• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Dodge Journey

6.8

Based on 336 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

Great car for the money

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Easy to see out of."

Cons: "Should have more standard feature"

"Very pleased with the Journey. It is my wife's car and she likes it because she can see out of it. Good gas mileage on the highway 26-28 mpg and about 21-22 mpg in town. This Journey has the 4cyl offered and has all the power we need. Wife did not like the 6cyl. It had too much power for her. Fit & trim are very good. Seats are comfortable & fit my body. I would suggest either tinted windows or have them tinted. Makes a lot of difference. Overall very pleased"

Best automobile I have ever owned!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Absolutel Beautiful Auto."

"I am impressed that this auto drives, rides, and handles better than a Cadillac vehicle of the same category."

Great value for the money

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Perfect car for families; rides nice"

Cons: "The seats are light gray that get dirty easily"

"We wanted a crossover for our young family & this has been perfect for our needs. We have 3rd row seating which is great for friends. We haven't had any mechanical problems w/ this car & we've owned it for 5 years. A plastic pin broke on the child view mirror & they fixed it for free in 5 min. Rides nice. Good little car."

nothing but problems with this car

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "great looking family car"

Cons: "brakes, electric issues weird size tires, overheat"

"I have only owned this car since August 2013 and I have spent a lot of money getting it fixed besides my extended warranty place covering over $2000 in repairs."

Liked the car

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "goof mileage - loved extras"

"Liked the car but think i can get a new Journey now for great financing and a real nice price - lower my payments"

No problems - nice vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great price - good power"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Have owned the Journey for approx 4 years. Over 70,000 miles, have not had any issues. Main family care - take it everywhere."

Cons: "Transmission, shifting"

"I have the SXT model with the 3.6L V6. Generally, I like the car with the roominess, flexibility, comfort of the ride and ability to get in and out of tight spaces. While the engine has significant power, it also has significant torque steering when you get on the gas. As long as you know it's coming, you'll be OK. My complaint is about the transmission. It's the 6 speed and it is crazy, all over the place as to what gear you're in. You will be doing 30 mph and you're in 6th gear. It shifts rough, it shifts oddly and this is after having it into the dealer for computer updates and new software downloads. There is nothing smooth about the transmission of this car. Which leads me to worry about the long term reliability as my mileage increases."

Better than expected 2013

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, Good price, Sporty!"

Cons: "3rd row access, Engine selection, Blind spots."

"Compared to what Chevy and Ford were offering, for the money and the packaging and design,no one could beat the Journey. The Journey's 3rd row although nice isn't made for any one other than kids. This thing isn't a school bus and doesn't pretend to be. It has loads of cargo room with the 3rd row folded. Love the large screen uconnect controls. They are easy to see and operate. Interior lighting is more than I expected. Plenty of power ports. Easy to get in and out of. The only thing is the Gas mileage is a little on the low side, 24 or so with the 4 cylinder, and not as peppy but works fine as a highway cruiser. The turning radius is best I have seen on any vehicle out side a Mercedes. Turns on a dime and gives you change! Just A much better vehicle than the earlier models. I think most all the bugs have been ironed out."

See if you qualify for