 miles"

"Liked the journey till the transfer case went out at 48,000 miles. Still waiting for the part. It been 6 weeks wrote to Chrysler and am on a waiting list. 6 to 8 weeks for a part. Tires were hard to find also and very expensive."

The best overlooked crossover on the Market...

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "Affordability, Features, Keyless Entry,"

Cons: "4 cyl a little weak"

"Me and my wife purchased a 2013 Journey 4 cyl. about 3 weeks ago, and absolutely love it! We got it out of neccesity as we took in our 2 nephews and 1 niece, on top of our daughter, so we needed a vehicle with 3rd row seating. We don't want to spend a boat load of money, and we really didn't want to take a risk on something used. So after much research I found the Journey is the most affordable new SUV with 3rd row seating on the market. Dodge is definitely on the way up, and this vehicle doesn't disappoint with features of interior, even in a base model. It has touch screen interface, keyless entry and keyless engine start. Plenty of storage all things considered with the 3rd row."

See if you qualify for