• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2009 Dodge Journey

6.8

Based on 335 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.8/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

not a good car for a Journey

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"I rent this SUV in California for a week and drove for about 2000 mls. For 3 passengers with 4 bags, the 4 cylinder engine is too weak. Acceleration is too slow. On a flat road 2000 RPM is ok, but in hills it was from 3500-4000 RPM with a roar almost all the time, on 8 degree climbing it was over 4000 RPM. That is too much for "Journey" SUV. Mirrored parts inside the cab (like chrome plated top of shift stick, frames on instrument panel and other) can blind a driver in sunny weather. Personally I do not like tire pressure warning light. When night-day temperature changing from 40 to 78 it appears and disappears several times a day. The good thing: large enough luggage compartment, lighter sockets for rear seats and in a luggage compartment. So, this is not "Journey SUV". Select 6 cylinders model. By the way, overall gas consumption was 21 mls per a gallon. Actually that is not good for 4-cyl."

By on Sunday, March 15, 2009

By on Monday, February 09, 2009

Not happy

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The most troublesome factor is the upholstery fabric, have already had front and back replaced. Even water leaves stains even after Scotchgard. Labeling over key slot is coming off. The soda can cooler is a joke, I had 2 cans of pop explode in there. I miss a digital compass and keyless entry remote. We have had lots of Dodges, but I will not purchase a Journey again."

Worst Vehicle I Have Owned

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"I bought my Journey in May 2008 and have had it in the shop several times since then. I had a horrible groaning noise when I turned the wheel in which the service man told me that, that is normal with new vehicles, WHAT!!! Then 5 months later I get a call that there has been a recall for something to do with the power steering. I have already had to have my brakes done and got another excuse and now I have to take it in for a recall involving the braking system, HMMM!! Now I am having other issues also and my vehicle is only 6 months old."

See if you qualify for