1998 Dodge Intrepid

7.3

Based on 820 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

I love this car!

By on Monday, October 8, 2007

"I bought my 1999 Intrepid ES brand new 8 years ago. It's the 3.2 L and has 267000 miles on it and next year I'm going for 300000 easy. I drive mostly highway miles which probably helps alot. I average 27 or 28 mpg. On a trip we can get 30-31 mpg. I have had very few problems with the car. A sensor went out early on and cost $60 to replace. Lately, a few more items have needed to be replaced. Catalytic convertors recently and a water pump, but I do have a lot of miles on the car amd I drive about 3000 miles a month. My husband changes the oil EVERY month. I think it helps greatly! I drive with the moon roof open 90% of the time. It's great. My sound system is Infinity and the sound is really, really good. The seats are comfortable and the AC, radio etc are all within comfortable reach. The trunk is just massive. You would be amazed at what will fit in there and through the fold down seats. The body is still in great shape. No rust. When this engine finally does go, I will just have a new engine put into this car. I love it that much. (that's why I bought it to begin with!) I need something dependable and I couldn't have asked for more. Great car all the way around."

Love my intrepid

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

"have had this car for 3 years and its the best car ive owned by far! would deff recommend this car to friends and family, havent had any major problems with it and its not serviced like it should be but its tough and durable."

get ready for it

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"i loved my car til sunday. i have the 2.7l 1999 intrepid and had no problems until now. the major problems with it are that the water pump is inside the timing cover and when it starts to leak, you guessed it, water in the oil. i got 140000 miles out of it and only paid 6800 for it in 02 so it was a good buy, but it isnt worth fixing. the other problem is the sludge build up. if the oil light starts to flicker, get it checked asap."

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Driven

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"Within the first 6 months, I put over 7,000 miles on it without any problems and all I need to do is keep up the regular maintenance on it such as oil changes, tune-ups, change tires, etc. It is a very good car."

a very solid vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage(for heavy car),build quality,looks"

Cons: "reliability for 2.7, hydroplanes on wet highway"

"My mother bought the car used with 60,000 miles in 2006 and drove it 80 miles round trip for 5 years and she loved it until the day they gave it to me. Yes we've had to replace the transmission twice now but it still is a very lovely driver. I am out of high school and I have worked the same distance my mother has driven it and it performed flawlessly. I love to go around curves because it squats right down and its quite enjoyable. Everyone who has ever ridden in the car loves the ride because it is so comfortable! I love my car and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I do recommend this car for a particular group! but I would get the 3.2 or 3.5! I have the 2.7 and it's not a strong performer, yeah it gets good gas mileage for a big whale, but its got plenty of weak points. I have to fight my mom off from the intrepid because she still loves it. She drives an 08 avenger and she hates it compared to the intrepid! what does that tell you? it stinks that they had to discontinue it, it was really a good car! good thing I got the last year for them!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Intrepid near Honolulu. See local deals