2009 Dodge Journey

6.8

Based on 370 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

Solid car, happy with choice

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, attractive"

Cons: "Backseat leg room, lack of passenger power seat"

"Note: Our previous car was a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica which we loved. If Pacifica was still being made, we probably would have bought another. It spoiled us with it's roominess and general comfort as well as both driver and passenger power seats which were on the base model. It was also very reliable. Okay, time to move on to our Dodge Journey: I own the 6cyl. SXT model with 3rd row seat. I love the acceleration ability, general comfort and smooth ride. Fuel economy is okay - seems like I have to fill pretty often but the electronic fuel econ. usually reads in the 21-23 range. Cons: Lacking in rear leg room compared to our previous crossover. No power seat for passenger. Salespeople at numerous dealerships are very confused about what Uconnect/Bluetooth/handsfree really mean. Please research before purchasing. Pros: Attractive car, really good engine in 6cyl model, like the flex seating w/3rd row when needed. LOVED all the cubbies and storage when first viewed the car, but ironically hardly ever use them."

2011 DODGE JOURNEY

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "reliability,mileage,ride and hauling"

Cons: "a little under-powered, but not a problem"

"Owned approx 3 years with 29,000 mile. only thing I've done are oil changes still original brakes. no problems I have 4cyl auto. all around mileage approx 20mpg Highway approx 27-28mpg. Been a very reliable SUV. rides great and can carry a ton of gear."

very nice vehicle inside and out

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "steering and pricey specialized tires!"

"Nice vehicle in and out. Love the hidden compartments. Pricey specialized 19.5 inch tires must be special ordered. Only complaint is that the vehicle steers like a tank and it floats going down the road. Got a lifetime front end alignment at Firestone and it didnt seem to help. Guess I will upgrade the shocks. Besides that, it is a nice vehicle!"

This car is not what I thought I was buying.

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "6 disc cd changer, power mirrors, floor storage"

Cons: "Cheap features to cover what it lacks"

"This vehicle has not been what I thought it would be. I am disappointed and over whelmed by the low resale value of this vehicle. Runs good but is noisy. Under floor compartments and other features do not compensate for its short comings. Engine is weak on fuel economy getting only 17 mpg overall. Brakes wear quickly and vehicle is like a bus when driving. I am definately disappointed for the low quality of this vehicle."

My Dream Car!!!

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, stylish, and the best!!!!"

Cons: "None!!!"

"My dad bought this car for me for Christmas this year. I have always wanted a crossover but as my first car at 16, my dad bought me a Dodge Caliber to just test me out on driving. Now at 18, he bought me what I always wanted. I got this 2013 Journey on December 8, 2012, and so far it has been great. I have installed factory navigation since purchasing it, added chrome door handles, and a chrome roof rail. Even thought it may say SXT on the outside, inside it seems like a crew model. This Journey has more features than anything I could ever imagine. Being 18 and having a Journey is a luxury to me. It rides good, sits well, and looks good. I would recommend anybody that is looking for a mid size crossover to consider the Journey...you won't go wrong."