2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,893 - $19,523.

10/6.9

6.7

Based on 242 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

7.3/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

First minivan

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

"I love the ease of the stow and go! I love this van!"

2010 dodge grand caravan

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

"van is used all day for field serv in all conditions .Very realiable av 22mpg never had any problems.Oil changed every 3k.Ck rear brake pads every 20k."

Buy the Warrenty and the Extended Warrenty

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, comfortable, great for families,"

Cons: "shifting issues, in the shop often"

"This van is good value for the money but hopefully you live close to the dealership. You will more than likely take it to the dealership often unles you get lucky. I have a middle of the road model some luxuries but not all them. I do not have a power sliding doors nor would beause everytime I am given one as a rental when mine is in the shop the power doors fail opening in closing when they feel like it. I would opt to have a power lift gate because that sucker is heavy and I am not a small person. The cargo space is not very helpful if you have to use it for a storage. Amazing seat storage and kid view rear view mirror. Comfortable riding and steering. Overall pretty happy with the vehicle however, I have a shifting problem and at 4k miles my tranny had to have an over haul and then at 7k had to have another overhaul. Shortly after that that same shifting problem started occurring again and Dodge mysteriously could not find an issue with it so they erased the memory of the transmission. Then again the problem at about the 2 month mark again started having that same shifting problem and dodge couldnt find the problem again not sure how they could of on a 4 mile test drive and again they reset the tranny erasing its memory because of past problems not sure how that works. On a side not the Dodge representatives are working with me to correct the roblem and make things right"

Many quality issues on parts.

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and versatile"

Cons: "Poor engineering standards, poor parts reliability"

"As an owner of these since 1989 over several different models, the 2008 model I have found to have many shortcomings not previously encountered, with what I consider to be serious parts quality issues. Front brake pads at 28K, and drums (described as too "thin to turn down"), Rear brake pads by 40K, now new front pads again, after only 23K, water in sliding door, short in some kind of spring sensor system in the steering column and even the tire mileage was pretty bad compared to previous models. I am literally afraid to drive this on a trip, afraid that it will break down on the road."

Has been an excellent van.

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

"Always dependable and never had an issue with the van. The vans simply have a bad rap due to the soccor mom image. Great for vacations and around town. This is my third chrysler van and will not be my last. I perfer this to our second car, a 2012 sadan."

love the van with one exception

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "transmission and no compass...."

"I really like the van. the ride is very nice, and the seats are quite comfortable..you get alot of car for the money...my only complaint is the transmission...it is a 6-speed and you get alot of upshifts and downshifts, especially going up hills...I used to have a 2002 caravan with a 4-speed, and it was alot smoother...."

Cheap and Stylish but not the highest quality

By on Saturday, December 08, 2012

"Almost a year into our 2012 Grand Caravan and it's been treating us well. Gets decent MPG on the long hauls and you can't beat the stow-n-go seating. Starting in 2011 the Grand Caravan got a much needed styling update on the exterior and interior and it's a good looking van. The 3.6L V6 mated to the 6-speed auto has tons of power too. My complaints are that there are often interior rattles over bumps from unknown areas which get annoying (we also have a 2010 Sienna and it's silent over the same terrain). The 6-speed can also be annoying going up hills or slight grades... it seems to get confused. Aside from the few nuances it's a good rig for how much cheaper it is than the competition."

Pleasantly surprised by the dreaded minivan

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pros: "Everything. Seriously. It's awesome."

Cons: "I don't have leather seats."

"After a fruitless search for a brand new SUV that had all of the features, storage space and extra room for my growing family that we were used to with a price tag under 40K my husband suggested we look at the 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan. I've been a firm anti-minivan mom for years, but after researching online I finally agreed to test drive it. I bought it that day. We bought ours with every available option except for the towing package (my hubby has a truck) and the heater block thingy (we're too far south to need it) Even with all of the options, including dealer options & extra warranties, we paid less than KBB suggested so we got a great price, but honestly I would've paid more. It's a great value. Considering how many older models I see at the soccer field and in the carpool line I know that it's going to be reliable. The one thing that really surprised me was the interior and the quality of it. It doesn't look like your grandma's minivan. The interior has a stylish, clean look with lots of hidden storage. We love uconnect system - test it out on your test drive! The back-up camera is a necessity with a minivan & I use it all the time. My hubby said it reminds him of the new Dodge truck interior. The exterior is what it is - it's a minivan, but the chrome accents look good and the power doors, liftgate and remote start make other moms give it a second look. The adjustable blue accent lights in the interior -especially around the cup holders and in the roof make it easier to see what's what at night without distracting. My kids' favorite feature about the new minivan is that they have heated seats in the second row. The DVD player is fab too, especially since they can listen their movie with headphones & I don't have to hear it! lol! The stow-n-go is phenomenal. It's the perfect place to store blankets, toys, whatever. BUT if you need to run to the home improvement store or move a couch, fold the seats into stow-n-go, lay the 3rd row down and you're good to go. It's made my life a million times easier. We also really love the power options. I have 2 usb chargers & 2 traditional chargers up front & the kids have a traditional power outlet with ground which is driver controlled in the back (perfect for plugging in a laptop) The only things I think Dodge could improve would be to make the front seats a little more comfortable and give the passenger power adjustments. (Of course I switched from a luxury car to this so they may be better than most - I'm not sure) The driving dynamics were also an adjustment - this doesn't drive like my luxury car! But it handles & rides MUCH better than I ever expected a minivan to. Overall I love my 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew. We feel as though it was a great value and plan to continue to enjoy it for a few years."

Best price van in market for 2012!!!

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "Price/Look/ drivability"

Cons: "Re-sale value"

"I love this van so far 2012 SE Grand Caravan. I get 25 mpg on hwy. and 21 mpg city. I have 8500 miles on so far with no problems. I have purchased a 7 year/70k bumper to bumper extended with vehicle with a $100.00 deduct. For peace of mind. I have owed a 1985,1989,1998 and this 2012 Dodge Caravans. I also owned a 2004,2008 Kia sedona van. also a 1997 ford aerostar van. For the price on new Dodge Caravans it is the same as Kia why spend $3000.00 more for Kia with same options."

Very poor quality

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Great entertainment fetaures"

Cons: "Cheap body material. Hard on rotors"

"Very cheap materials used. Bumpers dent VERY easily. Headlights bend when washing them. Goes through rotors every 20,000 miles on average. Dealership mechanic commented that's just the "cheap dodge steel" whith rotor repair. Bells and whistles are nice but overall a dissapointing vehicle. Convenience and features definitely outweigh quality!"

run!

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "cheap - you pay for what you get!"

Cons: "cheap - like I said, you pay for what you get!"

"Wow,what a lemon! I own this vehicle and the list of recalls is staggaring! Constantly at the dealership for warranty work...it sounds like a transport truck, stalls in the rain, the entire brake system and front end have been redone. Wow. Now I call that reliable?!!!!!!!"

LOVE OUR 2010 GRAND CARAVAN SE

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Price, comfort, dependability, safety"

Cons: "Zero"

"We love our van. bought new almost 2 years ago and use mostly for road trips. Grand kids love going places in the van. Has been used by 2 of our daughters for their trips also. Have had absolutely "no" problems with this vehicle. Love the stow n go and all the room. Have traveled with 7 passengers and luggage comfortably. Roomy, comfortable, reliable. Only service was our regular oil changes and get 28mpg highway. Not sure of city mpg since we don't use for a lot of city driving and have never really noticed (if mileage was very low, I would have noticed). We are very pleased with this car. We purchased the base model with only a few options. Saw where someone had problems with keys and cost $900 but when we purchased this van I had extra key made for our daughter and only cost $45. Have the sliding doors, not power, and my 3 year old grand daughter can easily open doors. Great protection with side curtain air bags in all rows."

Good but not great

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "price, family friendly"

Cons: "drive train, paint, road noise"

"From a mom the video is great, stow-away - but it goes downhill from there. The road noise is awful, cracking paint, brakes, front-end.... Look elsewhere until Dodge fixes these issues. I hate to say it but, I will be steering away from the big three until they can put forth a van with good quality."

Best Vehicle I Ever Bought

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Safety!"

"I was in an accident with my family. Everyone is safe and sound due to this vehicle. I will buy another one!"

Great so far

By on Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Pros: "Great highway cruiser"

Cons: "Eats gas in town"

"Purchased this vehicle, 2011 GC Crew, over a year ago, 24000 miles including two cross country trips later I can now give a review of it. Pros: Comfortable cruiser Great highway mileage-over 27 mpg with 5 passengers and a cargo box on the roof Good stereo-for the kids music! Comfortable seating Good storage Easy to fold seats into floor to haul stuff, and we have a lot Cons: Not so great gas mileage in town17-20 Transmission shudders in reverse Lots of brake dust from rear wheels-foreshadowing? Light grey interior hard to keep clean"

Absolutely the worst car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "???"

Cons: "Worst car ever!! Avoid at all costs!!"

"We have had this car for nearly two years now, and it has been nothing but trouble. The engine light is constantly on and sometimes does not start. We brought the car to the dealer nearly weekly, and were told that they could not find the problem. After dozens of trips, they replaced one electronic component at a time until they finally replaced the entire electronic system computer and all. This was good for about 6 months, but now we are back to square one. Will be investigating our state's lemon law."

Great Utility Vehicle Improved Fuel Economy

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "great fuel economy, plenty of power"

Cons: "no compass"

"Bought my 5th Dodge GC SXT version with power driver seat and bluetooth hands free package. Very pleased with highway mileage just pushing 28 mpg at real highway speeds. Around town mileage drops to around 20 mpg depending on starts and stops. Fold and Go seating is great providing extra storage when seats are up, but not quite as comfortable as the more permanent seats. Middle seats will move back providing extra leg room and the power door windows are a needed add. Rear power vents now move together instead of independently, I guess that makes sense. Self-storing roof rack is an interesting feature, helping to streamline the vehicle. The engine provides plenty of power, so the van has a lot of get up and go, and manuevers well, kind of fun driving such a large vehicle. The overall design is a bit ho-hum, the light grey interior trim I don't get and what happened to the compass? I am currently having problems with the hands free feature with the bluetooth phone connection dropping regularly. Could be my phone, the unit or the operator. Overall I am very pleased with the vehicle."

not bad, but could hope for better gas mileage

By on Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "nothing bad to say, lol"

"no real complaints, enjoyable ride, for me anyway and i'm a pretty large guy"

Beware of Key Replacement and Major Headaches

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking and comfortable, Fair gas mileage"

Cons: "KEY FOB can be very costly in many ways."

"My major complaint about this van is the key system they use. The plastic key fobs for my van wore out very quickly and cost me almost $200.00 to replace. Also I had to have the van towed to a dealership to have the new keys made because the computer in the van needs to be reprogrammed to the new keys. When the towing service arrived my van had to be dragged out of the parking space, because you cannot put it in neutral if the key fob is not recognized by the computer.If your out on a trip remember this, these type of keys cannot be easily cut at your local hardware shop. and that is a major setback if you are out in the middle of nowhere and there is no dealership nearby. Another failure is there was no warning that the brake fluid was a little low and while coming down some steep hills in West Va. the brakes gave out with no warning whatsoever, I had to apply emergency brakes and downshift to keep from crashing. When we came to a stop it was then that the brake warning light came on."

Another minivan achievement by Dodge

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Extremely practical while also riding like a dream"

Cons: "Electric doors"

"Overall this vehicle is perfect for a family with small children. It's sto-n-go features are extremely useful. There is a great deal of room in the vehicle. Though practical it rides very comfortably and the inside space is quite comfortable as well. Too many electrical gadgets for me but I am a little older. Sto-n-go is definitely the best feature I have ever had in any minivan."

Good at what it does- very versatile and practical

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "practical, very versatile,"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"This has been a good all around vehicle for what we bought it for- hauling kids around and taking road trips. The stow-n-go system is awesome! One person can easily convert it from a 7 passenger van to a 2 passenger cargo hauler. The seats fold flat into the floor leaving an expansive cargo area. When the seats are up, there is a hidden storage area under the floor large enough to hold two full size suitcases. Other plusses- the optional DVD system is easy to use and has held up well, acceleration is great (4.0 V-6) and it actually handles OK for a minivan. On the downside, it has has a couple of recalls (brakes and ignition key) which were handled by the local dealer in one day. It also gulps gas. I did not expect great mileage, but it is worse than I thought it would be. Despite this issues, it has been a great vehicle for what it was designed to do. Very happy with it overall."

Some problems

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Interior, Sliding doors, stow 'n' go"

Cons: "starting to fall apart after only 2.5 years"

"Love the interior and all the options - but we have already had to replace the breaks approx $900 and those had to be replaced about 45 days later but they were under warrenty, the automatic sliding doors have had issues - had to replace parts (after warrenty expired) cost approx $500 and the biggest headache was the electronic issues - all the "dummy" lights would flash on and all the gages would drop to zero (e.g. fuel, speedomitor) It took months to get fixed and ended up costing close to $3000. But I love the van - it fits our busy lifestyle -just hope all the problems are behind us. This is my second Grand Caravan and third Dodge vehicle but I'm not too sure if my next vehicle will be a Dodge - still on the fence....."

love the looks

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "roomy, stow"

Cons: "Powertrain probs, computer probs"

"have owned for less than 1 year. Have had PCM replaced twice. Headlight computer replaced. All new brakes and rotors. Been in garage 5 times now. Oil runs low constantly even though I am getting changed every 3 months. Not reliable. I love the interior and exterior and sliding doors! Love the stow and go. Kids love the back windows that roll all the way down. Roomy van and comfortable. Drives noisy and not smooth but normal for vans. I really hope we just got a lemon and not all are like this bc it really is a sharp looking van that I love to drive when it is problem free. We are looking into a new vehicle now."

Love it!

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Comfort ok mileage for everything I haul."

Cons: "See above."

"I'm a 45 yr old male, I drive for a living in sales. This van rules, about 24-26 mpg at 80 to 100 mph all the time sometimes 8 to 10hrs straight drive time. Only down fall electronic transmission module makes it shift hard and or slip. From day one, not because of my high rate of speed attitude. Dodge wouldn't do anything about it, but this van still hauls and very reliable."

Fuel mileage is poor

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "nice ride plenty of room"

Cons: "very poor gas mileage"

"You would think by now Dodge/American car makers would do something about the poor mileage by now. All through the vehicle has less then 8,000 miles on it,"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25