2009 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 381 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.1/10

Big on Room, Not on Power

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"I love my Dodge Journey. You can't beat the roominess or size. My husband and I are both Plus size people and we fit very comfortably. We test drove other LARGE SUV's and none compared to the room in the front for the driver. I purchased the SE and it lacks some serious power. It doesn't have any "get up and go" if you know what I mean. Would def. pay more for the 6cyl. now that I have been driving the 4cyl. The fabric on the seats are cheap and it is very hard, nearly impossible, to get stains out. We have tried everything, and nothing has really worked for us. Would I buy another Dodge Journey...for sure! Only I would go for the more $$$$$ 6 cyl with more options."

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"i have owned this car since may of 2008, well i bought the car in may of 2008, the vehicle had to go in the day after we bought it for the dvd system to put in...which no one knew how to install at the dealership...needless to say it took 2 wks for it to get out for that..we had it back for 3 days, then the airbag light came on...back to the shop we go..we didnt get this car back until after july 4th 2008. The dealership we bought it at was and still is horrible. the car when you make a turn makes this horrible sound, which we were told was normal...after you are driving it for a while it smokes (the dealership says this is break dust...doubtful) when you turn the windshield wipers off the light dim (dealership told me this isnt happening...um hello..i am driving the vehicle...after you shut off the wipers the interior lights go off then back on) the whol electrical system is shot...the MY GIG is a joke...half of the things dont work and we have had 4 different radios installed..would never recommend this car to an enemy..tried to put in a lemon law...doesnt qualify...YET..well the seats are comfortable though..hopefully i wont loose too much on a trade in.."

Big improvement over past models.

By on Saturday, August 29, 2015

Pros: "Great overall"

Cons: "Fuel Mileage"

"I have purchased many, many new cars and this is by far the best car for the money that I have every bought. I am retired and have teenage kids. The third row set is roomy enough for them and the quality is great. I would be another today if I had to. Great Car!!!!"

Engine and Transmission

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, storage space, comfort"

Cons: "Transmission, shifting"

"I have the SXT model with the 3.6L V6. Generally, I like the car with the roominess, flexibility, comfort of the ride and ability to get in and out of tight spaces. While the engine has significant power, it also has significant torque steering when you get on the gas. As long as you know it's coming, you'll be OK. My complaint is about the transmission. It's the 6 speed and it is crazy, all over the place as to what gear you're in. You will be doing 30 mph and you're in 6th gear. It shifts rough, it shifts oddly and this is after having it into the dealer for computer updates and new software downloads. There is nothing smooth about the transmission of this car. Which leads me to worry about the long term reliability as my mileage increases."

Fantastic vehicle

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "Cost of tire replacement"

"This is my third Journey and this one is a Limited all wheel drive. That shows you how great I think this vehicle is. Best value on the market."