2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,825 - $20,634.

10/6.8

6.9

Based on 294 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    6.9/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

LOVE OUR 2010 GRAND CARAVAN SE

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Price, comfort, dependability, safety"

Cons: "Zero"

"We love our van. bought new almost 2 years ago and use mostly for road trips. Grand kids love going places in the van. Has been used by 2 of our daughters for their trips also. Have had absolutely "no" problems with this vehicle. Love the stow n go and all the room. Have traveled with 7 passengers and luggage comfortably. Roomy, comfortable, reliable. Only service was our regular oil changes and get 28mpg highway. Not sure of city mpg since we don't use for a lot of city driving and have never really noticed (if mileage was very low, I would have noticed). We are very pleased with this car. We purchased the base model with only a few options. Saw where someone had problems with keys and cost $900 but when we purchased this van I had extra key made for our daughter and only cost $45. Have the sliding doors, not power, and my 3 year old grand daughter can easily open doors. Great protection with side curtain air bags in all rows."

The worst vehicle we have ever owned!

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"We bought this vehicle brand new with no miles on it. We have had so many problems with the van that my kids refuse to get in it to go 1 mile down the road because they are scared of it. We were on the freeway going about 70mph and the rear brakes locked up and my family almost ended up under a cemi. The van doesn't start and has left us stranded many times in the cold with no way to get home. I have the back cargo area filled with blankets just in case I get stuck with my kids running to the grocery store. I don't think this is a safe vehicle as we could have been killed in nemerous situations in this vehicle. If you care about your families safety buy a different vehicle. I wish I could get rid of this but Chrysler/Dodge has made sure that that won't happen. Make sure you buy from a company that stands behind it's products and doesn't try to pass the buck onto you, the consumer, who just spent thousands of your hard earned money on garbage."

have had so many problems with this van

By on Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Do not buy.. especially if 2008!"

love the looks

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "roomy, stow"

Cons: "Powertrain probs, computer probs"

"have owned for less than 1 year. Have had PCM replaced twice. Headlight computer replaced. All new brakes and rotors. Been in garage 5 times now. Oil runs low constantly even though I am getting changed every 3 months. Not reliable. I love the interior and exterior and sliding doors! Love the stow and go. Kids love the back windows that roll all the way down. Roomy van and comfortable. Drives noisy and not smooth but normal for vans. I really hope we just got a lemon and not all are like this bc it really is a sharp looking van that I love to drive when it is problem free. We are looking into a new vehicle now."

Good vehicle for family with children

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Good price comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Minimal bells and whistles but has necessities"

"Reliable vehicle that is comfortable to drive long distances. Decent gas mileage. Overall ideal vehicle for family with children."

Great Mini-Van

By on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"Have owned since new and have 16000 miles on it with no problems.Has plenty of power and room inside,love the stow away seats.Only complaint is the front brakes wear out to soon even under normal driving.Mechanic said he has changed out brakes at 10000 on a few ,he just told me I will need brakes very soon,lucky to get 16000 miles on them."

not as bad as some say

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"Had this 2009 SXT for 6 months now (7000 miles) and so far its as good as you can expect. Especially with the rebates, everyone can talk about honda and toyota but you are going to pay more money. I just wanted something I could get the seats out of the way quick, had enough storage and didnt really care if the kids spilled something and this fits perfect. Power is good (3.8), mielage in the city is pretty bad but highway is great. My main gripes are poor sound insulation, it almost sounds like the sliding door window is open, you can hear cars plain as day when they right next to you. A little sound deadener in those huge rear doors probbaly wouldnt hurt. That and the center seat cupholder thing, seems silly to have none there and thats where passengers sit mostly. The sliding doors do some weird things at times but they have the threshold set so light, for safety I assume) that if its parked on a hill or something falls in the track they do weird things. But I would rather have them act goofy one out of every 100 times then get out of the van and open the door to pick my kids up from school every day. Or when I'm walking away with an armload of stuff I dont want to put down to close the door.. Lot of complaints on the cheap plastic on the inside, its really no worse then a lot of other cars/trucks, its just the panels are so huge you have to notice it. Not a big deal to me at all. Seeing you can buy one of these (SXT) new for around 25K or so its a bargain in my opinion if you just want a practical car to go on trips with kids or not feel bad like a civic driver picking up a 50" TV from Sears. Perfect no, does the job, yes."

You have got to be kidding Me

By on Monday, August 02, 2010

"42000 miles: Had to do a complete front brake job including rotors at 27000. Sliding doors have been repaired 5 times. Had to have the shift lever mechanism replaced at 25000. Constant gas cap, check engine lights. The battery died 3 days after we brought it home. It's a lemon. I will never buy another Dodge product. The 2008 model change was a big let down. Reliability is bad....don't believe me? Check out consumer reports."

Don't buy!

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Wheel fell off at 50,000 miles. All five wheel studs broke and wheel came off while driving. Power door tracks broken. Power doors intermittently work. Brakes replaced twice and only at 52,000 miles. A/C hose broke. Was told by Dodge it was a recall fix. Dealer wouldn't do as recall and made me pay. Horrible gas mileage. Uncomfortable ride. I wouldn't recommed this vehicle to anyone."

BE CAREFUL

By on Monday, April 12, 2010

"I leased this car new in 2008. The transmission started slipping at 6,000 miles! The passenger side door locks quit working at 10,000 miles. I only get 16 mpg. Took to dealership to fix. Transmission is slipping again at about 16,000 miles. Also, now driver door locks don't work! A/C went out at 20,000 miles (or sooner--not sure since it was winter time). Both power sliding doors intermittently will not work. Took to dealership again. They lubed them--but they still do not work sometimes. I would NOT recommend this vehicle. I had a 2006 before this and never once had a problem."

Great vehicle, excellent on the road.

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "I love the vehicle."

Cons: "This is petty stuff!"

"Very good vehicle for daly use & road trips. excellent ride, comfortable seating and good fuel economy. Really don't have any critizism of the vehicle."

Many quality issues on parts.

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and versatile"

Cons: "Poor engineering standards, poor parts reliability"

"As an owner of these since 1989 over several different models, the 2008 model I have found to have many shortcomings not previously encountered, with what I consider to be serious parts quality issues. Front brake pads at 28K, and drums (described as too "thin to turn down"), Rear brake pads by 40K, now new front pads again, after only 23K, water in sliding door, short in some kind of spring sensor system in the steering column and even the tire mileage was pretty bad compared to previous models. I am literally afraid to drive this on a trip, afraid that it will break down on the road."

Love it!

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Comfort ok mileage for everything I haul."

Cons: "See above."

"I'm a 45 yr old male, I drive for a living in sales. This van rules, about 24-26 mpg at 80 to 100 mph all the time sometimes 8 to 10hrs straight drive time. Only down fall electronic transmission module makes it shift hard and or slip. From day one, not because of my high rate of speed attitude. Dodge wouldn't do anything about it, but this van still hauls and very reliable."

Great family car!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

"I have four kids, and this is a very comfortable and convenient vehicle. It gets great gas mileage! Very roomy and affordable!"

Great retirement vehicle

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Dual climate control."

Cons: "Black interior."

"My wife and I like to travel and it is comfortable with plenty of storage. On our last trip, which was over 4,600 miles, we got 25.5 mpg. That was actual, not the vehicles indicator."

Not the same van as before

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I just bought a 2012 Grand Caravan with the Crew package. The Grand Caravan has improved leaps and bounds compared to the older models. I have owed a 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE and have to say with much surprise this is a nicer van ever since they redesigned it. The new Pentastar engine is smoother and more powerful then my 3.3 V6 in the Toyota. I also am impressed with the handling and steering feel. I never thought I would own a Grand Caravan or another Dodge product but must say they are getting their quality back in line and fit and finish is first rate. The seats that folded into the floor looked uncomfortable but when I sat in them found them to be supportive and very comfortable. Take a look at the Grand Caravan, you will be surprised and end up saving about 5-7 thousand in the process compared to Honda and Toyota."

Great vehicle for kids

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Stow and go seating, DVD system for the kids."

Cons: "Bad Wheel bearings, brakes."

"Our 2009 has a DVD system and the kids love it! It drives and handles great, my wife is the primary driver and she loves it. We have had both front wheel bearings go out (replaced under warranty) and a rear wheel bearing just went out at 80,000 miles. Air conditoning had some warranty issues at 40,000 miles,and the brakes are definitly a poor lasting quality, they work great but ours wore out at around 40,000, all highway driving. Small electrical issues with the electric sliding doors. Overall very happy with unit."

Best Minivan on the market

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Dual dvds, rear passenger windows roll down!"

Cons: "Road noise!"

"We thought about an SUV but decided for the price we would try out our second van. That was the best decision we made. We have 3 boys and they love it. The dual dvd options is a must. It's has been great on both short and long trips. Typically 1 or 2 of the kids will bring a friend and we still have plenty of room. They love that the rear passenger windows roll down."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

"I love my van. I think it's more stylish than any of the other minivans out there and it has gotten me and the herd of children around just great with no mechanical problems for 3 years. Gas mileage is about the same for any 7 passenger vehicle, so I can't complain too much there. LOVE the stow and go seating! Makes life just a little bit easier. I recently got into an accident and my van kept me quite safe! Thank you!!!"

good for a goat van

By on Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Only van with fold flat seats for both 2nd & 3rd rows. That pretty much made the decision for me. I have the SXT with 4.0L engine and 6 speed transmission. My other minivan is a 2005 Honda Odyssey. The power/performance of the 4.0L caravan is comparable to Odyssey. Odyssey corners a little better. I test drove alot - The smaller caravan engines were miserable to drive. The 4.0L is way better. When driving careful, I get 19city and 26 highway. When driving less careful. I get 17city and 22 highway. Caravan GPS/radio layout, stereo sound, interior quality all kinda suck compared to the Odyssey. Remote start & power everyting help make up for it a little. Over all, I like the van. Wish it had all-wheel-drive."

Dodge 2008 a Big Disappointment

By on Friday, April 01, 2011

"We have always been Grand Caravan people. We have owned 8 of them throughout the years. The 2008 is the worst one we have ever had. The tires have been a continuing issue from the 3rd week of our owning the car until now. The brakes have been replaced countless time. There seems to be a return to a faulty design that was changed years ago, but they have gone back to for cost reduction or something. We are really not happy with the 2008 but are upside down in it so we cannot sell it yet. The cost of this one was 29K which was a lot more expensive than the others we had. We really decked this one out."

Don't Buy It!

By on Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Rides like the flatbed of a lumber wagon. All the lighting sure is pretty, but the overhead unit containing the lighting and entertainment rattles like nobody's business! Drives you crazy!! Cannot be fixed by the dealer either! I was told the whole thing is held up by plastic clips! Great engineering by Dodge! This was my first and last Dodge. I will be trading it in after only owning it a year to the day! I bought the decked out SXT. The navigation is so outdated and the upgrade is a whopping $200+! Radio volume sometimes works, sometimes not!!! Only had 30k miles when I bought it, thought how rough of shape could it be in? Now I know why it was traded so quickly!"

Should have gone with a honda or toyota

By on Tuesday, January 04, 2011

"The van is comfortable and it looks good, but the maintanace is expensive when it comes to the brakes and brake rotars, I had to replace the front rotars with about 30K o the van and just replaced the rear rotars at less than 50K total price $1500+. I use to have an 06 caravan never had any problems like that had over 60K and never had to change the rotars. Recommend you go with a honda or toyota. They are a little more expensive but in the long run you get a much better van. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!"

Good All Around Vehicle

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"If you need a vehicle that does it all at a reasonable level of economy this is your vehicle. Does so many things from run a small business, haul people, hall tons of stuff and accommodate big items when needed. Economy is better than a truck but more versitile than a car. Parts and repair items can be a little spendy and it isn't a gas sipper but it does the job fairly well. Especially great for a 1 car family. I like mine a quite a bit with 65k on it now. Handles wonderfully in all weather."

Great Van for the money

By on Monday, June 21, 2010

"I have been selling cars for 7 years and when my wife said lets look at the dodge van I said she was crazy. The wife won and after the first time I drove it I fell in love. The very large widshield is the best part. I really enjoy the adjustable gas pedals. I a 6'7" and I find this van comfortable. This is a hard comparison for the money."