• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 352 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10
Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 | Next

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"Good vehicle...could have more power though"

Love it!

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"I've owned this journey for 15 months and love it! My daughter and son-in-law just bought one for themselves. Great size and love the extra in floor storage!"

I love my Journey!!!

By on Friday, September 11, 2009

"I absolutely love this vehicle!!! We have th 6 cylinder and it has enough power for me! We bought the 7 passenger and I have had 7 adult women in the car and all were comfortable... even in the back. As a smaller SUV it's great. The biggest downfall comes because we have twins and their double stroller will not fit in the back and us still be able to use the back seats. That is very frustrating because we also have an older child, but he fits with plenty of room between the two carseats! Like, I say, I just absolutely love this vehicle! I wanted a van when we decided to have more kids, but a van wouldn't be nearly as fun to drive! I will say that I have had to replace the brake pads already which I thought was pretty soon, but not something that I'm getting rid of it for!"

Break Pads Problems

By on Thursday, August 27, 2009

"The Journey is a very confortable and Qiut car, however, mine since it turn to 17,000 miles the break pads has become a constant and out going use. Currently the car is 34,000 Miles and I had replaced twice the break pads that has been overheated and are melting away... I wont recommed it if you have to travel long distance between work & home, it is a safety issue. If you do buy it! just look at a Beutifull car seeting at your garage!"

Great vehicle! Great value!

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

"I was able to buy a 2009 Journey for $13K after rebates; I found nothing else even close in price for the same value. I even got free oil changes for up to three years on the rebates. My only complaint is that the 2.4L engine feels weak for the weight/size of the vehicle; you have to baby the Journey to get it up hills or to accelerate quickly. However, I am getting 23 mpg once I broke it in, with a mix of in town and highway driving. The AC works great and the beverage cooler, in the upper glove box, also works well. There is plenty of room in the back and for each passenger. I really like it."

2nd new car in 29 yrs

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"We just bought the 09 for $20,000. Great deal it had only 543 miles on it , and lots of upgrades. Chrome door handles, 19" wheels and tires, AWD, Moonroof, 7 passenger seating. Transfer case was leaking a tiny bit we found out so Dodge said put a new one on it. We love the car so far."

Big on Room, Not on Power

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"I love my Dodge Journey. You can't beat the roominess or size. My husband and I are both Plus size people and we fit very comfortably. We test drove other LARGE SUV's and none compared to the room in the front for the driver. I purchased the SE and it lacks some serious power. It doesn't have any "get up and go" if you know what I mean. Would def. pay more for the 6cyl. now that I have been driving the 4cyl. The fabric on the seats are cheap and it is very hard, nearly impossible, to get stains out. We have tried everything, and nothing has really worked for us. Would I buy another Dodge Journey...for sure! Only I would go for the more $$$$$ 6 cyl with more options."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"I love my Journey. It has the power I need and the room. Mine has many amenities (ice chests built in, DVD player, V6) making it the perfect family vehicle. I love the way it handles!"

GREAT BUY!!

By on Monday, August 10, 2009

"Had my 09 Journey SE for 8 Months. Its BEEN PERFECT. Nothing has went wrong with it. Drives comfortable, handles well enough for a wagon. The 2.4L (4 cyl) has its work cut our for it with such a large vehicle, but its completely acceptable. 25MPG on the Highway constantly.. so the HIGH MPG is worth the trade off for not having better performance. Value is great.. You can't find much better for the price you pay for these after all the THOUSANDS Chrysler shaves off. The interior quality is marginal, but the styling makes up for it."

good deal

By on Thursday, August 06, 2009

"is the best car RT"

never again!

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"i bought this 4 cyl for my job (delivery) for "good gas mileage" boy did i pick the wrong car! my 2001 grand cherokee awd v8 gets the same mileage. not to mention the fact that it takes 20 min to get to 60mph with the air on. im a mopar girl all the way...and will continue to be when i trade this PIECE in ASAP"

great vehicle

By on Monday, August 03, 2009

"My wife and I recently took a trip to kentucky and we drove our journey through the mountains of west virginia and it handled really well. I drove all the way and my wife didn't get to drive. I just had so much fun driving the car."

Great Vehicle !!

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"I appreciate what Chrysler has done with this vehicle. (Even though it is really a Mercedes) The German engineered suspension is something else. I have never driven a vehicle with such control. Highly recommend this new crossover. Spend the extra money and buy the V-6. The 4 cylinder is suffient but you dont want to listen to it cry everytime you have to merge onto a highway. Kudos!"

I'm sorry I bought this car

By on Friday, July 17, 2009

"I purchased this car about less than 6 months ago. I have been in the shop with it 4 out of the 6 months that I have had this Journey. I am so disappointed with this car and I would never reccommend this vehicle to anyone."

Great Crossover

By on Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"I have owned my car for 14 months and have had no troubles. We bought the SXT model. The only problem I have is the seat comfort. For long trips they are not comfortable. There is plenty of storage and back seat leg room for such a small vehicle. I love the multi disc CD changer and satellite radio. Good car for the price!!!!"

great family car

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"Drives like a car, room like a van. Great for travel. Wonderful car for families"

Excellant vehicle ever

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Good on gas mileage drives nice. my husband and i were looking around last year (2008) for a new vehicle test drove Chevy Equinox and the Buick Enclave cept on coming back to the Dodge Journey. We bought the R/T with evertyihng in it my husband and I love it."

By on Thursday, July 09, 2009

"I just purchased this vehicle and so far, I love it! I bought the SE version and yes, it could use some more power. I'm sure the V-6 would provide that. However, for the price, comfortability and smooth driving this is definitely worth the money I spent. The seats are very comfortable and the front passenger seat reclines completely offering optimum comfort during road trips. Cargo space is also a plus as well as the numerous compartments for storage. This car is a great compromise when considering a crossover vehicle. It's lower to the ground so you don't have the concern of rollover that you do with other SUVs. My recommendation is to buy everything installed from the factory. It appears that when you add after-market add ons there is always a concern with quality comtrol. I have not added anything to my vehicle and everything works great!"

its still not a Jeep

By on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"I reviewed this vehicle after 6 months and now that its been over a year I can say that I was Very Impressed at the AWD in snow. Last winter driving on roads that werent even plowed yet it drove right along like the pavement were bare, which is a good thing when the snow is coming up over the hood! Every time I read a review about other owners having All their problems I guess I got the only one they made that doesnt have all these problems. There are still things they could have designed better but hey, first year model what can U expect? Goes to show ya that buying a new vehicle the first model year is a gamble. Looks sharp from a distance and eSpecially in the rain. Gets Super gas mileage and I do a lot of driving (over 500 miles a week!)"

By on Thursday, June 25, 2009

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"i have owned this car since may of 2008, well i bought the car in may of 2008, the vehicle had to go in the day after we bought it for the dvd system to put in...which no one knew how to install at the dealership...needless to say it took 2 wks for it to get out for that..we had it back for 3 days, then the airbag light came on...back to the shop we go..we didnt get this car back until after july 4th 2008. The dealership we bought it at was and still is horrible. the car when you make a turn makes this horrible sound, which we were told was normal...after you are driving it for a while it smokes (the dealership says this is break dust...doubtful) when you turn the windshield wipers off the light dim (dealership told me this isnt happening...um hello..i am driving the vehicle...after you shut off the wipers the interior lights go off then back on) the whol electrical system is shot...the MY GIG is a joke...half of the things dont work and we have had 4 different radios installed..would never recommend this car to an enemy..tried to put in a lemon law...doesnt qualify...YET..well the seats are comfortable though..hopefully i wont loose too much on a trade in.."

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"I was reading a review from someone else that owns this car and I have to say I feel like we have the same car, I have had my car for 10 months and have had the same problems as him...."My 09 Journey STX is 10 months on the road has 29000 miles and has been in the shop 6 times so far. The vehicle has never broken down on me but there has been many issues that are annoying and are not acceptable. Most recent was that with in 25K miles the brake pads have worn down and the pads worn uneven and even had scorn the rotter from what the service manager told me "Too Much Metal in the pads." and of course they didn't warrant it because it was a wear item. Pads never made it to the indicators but damaged rotter so expensive fix at my cost. Yea thats High Quality Mopar Parts. The AC makes a loud rattle that has yet to be fixed, there was a grinding noise from the steering and was found that the reservoir was too small after several trips in, There was a creek in the pillar passenger side that took 2 service shop attempts and one full day the body shop to locate the fix. In the process they damaged the headliner and scratched up several places on door panels and other plastics. So back to the shop for a new headliner when delivered. Door hinges tend to start to make a spring sprung sound they fix with loading up on grease." I think about trading it in for something else but I am scared to see what the trade in value is now :("

2009 R/T Loaded

By on Monday, June 08, 2009

"Have had my completely loaded R/T for one year on the 9th - and I love it as much now as I did when I bought it. Traded in a BMW X5 on it - the BMW had more squeaks and rattles that the dealer could never "duplicate" than the Journey. Don't listen to the negatives, folks - this is a WONDERFUL car. Yeah - it has its mostly minor problems - but show me a maker that doesn't? This vehicle is stupendous! Roomy, peppy, interior and exterior...I get compliments ALL OF THE TIME on mine! Let's support America!"

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Ours is the R/T model with most options. The ride is great. I can drive it for hours & not get sleepy as with all other vechicles I've owned. I attribute that to the seat design. This baby is all wheel drive and it gets 24 to 26 MPG on the highway. Yes a lot of the interior trim is plastic but so is most other brands. We have the leather seats. Don't get the 3rd row seat model unless you have small children. It is a small seating area."

Get the bugs out.

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"My 09 Journey STX is 10 months on the road has 29000 miles and has been in the shop 6 times so far. The vehicle has never broken down on me but there has been many issues that are annoying and are not acceptable. Most recent was that with in 25K miles the brake pads have worn down and the pads worn uneven and even had scorn the rotter from what the service manager told me "Too Much Metal in the pads." and of course they didn't warrant it because it was a wear item. Pads never made it to the indicators but damaged rotter so expensive fix at my cost. Yea thats High Quality Mopar Parts. The AC makes a loud rattle that has yet to be fixed, there was a grinding noise from the steering and was found that the reservoir was too small after several trips in, There was a creek in the pillar passenger side that took 2 service shop attempts and one full day the body shop to locate the fix. In the process they damaged the headliner and scratched up several places on door panels and other plastics. So back to the shop for a new headliner when delivered. Door hinges tend to start to make a spring sprung sound they fix with loading up on grease. Sunroof makes loud rub noise when opening in vent position. Last thing I can think of is that the alarm has gone off 2 times and the only way to turn if off is use the pull out key to unlock the door because the fob won't respond. The dealer hasn't been able to duplicate so guess I will have to live with this. Okay so the good about the vehicle is that it does have a good amount of power with the V6 but it averages around 18 to 21 mpg on a regular basis. One of the main features and reasons for the purchase was the towing. The 3500 lbs tow is a bit much for the car on speeds of 45 mph or more but around town it does okay. The gearing for 1st 2nd and 3rd are way too close together so shifting with manual mode you just bump through all three gears within 20 mph. It is a fairly comfortable ride and roomy car. The AC works very well and with the rear ac option the car cools down fairly quick. Don't count on the dash drink holder to cool your drinks as it heats up when car is off and runs off the ac so you get a slightly cooler than room temp drink. The under floor mats drink holders don't have drain holes so you have to be careful not to get carpet wet when emptying. Good amount of storage room through out. The interior lighting is fair and attractive. Traction is good and the car stops fast and hard when needed. This was very impressive to me when I had to nail them once because a kid road his bike right out in front of me. The third row seating is cramped and when you sit the seat up there isn't but 12 inches of cargo room which won't even hold most coolers or items for the trip. Overall, the vehicle has many good options and has been reliable to get from point A to B but I have found that the quality isn't what I expected or as good as the Nissans I always had in the past. Also one MAIN POINT to get across is, within 6 months and 18K miles I went to trade due to the unsatisfied towing I needed and found that I had already lost 11K in depreciation. Now in less than a year that has increased to about 15K..... That's a 65% loss in less than 10 months. I hope this helped in your decision. It would have if I had know before I bought."

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 | Next