1997 Dodge Intrepid

7.3

Based on 231 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Decent car for the starting driver on a budget.

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Decent Price, good for budgets, fun to drive."

"Bought my car back in 2011. I bought the car when it was still driving like new, although I ran into a few inconvenient coincidences that couldn't have been avoided, it was a nice car. The model of the car is infamous for the complex transmission system. If the slightest sign of transmission fluid leaking or gear trouble arises, take it to the shop. If not, your best option is to have the transmission rebuilt or replaced. Overall, I would tell my family, friends, and other people that this is a good car if on a budget. It'll get you from point A to B, it'll do what you tell it, but it needs care."

Reliable, comfortable interior and ride, powerful

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "Price, look and reliablity"

Cons: "No CD"

"Reliable, comfortable interior with large back seat. The ride is smooth and when I step on the gas it never lets me down."

Love, Love, LOVE MY INTREPID!!!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Peppy 3.5 V6, Great looking"

Cons: "Can't think of anything"

"I own a 1996 Dodge Intrepid ES with approximately 135,000 miles on it. I must say it is one of the best cars I have ever owned! It's a nice family sedan, with plenty of power under the hood (courtesy of its peppy 3.5 V6 engine!) Very, very comfortable ride. Roomy rear seat and plenty of truck space. I love this car so much. Great aggressive styling versus the Chrysler Concorde, LHS, or Eagle Vision. The only real issues I have had with it are failures of the timing belt and water pump. But, this car is really worth repairing! I have never feared breaking down and this car has never failed to start for me (even it cold temperatures). I love, love, LOVE my Intrepid!!"

amazing

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "amazing design on dodges part"

Cons: "its front wheel drive, and the petal e-brake"

"i got the car for 250$ and it had 207,00 miles but i have had no problem with it it has a huge amount of power and its a blast to drive, it handles like a stock car and its realy durable, i love the way it drives and handles i would recomend this car to anyone."

Love my car!

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"My dad purchased this brand new in 1997 and I inherited it just a few months ago. Even though it's nearly 14 years old with 196000 miles, it has never had any major problems. Just normal maintenance (like changing the oil, replacing brunt out lights, etc). The handling is nice and nimble for a 4 door. The 3.3L V6 is really nice to drive after test driving a bunch of 2.4L 4 cylinders with no power. It's spacious, comfortable, performs well, and is reliable. I only have three minor problems with it. 1. When it rains or snows, the run-off will go directly into the trunk. It's a stupid design flaw, but really not that bad unless you use your trunk frequently 2.The plastic clips for the sun visor are somewhat exposed to the sun a lot during the summer and have a tendency to become brittle. Since the part is no longer made, I have to pay $30 for a stupid plastic clip so my visor doesn't swing and bob inside the car. 3. There is an air dam underneath the front bumper that pushes air to the radiator (why? I don't have a clue. It's kinda useless) and it catches on low lying snow mounds, parking blocks, and the occasional speed bump. Once again, that part is no longer made so it's expensive to replace. I recently tore mine off after it caught on a icy snow mound and haven't replaced it since. I don't see the point. The car still runs fine."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Intrepid near Honolulu. See local deals