• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Dodge Journey

6.8

Based on 337 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

Better than expected 2013

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, Good price, Sporty!"

Cons: "3rd row access, Engine selection, Blind spots."

"Compared to what Chevy and Ford were offering, for the money and the packaging and design,no one could beat the Journey. The Journey's 3rd row although nice isn't made for any one other than kids. This thing isn't a school bus and doesn't pretend to be. It has loads of cargo room with the 3rd row folded. Love the large screen uconnect controls. They are easy to see and operate. Interior lighting is more than I expected. Plenty of power ports. Easy to get in and out of. The only thing is the Gas mileage is a little on the low side, 24 or so with the 4 cylinder, and not as peppy but works fine as a highway cruiser. The turning radius is best I have seen on any vehicle out side a Mercedes. Turns on a dime and gives you change! Just A much better vehicle than the earlier models. I think most all the bugs have been ironed out."

good value for the money.

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

"I have had this car since Aug 2012. No trouble at all, nor should there be with this low mileage. We take it on some short trips.;"

I LOVE MY JOURNEY

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Ride, controls, interior, features, handling,"

Cons: "exterior has minor scratches"

"Love all the features on my SUV its a great machine ever been factory built. Has it all!!!! With leather seats, sunroof, comfortable supported seats, UCONNECT navigation, radio, wireless phone system, heated seats, rearview camera, fully loaded in excellent fit and finish. Journey has a 3rd row seating fitting 7 passengers everybody fit very comfort having a family of four. The SUV handles well on a smooth ride with a V6 engine it gives me really enjoyable drive and better performance ever. Push button ignition is my favorite no need getting out a key starting up vehicle. I have a R/T model which got features at a low price this was a affordable crossover on a great value has with all options and features been well quality built on the Journey. It wasn't exactly what I wanted at the time but Dodge was much cheaper and price wasn't steep as (Toyota or Honda) I've looked at before trying to find a great crossover worth a lower price it was the best. I love my Journey but will look at another vehicle shortly since trying to start buying something affordable doing the time it was the best ever owned."

Solid car, happy with choice

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, attractive"

Cons: "Backseat leg room, lack of passenger power seat"

"Note: Our previous car was a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica which we loved. If Pacifica was still being made, we probably would have bought another. It spoiled us with it's roominess and general comfort as well as both driver and passenger power seats which were on the base model. It was also very reliable. Okay, time to move on to our Dodge Journey: I own the 6cyl. SXT model with 3rd row seat. I love the acceleration ability, general comfort and smooth ride. Fuel economy is okay - seems like I have to fill pretty often but the electronic fuel econ. usually reads in the 21-23 range. Cons: Lacking in rear leg room compared to our previous crossover. No power seat for passenger. Salespeople at numerous dealerships are very confused about what Uconnect/Bluetooth/handsfree really mean. Please research before purchasing. Pros: Attractive car, really good engine in 6cyl model, like the flex seating w/3rd row when needed. LOVED all the cubbies and storage when first viewed the car, but ironically hardly ever use them."

Great Vehicle with plenty of room

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "great options for safety and convenience."

Cons: "The headlights dont turn on automatic."

"I love this car because of the push button start. Not having to dig for keys, it locks and unlocks with the push of a button on the door handle, as long as the key is in your possession,ie in pocket or purse. Door will not lock if key is inside car. 2 wonderful safety issues. Air conditioning is per person, meaning, everyone can adjust to their needs. Room to store luggage or pull up the 3rd row seat for extra passengers. 2nd row seat floor boards have storage for snacks or keeping beverages cool. Great gas mileage too. Side windows have added tinting. It has hands free uconnect for talking while driving. Bluetooth connection for Ipods etc.."

second best car ever owned no problems

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

"only change I would make is to eliminate the roundness of the front bucket seats. feels like you slide over a lip every time you enter/exit the vehicle"

Great crossover for the right price

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "MPG, utility, comfort, performance, radio"

Cons: "Residual value"

"We have owned our 2012 Dodge Journey SXT for about 18 months and love it as much now and the day we bought it new. I don't know how anyone in the real world could ever give this a bad review. Professional auto writers are comparing it based on their vast experience with much more expensive crossovers and SUV's but don't use it for real world function for a family of 4 or 5. This holds the family and all of our stuff quite nicely. We got the V6 which I would recommend to everyone since they aren't that much more, hold their value so much better than the 4 cylinders, and the performance matches anything else I've drive. The road handling and feel is as nice as my Dodge Challenger. There is limited body roll in corners and it cruises smooth and quiet down the highway. Gas mileage is great and beats the EPA estimates in the city and on the highway. The standard features are adequate and we added the safety package with the larger screen radio and rear backup camera. With all Chrysler/Dodge products, you have to do your research and find a very good price with lots of rebates because these don't hold their value very well at all. So if you're someone who buys a car and then trades it in every two years then you'll want to avoid this one. We are about even with book value so finding the most rebates in essential. But if you own a car 5+ year this is the best value out there because it's a great price for a lot of car and what it's worth after 18 or 24 months doesn't really matter if you're not looking to sell it."

Fantastic vehicle

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "Cost of tire replacement"

"This is my third Journey and this one is a Limited all wheel drive. That shows you how great I think this vehicle is. Best value on the market."

Worst Vehicle ever!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "comfortable in front seat, large area to haul item"

Cons: "can't adjust rear seats, so good leg room in rear"

"Several issues with the trans axle. Very costly to maintain and repair. 19inch wheels are hard to find and expensive. I have had the vehicle in the shop three times in last year. Plastic components break easily, but are not easily repaired. An area between the back seat and the storage area allows items to fall through and are not easily accessible."

Awesome vehicle have owned mine for a couple year

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "power comfort style fuel eco looks great"

Cons: "Price of tire replacement"

"Great vehicle for price. Comfort dependable awesome features and equipment..."