1997 Dodge Intrepid

7.3

Based on 228 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

7.6/10
    7.6/10

Dodges are useless once they hit 100k

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, stylish and a smooth ride."

Cons: "Built in obsolescence will bankrupt you!"

"Just as soon as my 96 Intrepid hit 100k miles, we had to start replacing everything including head gasket, rack and pinion, etc. Transmission is going bad and even the electrical system has a short causing the heat to blow constantly. I will never own another Dodge. Horrible experience! Paint job didn't last either."

Decent car for the starting driver on a budget.

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Decent Price, good for budgets, fun to drive."

"Bought my car back in 2011. I bought the car when it was still driving like new, although I ran into a few inconvenient coincidences that couldn't have been avoided, it was a nice car. The model of the car is infamous for the complex transmission system. If the slightest sign of transmission fluid leaking or gear trouble arises, take it to the shop. If not, your best option is to have the transmission rebuilt or replaced. Overall, I would tell my family, friends, and other people that this is a good car if on a budget. It'll get you from point A to B, it'll do what you tell it, but it needs care."

Dodge intrepids are a safe and reliably with style

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "A speedy and great on gas"

Cons: "nothing really tweeks my cons."

All detailed and ready

"When i first got my intrepid it only had 60,000 miles to it. After i drove the vehicle a while, i became attached to it. As long as a person takes care of a car, it will be more enjoyable. just like mine"

All detailed and ready

Reliable, Durabilty second to none.

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

"I got a 1995 Dodge Intrepid for free because my friend didnt know what was wrong with it or how to fix it and wanted something newer. It had 140,000 mi. at the time and I had to replace the timing belt. (They should be replaced every 60,000 mi. or so). I have to say this drivetrain is extremely bullet proof. The engine is easy to work on (it mounted north, south orientation) like the old V8 engines (mechanics love this). The 3.5 engine has plenty of low end torque (a good thing)and is extremely reliable. The only downside is the interior is not very durable which is no suprise with Chrysler products. They are known for thier engines and performance not for their interiors. There are many of these still on the road and I see them all the time. Dont let the high mileage fool you these cars will outlast many,many other cars. Ive worked on this engine top to bottom and the engineering of this powertrain was way ahead of it,s time. The 3.5L engine was used all the way to the 2012 in Dodge and Chrysler vehicles, thats almost unheard of in the automotive industry. Many improvements were made through those years to increase gas mileage and performance but the reliabilty of this work horse never changed. My recommendation is if you find yourself looking for a reliable vehicle to purchase, buy a Dodge or Chrysler vehicle with the 3.5L engine. You will have that car for many, many years to come."

great car!

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "fast"

"I have had the car for about two years now. It just hit 160,000miles and it still runs like its new, gets great mpg for how old she is. the body is rust but the motors will out last the body by a long shot. and they then to still run great even though if the air filter is full of chicken feathers!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Intrepid near Honolulu. See local deals