2009 Dodge Journey

6.9

Based on 366 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.1/10

Good vehicle for a young family or older couple

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I want this car

Pros: "good gas economy"

Cons: "hard to get into back seat and little leg room"

"The front seats are comfortable, the second row is a bit less, and the third row has little leg room and is very difficult to get in and out of. The driving ability going forward is great but to back up and to see out the sides to back up has a lot of blind spots. The car does not have a lot of pick up when passing other vehicles and the vehicle can get out of control if sudden maneuvers are made from side to side."

Excellent car.

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Fantastic color

"I have not had to spend a cent on this car. All of the maintenance was covered."

Fantastic color

Keep on making them

By on Monday, January 19, 2015

Pros: "details, driving, towing"

Cons: "no automatic tail gate lift"

"Vehicle is excellent for long trips. Smooth driving. Plenty of room for passengers and trunk space. Navigation system is the best. Use it for finding gas and meals when traveling in unfamiliar areas. Head restraints are my only complaint. They are made in such a way you will need 2 pillows to be able to sleep or that head rest will irritate you."

Terrible, cheap and overpriced

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "Absolutely none"

Cons: "Everything."

"Bought this car without researching it enough, resale value is abysmal. Everything in the interior is cheaply made, 3 months into owning it one of the seats plastic covers over the track broke off, bumpers have broken tabs and keep popping out w/o them having been hit before. Rubber seals in the wheel wells and on the doors were coming out after 1 year. The engine is sluggish and chugs gas for a 4 cylinder. Carpet is poorly made and doesnt clean up well even with a basic bottle being spilled. The vehicle I received had been damaged by the porter and the dealership "repaired" the damage and didnt compensate me for time, or inconvenience. Do not buy a journey, maybe the duarango holds it value, but the journey is plastic junk."

Great SUV

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

"If you're looking for an affordable SUV then look no further. Great gas mileage. Very comfortable ride, even if you are sitting in the back seats. Handles great even in the snow. Plenty of room for luggage if you're traveling, or groceries if you are shopping."

DO NOT buy a Dodge Journey!!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "none"

Cons: "not enuff words available."

"NEVER b4 have I ever had such problems with a car...and I am 65 years old and have had plenty of cars. Less than 2 years old with only 7500 miles on it, and we are afraid to take out-of-town trips with it. As soon as it gets out of the shop for the latest problems it is having, we are trading it in for a Honda. Take the loss. Don't believe me....google problems with Dodge Journey and read the horror stories about this car! I will NEVER buy a Chrysler product again."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "Price, user friendly, motor"

Cons: "Wish it came standard with GPS navigation"

"I have driven this vehicle for 2 round trips. Each round trip was 1700 miles. The cloth seats are very comfortable. Plenty of space for a child, three dogs, gifts, and inclement weather survival items in the storage compartments. We just bought another one because we liked the first one so much. First one is SXT FWD and the second is SXT AWD. The FWD accelerates very fast, climbs hills easy, really quiet ride, and handles like a nimble car. The AWD doesnt accelerate as quickly (nature of AWD), extermely quiet and comfortable ride, and definately feel in grabbing the road (traction not an issue). The AWD feels/handles like my wide and heavy muscle car, except it obvously doesnt accelerate as quickly."

I like it but liked my blazer more

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "nice smooth ride"

Cons: "terrible gas mileage and no cigarette package"

"The transmission had to be replaced twice. All of the electrical wiring had to be replaced. And even still my windows do not go up and down properly when it is cold. I love the ability to get up to highway speeds quickly, and how smoothly it runs at those speeds. I love the third row seating and all of the storage space and spaces it has."

about 1500 miles-good for when you get older

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "heated seating/steering wheel, and assist handles."

"i've been driving lease vehicles for over 30+ years constantly. this was the car for my wife and I to drive during retirement. we had selected the 6 cylinder engine with the added maintenance agreements as well. along with what we needed for creature comforts-this car is well worth the investment. we have had this car for over a half year-and it works very well for our needs. hope that this helps."

Love this SUV

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "System tells you when you need maintenance."

Cons: "A little on the expensive side!"

"I can't imagine anyone not liking this vehicle. It has all the bells and whistles. Keyless start and entry, backup camera, u-connect. I love this vehicle. The interior fabric is very nice, the u-connect system is fairly easy to use(regardless of what other people say). It just takes some exploring to figure everything out. I have only had one problem with it in almost 4 years (the battery died right after we got it). Handles very well in winter conditions."