2010 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 380 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.1/10
Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 16 | Next

family friendly

By on Monday, February 21, 2011

"I bought this vehicle new. so far it has been great. very family friendly. My wife loves it. It's ideal for someone not wanting to buy a van. It has plenty of storage and leg room. Very comfortable to ride in and rides smooth ride. Styling is sleek and pretty cool. Overall vehicle has been great and an excellent buy for me and my family. Keep in mind though it may not be for everyone."

Does Not Hold Value

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"This has been a decent car for us, but it just does not hold its value at all. This is the first vehicle I've ever owned that was not a Toyota, and I was extremely disappointed with this aspect. Toyotas always seemed to hold their value much better than this Journey. I also felt like it was a little expensive for the kind of car. It's a little smaller than most crossovers and not quite as comfortable."

Exactly what I was looking 4

By on Sunday, January 23, 2011

"I was looking for a safe, reliable vehicle with all the amenities without the big price tag. The Journey has more than fulfilled my wants and is the best vehicle I have ever owned! Then I went on road trips from California to Utah and Oklahoma. I couldn't believe that I could fall even more head over heels for this vehicle...but I did! The comfort and family-friendliness of this vehicle is out of this world! Thank you, Dodge!"

By on Friday, January 21, 2011

Not a SNOW-mobile

By on Thursday, January 20, 2011

"The alternater whines. We have never owned a vehicle that got around so TERRIBLE in SNOW! Traction control is more of a hassle than a help. Owned it 3 months now and would trade it in a heartbeat if we could afford it! Comfortable ride. Third row is only for small children - no leg room! Heated seats, auto start, premium sound are great. Looks great!"

Journey to the Mechanics..

By on Sunday, January 16, 2011

"We bought this vehicle new. We loved the gas mileage and look of the car. With 4 kids the 3rd row seating is a must. Overall the first 6 months were great. I loved the roomy feel even in the 3rd row. The storage space is limited but with the roof rack we added a Yakima storage unit to the roof. After 6 months...then the problems started. First the dealership is to blame for many of our complaints. Tne car did not come with DVD or leather so we had those features added after purchase from the dealership. When adding the DVD, they ruined the cloth on the ceiling. After 2 times of trying to have them fix the glue stains, and marks we cant figure out what they were, we just gave up. The next thing was the seats. The backs of all the seats came off. So bad on one seat that the back just does not stay anymore and we have been driving with the metal exposed. The inside is made so cheaply that the vents fall out and even the sun visor fell off. The last and worst part of the car is the brakes. We have taken it to have all 4 brakes replaced 3 times. I have owned many cars before this one and have never had the problems this one has. Such a shame for a very nice looking SUV."

Disaster

By on Monday, January 10, 2011

"The car's check engine light consistently comes on. The car totally shut down in the middle of the street at 16,000 miles. This is our sixth dodge, but we will never own another."

By on Sunday, January 09, 2011

"It is a great ride, very comfortable to ride long distances ,handles well and the sound system is great Has enough power to get you where you want to go the 3 rows of seats are very welcome thing and the duel controls for the air and heat is great also the heated seats. Great mid size vehicle has the versitality of a van but in a smaller size."

Avoid any hype

By on Thursday, January 06, 2011

"Purchased a 2010 Journey brand new, drove it 300 miles the day after purchase and the cruise control was horrible. Would decrease 5 mph and then rev up to meet the set speed. Very dangerous and frustrating. Took it to the dealership, they said it had an old program in it so they put a new one in. Ok. Drove it around town with av 16 mpg. Traded a 2007 Expedition that was holding steady at 15.8 mpg. So much for better gas mileage. The engine is touchy, it rattles at 40 mph and then you have to push on the gas to get it to shift. Took another trip during the Holidays and the cruise control was doing the SAME thing! It's in the shop now with 3,000 miles on it and has been over 2 hours with no idea of what is wrong. Not happy with our purchase. We'll see what happens.... Highly regretting our trade!"

great car

By on Sunday, January 02, 2011

"I love this car it is spaciouse"

Complete Disappointment

By on Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Style is good but reliability and quality are an unfortunate disappointment. I have had nothing but problems from continuous upgrades being done to replaced brakes within the first year and a half. The "premium" wheels aren't so "premium" when they shred within the first two years of ownership. I drive my car to and from work as well as your typical errands and the problems I have had should not have happened when they have. Needless to say I'll be trading in my Journey soon and it WILL NOT be for another Dodge. It isn't worth the hassel."

Love the Versatility

By on Saturday, November 06, 2010

"Great car, bought it after a big northeast snow storm because I missed my AWD Jeep! Quiet, comfortable, easy access to the cargo area, great innovations. Vibration at accelleration was corrected by the dealer after a third attempt, trans bolts retightened to spec. Air and heating system is very good audio system is great. Bad blind spot on the right side. i receive a lot of compliments on the ride and style. The only change I would make is to move the radio to where the HVAC controls are."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, November 03, 2010

"I love this vehicle! The storage in it is amazing. We take alot of trips out of state and it fits our family of 4 plus luggage very comfortable!"

dodge journey

By on Wednesday, November 03, 2010

"bought a 2009 dodge journey, lots of mechanical problems, both the computers fried when I took it to the dealer they fixed it but I did not even make it home the engine shut off. It s been in and out of mechanical shops since-- because dealers do not want to deal with a wiring problem that they can't figure out. Overall its priced pretty decent. Mechanically it is not up to standard of what American cars should be."

Don't do it

By on Wednesday, November 03, 2010

"This car has been a mechanical nightmare!!! Break job at 17,000 miles, valve cover gaskets replaced at 750 miles, computer replaced at 25,000 miles,master control switch replaced for power windows and locks replace twice by 25,000 miles. And if you have ever been to a Dodge dealership you would see from waiting that I'm not alone."

My only complaint...

By on Thursday, October 21, 2010

"is that the paint is chipping off of one of the side mirrors. I like the sliding second row, it gives the kids more room (my 11 year old daughter is already 5'5",) and there is a ton of storage. We keep the third row down unless there are extra kids riding with us."

By on Monday, September 13, 2010

A real Surprise

By on Saturday, August 21, 2010

"We never went to buy this car. In fact never even heard of it till we went to the tent sale. I bought the car and never found any serious problems. The overhead sunglass holder opens without being asked to and the CD return (radio) broke from the get go though 18 months later I can honestly say it was one of my better decisions in Life."

Dodge Journey

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"Great Vehicle love all the features and the ability to change my spacing options."

Excellent Crossover

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"We love our Dodge Journey- Overall the ride is excellent. It rides like a car but has the utility of an SUV, without the poor mileage you'll find with an SUV. We have averaged in the low 20s for fuel economy but on a normal Interstate trip traveling 70-75 we have seen up to 27 mpg with the 3.5L V-6. The 3rd row seat is great for when we have more than 4 or 5 people but it is only good for kids mainly."

The remote entry key not reliable

By on Monday, August 09, 2010

"I rented this SUV for a vacation trip to the Smokies. I found that the remote entry key of the vehicle was flaky, sometimes working, sometimes unable to lock, and sometimes unable to unlock. When the unlock was not working, I had to use the physical key to unlock the door, then the alarm would kick off. The interior of the SUV was very cramped. In addition, the design of windshield wipe control is not intuitive, and I never fully figured out how it would work."

awsome

By on Sunday, August 08, 2010

"i never thought i would like a dodge, because we always bought Ford. but once i took a ride and bought it i was in love, the best suv i have ever owned."

Really like it

By on Monday, July 12, 2010

"I have had my Journey R/T for 2 years next month and I really like it. It has all the bells and whistles that I wanted and space enough for all 4 of us. The only problems I have had are that the brakes have already had to be replaced before 28,000 miles and the steering made a funny noise when I had to turn to the left. They replaced the part and since then no problems. Also, the radio has frozen up occasionally and won't play. I have had many Dodge products before and overall they are exceptional quality. I plan to get a Jeep next time."

Worst Vehicle Ever

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"We have had our 2009 Dodge Journey for 26 months now. We have had to replace the front brake pads and rotors 2 times and the rear brake pads once. The car has been in the shop at least ten times for the radio. The keys have stopped working 2 times and we have had to wait for them to order new ones. We have had problems with the car making weird noises when we make a hard left turn. Several other problems that I can't remember. When I have called Chrysler, the customer service reps have been rude and condescending. This is our fourth and last Chrysler car. Think twice (or three or four times) before buying this car. I wish we had."

Great Crossover

By on Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Great all weather crossover SUV . ,comfortable , penty of space & nice ride . The only problem after 1 yr and 50,000 miles ..... the key , have had to replace key (fob) and batteries . Once in a while it just like's to set off the alarm all by itself or not unlock the doors"

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 16 | Next