2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,739 - $20,532.

10/6.8

6.9

Based on 292 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    6.9/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

LOVE OUR 2010 GRAND CARAVAN SE

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Price, comfort, dependability, safety"

Cons: "Zero"

"We love our van. bought new almost 2 years ago and use mostly for road trips. Grand kids love going places in the van. Has been used by 2 of our daughters for their trips also. Have had absolutely "no" problems with this vehicle. Love the stow n go and all the room. Have traveled with 7 passengers and luggage comfortably. Roomy, comfortable, reliable. Only service was our regular oil changes and get 28mpg highway. Not sure of city mpg since we don't use for a lot of city driving and have never really noticed (if mileage was very low, I would have noticed). We are very pleased with this car. We purchased the base model with only a few options. Saw where someone had problems with keys and cost $900 but when we purchased this van I had extra key made for our daughter and only cost $45. Have the sliding doors, not power, and my 3 year old grand daughter can easily open doors. Great protection with side curtain air bags in all rows."

love the looks

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "roomy, stow"

Cons: "Powertrain probs, computer probs"

"have owned for less than 1 year. Have had PCM replaced twice. Headlight computer replaced. All new brakes and rotors. Been in garage 5 times now. Oil runs low constantly even though I am getting changed every 3 months. Not reliable. I love the interior and exterior and sliding doors! Love the stow and go. Kids love the back windows that roll all the way down. Roomy van and comfortable. Drives noisy and not smooth but normal for vans. I really hope we just got a lemon and not all are like this bc it really is a sharp looking van that I love to drive when it is problem free. We are looking into a new vehicle now."

Good vehicle for family with children

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Good price comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Minimal bells and whistles but has necessities"

"Reliable vehicle that is comfortable to drive long distances. Decent gas mileage. Overall ideal vehicle for family with children."

have had so many problems with this van

By on Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Do not buy.. especially if 2008!"

Worst Vehicle Made

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"We bought this van new in 2008. It gets terrible gas mileage, Dodge cannot make a fuel efficient vehicle, it has had way too many repairs to only have 50,000 miles on it, the engine uses oil and we have to take it to the dealership for them to check the oil consumption on the motor every 1000 miles, the interior is cheap made, the plastic rattles and breaks a lot. It has been in the shop several times for the transmission. I would not recommend a Dodge/Chrysler vehicle to anyone. This will certainly be our last. This truly is the worst vehicle we have ever owned."

The worst vehicle we have ever owned!

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"We bought this vehicle brand new with no miles on it. We have had so many problems with the van that my kids refuse to get in it to go 1 mile down the road because they are scared of it. We were on the freeway going about 70mph and the rear brakes locked up and my family almost ended up under a cemi. The van doesn't start and has left us stranded many times in the cold with no way to get home. I have the back cargo area filled with blankets just in case I get stuck with my kids running to the grocery store. I don't think this is a safe vehicle as we could have been killed in nemerous situations in this vehicle. If you care about your families safety buy a different vehicle. I wish I could get rid of this but Chrysler/Dodge has made sure that that won't happen. Make sure you buy from a company that stands behind it's products and doesn't try to pass the buck onto you, the consumer, who just spent thousands of your hard earned money on garbage."

needs help

By on Monday, September 06, 2010

"We have owned 5 chrysler/dodge/plymouth minivans. We have been satisfied with all except the 2008 Dodge. While it is a great riding and driving van it has a mysterious transmission problem. It sometimes gives a jolt when stopping at a signal or intersection and then dies. The transmission has also just jumped out of gear. Along with this sometimes the key won't come out. The dealer has been great but can't find answers. Of course the brakes wore out."

You have got to be kidding Me

By on Monday, August 02, 2010

"42000 miles: Had to do a complete front brake job including rotors at 27000. Sliding doors have been repaired 5 times. Had to have the shift lever mechanism replaced at 25000. Constant gas cap, check engine lights. The battery died 3 days after we brought it home. It's a lemon. I will never buy another Dodge product. The 2008 model change was a big let down. Reliability is bad....don't believe me? Check out consumer reports."

Don't buy!

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Wheel fell off at 50,000 miles. All five wheel studs broke and wheel came off while driving. Power door tracks broken. Power doors intermittently work. Brakes replaced twice and only at 52,000 miles. A/C hose broke. Was told by Dodge it was a recall fix. Dealer wouldn't do as recall and made me pay. Horrible gas mileage. Uncomfortable ride. I wouldn't recommed this vehicle to anyone."

BE CAREFUL

By on Monday, April 12, 2010

"I leased this car new in 2008. The transmission started slipping at 6,000 miles! The passenger side door locks quit working at 10,000 miles. I only get 16 mpg. Took to dealership to fix. Transmission is slipping again at about 16,000 miles. Also, now driver door locks don't work! A/C went out at 20,000 miles (or sooner--not sure since it was winter time). Both power sliding doors intermittently will not work. Took to dealership again. They lubed them--but they still do not work sometimes. I would NOT recommend this vehicle. I had a 2006 before this and never once had a problem."