2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,897 - $28,824.

10/6.9

6.7

Based on 242 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

7.3/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Cons: "Pile of junk"

"This van has given us nothing but trouble all we have done is put money into it because it has needed constant repairs! Will never buy one again!"

Good choice.

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

"Rides great. Fuel economy generally better than rated. Handles well. Lacks some features that I assumed were standard in almost every car today. You must turn the headlights on manually. No reading lights for middle or back row. Small details, but, overall the car meets every need and makes highway trips a relaxing way of life. Put 36,000 miles on in less than 2 years -- nary a problem."

Best vehicle ever.

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Pretty expensive"

Cons: "need running boards wife is handy-cap."

"This mini-van is really under rated hwy mileage at 65 mph is about 28- 30 mpg, but this crew model is loaded with a lot of options, like heated steering wheel, front and back seats shades in the windows his and her ac and heat control it has the 3.6 engine which delivers a lot of power, The only thing i have to do is change oil, The dealership I bought it from tales care of this mini-van. and they have all of the records."

Disapointed overall with vehicle

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, price"

Cons: "Road noise, cheap radio, early repairs"

"Bought vehicle with 28,000 miles on it. It had some electical/computer issues. Also one or both of the rear shocks needed to be replaced. It was taken back to dealer 2-3 times for warranty repairs before 36,000 miles. Has been OK since. Prior to buying this vehicle I owned a 2005 Grand Caravan SXT. The 2005 was much quieter on the road and had better accessories, radio/temp guages etc. I had new van undercoated and it is still noisy. The gas mileage is better on the 2012.I've had number of Grand Caravans over the years, don't know if I'll get another one."

Great reliable vehicle

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride, handles great."

Cons: "No service light under hood."

"Bought our 2009 Caravan new and in 5 years have had absolutely no issues with it. We also pull a 3500 lb trailer and sometimes almost forget about the trailer because it pulls it so effortlessly. Only money spent on it in 5 years have been oil changes, tires rotated, and car washes. Will replace with another Caravan when time comes."

I will never buy a Dodge again

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Interior conveniences are great"

Cons: "Terrible design - too costly to upkeep"

"This is the worst car I have ever purchased. I had to replace all the rotors within the first 6 months and it went downhill from there. I've spent $1500-$2000 a year replacing parts on this car due to faulty design. I spent 6 months taking the car back to the shop repeatedly due to a faulty wiring problem that the dealership couldn't fix. My car has 70,000 miles on it and I just found out that it needs a new transmission!! I am trading this awful car in for a Honda."

great van for the price

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "good gas milage"

Cons: "notthing bad to say about the van"

"Iam a chevy man at heart but my wife and i have had notthing but goodluck with our dodge vans this is the 4th van we have owned.My wife and I realy like and enjoy the van"

Comfortable, Roomy....

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Roomy and you sit up high."

Cons: "Not the best fuel mileage."

"This has been one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned and I've owned a vehicle since 1958. It is very comfortable and very practical. Despite it being in its 5th year, it still gets about 20mpg, which isn't super but it is steady and it is a large vehicle."

Great vehicle, excellent on the road.

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "I love the vehicle."

Cons: "This is petty stuff!"

"Very good vehicle for daly use & road trips. excellent ride, comfortable seating and good fuel economy. Really don't have any critizism of the vehicle."

my third dodge caravan and I love it

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

"This is my 3rd caravan and the best yet.Love the stow and go seats.Rides like a livingroom on wheels"

My 3rd Dodge Caravan. Can't stop going back.

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable seating, cargo room, versatile"

Cons: "Stow-n-go seats are difficult, should be automatic"

"Easy to maintain. Very comfortable seating and visibility. This one has a remote starter in it, as did all my others. Am afraid to think about trading down again but this is too much vehicle for one person."

very nice car

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "drives nice"

Cons: "n/a"

"very dependable car"

At went out at 49000 miles, very unhappy

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "Handling"

Cons: "Quality"

"3000+ for the repair"

The quality of the grand caravan has gone down

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "good price but has issues"

Cons: "engine noise on start up and annoying rattles"

"The Grand Caravan is probably the best priced minivan out there but the overall quality has gone down. I own a 2012 and the engine is noisy when it starts and there are numerous rattles and noises when you go over bumps. I had it in the shop about 5 times in less than 2 months and they still couldn't fix the rattles. I've owned Dodge minivans since 1994 (had 1994, 1998, 2005, and 2008 models) and have driven them all over 160K miles with no issues. I have been very happy with the Grand Caravan until I purchased the 2012. Based on my 2012 model I would not buy another Dodge vehicle."

Great family vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Functionality and price"

Cons: "almost none."

"We have a 4 year old and twins age 5 months. We have grown into this van, as we bought it new 3 years ago... very convenient getting kids in and out, including car seats, stroller, etc. The electric sliding doors on both sides are priceless as well as the electric hatch/gate. The stow and go seats provide flexibility for the occasionally needed extra space. We got ours on sale for $23000. What a bargain. Very few problems - remote keys wear out too soon, but under warranty for the first 3 years. mileage good for the size. We took it camping a couple times, loaded down and up steep grades. Plenty of power. Ive owned at least 20 cars in my life. This one has got to be one of the best buys I ever made."

Never Again!

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "entertainment package"

Cons: "electrical, leg room, etc...."

"I have a 2008 fully loaded, power everything. Spent $40,000 on the vehicle. It is in the shop ALL of the time. The electrical in this is terrible! Over the past 5 years I have had a rental, due to repairs, approx. 1 1/2 months. Sometimes for the same issues(ie. electric seats). We bought the swivel n' go, more fun for the kids. Not a lot of leg room in the back. I have 4 boys and as they have grown their legs are tangled up back there. This is not a car I will ever buy again. I should have bought a Suburban instead."

OUTSTANDING MINIVAN IS THIS THE FUTCER OF MINIVANS

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "non"

"AMAZING wow love it 6 years not one problom everyone should have one in there garage"

Stow and go seats are a dream.

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "19 mpg average ,16mpg city,24mpg hiway"

"SE version has just enough accessories to make it usable.Stow and go seats convert to a cargo van in 5 minutes or less.Horse power is just enough for quick acceleration and blending into freeway traffic."

love this vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"We love our 2008 Dodge Caravan. It is reliable and comfortable. We got pretty good mileage 23-26 mpg on the road, and this is fully loaded with all our things for a two month vacation. It is a little bit noisy inside on the highway, but not intolerable. We can still hear our music. We love sitting up higher and being able to see out of all the windows. We did add a blind spot mirror on the driver's side view mirror.It handles well on curves in the mountains. We would buy another Dodge Caravan."

Not Your Average Minivan

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Loads of power, good price point, kid friendly"

Cons: "DVD mid mounted screen, 3rd row seats, cheap tires"

"Many of us middle aged guys hate the prospect of buying a minivan; those large square boxes that lumber down the road, blocking lanes of traffic for miles. I always hated the idea of having to own a minivan, constantly looking at large SUVs and crossovers as the alternative. My wife and I were in total agreement; avoid the minivan at all costs. As we shopped, we looked at many vehicles from Toyota, Subaru, Ford, Chevy, VW, Nissan, Kia, and Dodge. We avoided looking at minivans, focusing on the crossovers and SUVs. We kept test driving them, and almost fully settled on the Ford Excursion, but we kept looking at the upfront price, then the years of gas tanks that would drain our pockets. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We then decided to look at minivans. We test drove several, but just did not like how they felt. We went back and test drove our primary alternative to the minivan, the Dodge Journey, but it just didn't seem roomy enough for our two little ones. Finally, we broke down and test drove a Dodge Grand Caravan. The handling was crisp, the power was impressive to say the least, and it had the roomy features we needed. For the features we were looking for, it had what we needed below the cost point we were looking at. The third row seating is a bit hard to get into, and are not as comfortable as the other seats in the van. It should also be noted that the third row seats have a rather steep slope to them, so getting out of them can also be a challenge. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Once we got our new Grand Caravan, we were hooked. Both my wife and I are drivers, as in we like power and agility over anything else. Being fans of the UK TopGear, we decided to run the van through test after test to see how it performed. Hands down, it was a jewel. Then there was a surprise, the whine and sudden whoosh from a waste gate dump as the van shifted under heavy acceleration. Could it be? More checking and a vin ID that indicated it was a "Sport Van" and not a minivan. This little minivan came equipped with a turbo charger! The lag on it was barely noticeable at first, until we began feeling for it. When the turbo kicks in, the power will nearly rip the steering wheel from your hands. This thing requires 2 hands to keep it under control under hard acceleration. This was a driver's minivan, not a soccer mom/dad minivan. Corvettes and sports cars were our new prey. We laughed at the bewildered looks of Corvette owners as we both launched off the stop light and we held neck-to-neck as both vehicles rapidly accelerated. A twin turbo charged Nissan Z owner, complete with racing modifications, hung their head in shame as a minivan held up against their tuner performance. We now loved this minivan on performance alone. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Now with the performance solidified, we looked at the other features that came packed in. The DVD entertainment system, with a single screen midline, was good for the kids, but hinders a little of the view through the rearview mirror. The backup camera is a definite must, and is very handy. We absolutely love the stow-n-go seating, which is proprietary to Dodge/Chrysler minivans. One of the first things we did was haul a couch in the back of the van, and it did it with the hatch closed! That leads into the excellent cargo capacity. With all seats folded down, you have a very nice and cavernous space to haul your goods in. Because of the proprietary stow-n-go seating, there is no need to physically remove and store the seats somewhere else. The audio system is very clean and clear, with a solid thump to the bass and crisp mids and highs. We did notice that the tires that are installed standard were not the best, as we had to replace the front tires at less than 16000 miles from all of the hard cornering and tire ripping performance. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There are very few items I would even consider a negative on this van. It has the pavement chewing performance that drivers want, and the utility and versatility that families need as they grow. There is no doubt, we are not the typical minivan owners, but as much as we hate them, we love this minivan!"

Good vehicle but with some issues

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "good price and comfortable"

Cons: "motor noise, A/c and wiring"

"What I have read on reviews from this vehicle and have had to deal with is the vans motor sounds and the air conditioning unit. My van sounds strong but some slight knocking with the engine, nothing is wrong with it from what the auto mechanic said but the noise isn't the quitest. Also this van is known to have A/c issues in which they are inexpensive except if its a wiring issue. This wan does not have a Chilton manual yet since its not the end of its line so you either have to look up your issues via google or pay $195 for the dealership service manual. Blower motor resistor ($25 from dealership or online) or the blower motor ($120-$175) are usually the issues in which if you repair it yourself its inexpensive. The wiring may be difficult to fix but if your tech savy you should be able to find the wires to the blower motor and replace or repair the ( wire stripping and reconnect redo connection areas). Remember to always disconnect the negative ( black) to the battery before you do any repairs on your vehicle to prevent shock or shorting out other things on your vehicle. Besides these issues I would say that the van is comfortable and I love it. If you want something that wont have issues for awhile I recommend getting a brand new vehicle."

It is a great family car.

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room love the stow and go"

Cons: "Driver seat middle chairs stowed"

"I was one of the .5of 1% that had the bad head on the new motor that Dodge put in it. I have had several little things break, but were fixed under warranty. Having some trim pieces starting to wrinkle and waiting to see what Dodge wants to do with it. Over all it has lots of power.I find the driver seat is very uncomfortable for long trips.I have the power seat."

Worst caravan i have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"This car needed brakes, rotors , or calibers or all three every six months. I did turn it into the lemon law and received my money back."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25