2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.8

Based on 258 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    6.9/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

Very poor quality

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Great entertainment fetaures"

Cons: "Cheap body material. Hard on rotors"

"Very cheap materials used. Bumpers dent VERY easily. Headlights bend when washing them. Goes through rotors every 20,000 miles on average. Dealership mechanic commented that's just the "cheap dodge steel" whith rotor repair. Bells and whistles are nice but overall a dissapointing vehicle. Convenience and features definitely outweigh quality!"

run!

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "cheap - you pay for what you get!"

Cons: "cheap - like I said, you pay for what you get!"

"Wow,what a lemon! I own this vehicle and the list of recalls is staggaring! Constantly at the dealership for warranty work...it sounds like a transport truck, stalls in the rain, the entire brake system and front end have been redone. Wow. Now I call that reliable?!!!!!!!"

LOVE OUR 2010 GRAND CARAVAN SE

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Price, comfort, dependability, safety"

Cons: "Zero"

"We love our van. bought new almost 2 years ago and use mostly for road trips. Grand kids love going places in the van. Has been used by 2 of our daughters for their trips also. Have had absolutely "no" problems with this vehicle. Love the stow n go and all the room. Have traveled with 7 passengers and luggage comfortably. Roomy, comfortable, reliable. Only service was our regular oil changes and get 28mpg highway. Not sure of city mpg since we don't use for a lot of city driving and have never really noticed (if mileage was very low, I would have noticed). We are very pleased with this car. We purchased the base model with only a few options. Saw where someone had problems with keys and cost $900 but when we purchased this van I had extra key made for our daughter and only cost $45. Have the sliding doors, not power, and my 3 year old grand daughter can easily open doors. Great protection with side curtain air bags in all rows."

Good but not great

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "price, family friendly"

Cons: "drive train, paint, road noise"

"From a mom the video is great, stow-away - but it goes downhill from there. The road noise is awful, cracking paint, brakes, front-end.... Look elsewhere until Dodge fixes these issues. I hate to say it but, I will be steering away from the big three until they can put forth a van with good quality."

Best Vehicle I Ever Bought

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Safety!"

"I was in an accident with my family. Everyone is safe and sound due to this vehicle. I will buy another one!"

Great so far

By on Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Pros: "Great highway cruiser"

Cons: "Eats gas in town"

"Purchased this vehicle, 2011 GC Crew, over a year ago, 24000 miles including two cross country trips later I can now give a review of it. Pros: Comfortable cruiser Great highway mileage-over 27 mpg with 5 passengers and a cargo box on the roof Good stereo-for the kids music! Comfortable seating Good storage Easy to fold seats into floor to haul stuff, and we have a lot Cons: Not so great gas mileage in town17-20 Transmission shudders in reverse Lots of brake dust from rear wheels-foreshadowing? Light grey interior hard to keep clean"

Absolutely the worst car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "???"

Cons: "Worst car ever!! Avoid at all costs!!"

"We have had this car for nearly two years now, and it has been nothing but trouble. The engine light is constantly on and sometimes does not start. We brought the car to the dealer nearly weekly, and were told that they could not find the problem. After dozens of trips, they replaced one electronic component at a time until they finally replaced the entire electronic system computer and all. This was good for about 6 months, but now we are back to square one. Will be investigating our state's lemon law."

Great Utility Vehicle Improved Fuel Economy

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "great fuel economy, plenty of power"

Cons: "no compass"

"Bought my 5th Dodge GC SXT version with power driver seat and bluetooth hands free package. Very pleased with highway mileage just pushing 28 mpg at real highway speeds. Around town mileage drops to around 20 mpg depending on starts and stops. Fold and Go seating is great providing extra storage when seats are up, but not quite as comfortable as the more permanent seats. Middle seats will move back providing extra leg room and the power door windows are a needed add. Rear power vents now move together instead of independently, I guess that makes sense. Self-storing roof rack is an interesting feature, helping to streamline the vehicle. The engine provides plenty of power, so the van has a lot of get up and go, and manuevers well, kind of fun driving such a large vehicle. The overall design is a bit ho-hum, the light grey interior trim I don't get and what happened to the compass? I am currently having problems with the hands free feature with the bluetooth phone connection dropping regularly. Could be my phone, the unit or the operator. Overall I am very pleased with the vehicle."

not bad, but could hope for better gas mileage

By on Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "nothing bad to say, lol"

"no real complaints, enjoyable ride, for me anyway and i'm a pretty large guy"

Beware of Key Replacement and Major Headaches

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking and comfortable, Fair gas mileage"

Cons: "KEY FOB can be very costly in many ways."

"My major complaint about this van is the key system they use. The plastic key fobs for my van wore out very quickly and cost me almost $200.00 to replace. Also I had to have the van towed to a dealership to have the new keys made because the computer in the van needs to be reprogrammed to the new keys. When the towing service arrived my van had to be dragged out of the parking space, because you cannot put it in neutral if the key fob is not recognized by the computer.If your out on a trip remember this, these type of keys cannot be easily cut at your local hardware shop. and that is a major setback if you are out in the middle of nowhere and there is no dealership nearby. Another failure is there was no warning that the brake fluid was a little low and while coming down some steep hills in West Va. the brakes gave out with no warning whatsoever, I had to apply emergency brakes and downshift to keep from crashing. When we came to a stop it was then that the brake warning light came on."

Another minivan achievement by Dodge

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Extremely practical while also riding like a dream"

Cons: "Electric doors"

"Overall this vehicle is perfect for a family with small children. It's sto-n-go features are extremely useful. There is a great deal of room in the vehicle. Though practical it rides very comfortably and the inside space is quite comfortable as well. Too many electrical gadgets for me but I am a little older. Sto-n-go is definitely the best feature I have ever had in any minivan."

Good at what it does- very versatile and practical

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "practical, very versatile,"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"This has been a good all around vehicle for what we bought it for- hauling kids around and taking road trips. The stow-n-go system is awesome! One person can easily convert it from a 7 passenger van to a 2 passenger cargo hauler. The seats fold flat into the floor leaving an expansive cargo area. When the seats are up, there is a hidden storage area under the floor large enough to hold two full size suitcases. Other plusses- the optional DVD system is easy to use and has held up well, acceleration is great (4.0 V-6) and it actually handles OK for a minivan. On the downside, it has has a couple of recalls (brakes and ignition key) which were handled by the local dealer in one day. It also gulps gas. I did not expect great mileage, but it is worse than I thought it would be. Despite this issues, it has been a great vehicle for what it was designed to do. Very happy with it overall."

Some problems

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Interior, Sliding doors, stow 'n' go"

Cons: "starting to fall apart after only 2.5 years"

"Love the interior and all the options - but we have already had to replace the breaks approx $900 and those had to be replaced about 45 days later but they were under warrenty, the automatic sliding doors have had issues - had to replace parts (after warrenty expired) cost approx $500 and the biggest headache was the electronic issues - all the "dummy" lights would flash on and all the gages would drop to zero (e.g. fuel, speedomitor) It took months to get fixed and ended up costing close to $3000. But I love the van - it fits our busy lifestyle -just hope all the problems are behind us. This is my second Grand Caravan and third Dodge vehicle but I'm not too sure if my next vehicle will be a Dodge - still on the fence....."

love the looks

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "roomy, stow"

Cons: "Powertrain probs, computer probs"

"have owned for less than 1 year. Have had PCM replaced twice. Headlight computer replaced. All new brakes and rotors. Been in garage 5 times now. Oil runs low constantly even though I am getting changed every 3 months. Not reliable. I love the interior and exterior and sliding doors! Love the stow and go. Kids love the back windows that roll all the way down. Roomy van and comfortable. Drives noisy and not smooth but normal for vans. I really hope we just got a lemon and not all are like this bc it really is a sharp looking van that I love to drive when it is problem free. We are looking into a new vehicle now."

Love it!

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Comfort ok mileage for everything I haul."

Cons: "See above."

"I'm a 45 yr old male, I drive for a living in sales. This van rules, about 24-26 mpg at 80 to 100 mph all the time sometimes 8 to 10hrs straight drive time. Only down fall electronic transmission module makes it shift hard and or slip. From day one, not because of my high rate of speed attitude. Dodge wouldn't do anything about it, but this van still hauls and very reliable."

Fuel mileage is poor

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "nice ride plenty of room"

Cons: "very poor gas mileage"

"You would think by now Dodge/American car makers would do something about the poor mileage by now. All through the vehicle has less then 8,000 miles on it,"

awesome car

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

"best american deal yet"

Lots of problem from the very beginning

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

"This van is good on distance and gas. However, there have been several recalls and shortly after I purchased it the tramission lock up when I took it in for an oil change. It sounds like the front wheels are coming off but whenever I take it to the shop they can never find anything. Very noisy."

Knocking Transmission, cheap fake leather

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

"i was happy first i got 2012 RT until my eyes open.. they sale this car leather seat but its not.. there is a piece of leather 10inch x 10inch seat area and back other sides matched vinly ,they use to make full leather. When you drive economic mode the transmission knocking. u wont be able to save gas without econ mode. 12/17.5 mpg aaprox w/o econ . navigation (430n RHR) wont find any thing closer to you when u voice command. I hate that blocking video in motion and typing in motion they might add some agrement button for own risk.. u may have better mini van adding $25 more monthly. i mean when u go to dealer open your eyes double dont be blind dont fall in love like me.."

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "great vehicle"

Cons: "couldn't ask for a better operating or looking veh"

"would recommend this vehicle to anyone"

Bad brakes

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Great to pack things in"

Cons: "Spent lots of money on repairs"

"About to put the 4th set of brakes on this van with only 44900 miles. The AC and heater has not worked correctly since we bought it. There has been several recalls on the 2008 van. I do not recommend buying the 2008 Dodge caravan. It's a money pit."

DOES WHAT WE BOUGHT IT FOR, BUT WOULD SPEND MORE N

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "BRAUM DID A GREAT JOB ON THE CONVERSION"

Cons: "ROAD NOISE WORSE THAN A CONVERTABLE"

"MY WIFE RIDES A WHEELCHAIR WHEN SHE IS UP. WE HAVE A BRAUM CONVERION VAN. THIS ADDS SPECIAL PROBLEMS TO THE VEHICLE. OUR PROBLEMS ARE MOSTLY THAT THEY DID A POOR JOB MAKING IT. I DRIVE A MIATA, I HAVE LESS ROAD NOISE THAN THE VAN. THERE IS A TIRE LIGHT THAT GOES OFF AND ON FOR NO REASON.WE HAVE WATER IN THE FRONT DOORS. THE SLIDING DOORS WORK WHEN THEY WANT TOO. DRIVING AND HANDLING IS LIKE ANY FULL SIZED PICKUP THAT IS 10-15 YEARS OLD. FAIR. OUR CHEVY COLORADO DRIVES MUCH BETTER. GAS MILEAGE FAIR. I OUR NEXT CONVERSION VAN WILL NOT BE A CHRYSLER PRODUCT"

I love this van!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "easy to load, easy access in or out"

Cons: "angle of rear bench seat"

"We are older with 9 grandchildren. This is definitely a 'family van' as everyone uses it for vacations! We love the VES (and wireless headphones) nearly as much as the grandchildren. What would I change? Swivel n go seats to stow n go. That is it! We love it just the way it is - cargo room, etc. EXCEPT 1)the rear bench seat - it is at such as odd angle, and 2)no alert if the front passenger seat belt is not in use. Minor, minor in comparison to what we love - what the 7 yr old triplets love, what 17 yr old Mike loves (although his dad has flashbacks :( from the old conversion van days when he drives it)what Nana loves when she loads carseats OR sewing machines. And the toddlers who get buckled in and point to the video screens! It is our family "Go Car", and has been used after go cart and ATV accidents to take the guys - and their crutches - home from the hospital and to their PT! Multi-use and easy access in and out!"

Definetly not made to be a long term car.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "OK Drive, Stowing Seats"

Cons: "White Headliner"

"The Car drives fine, it's comfortable for long trips etc....all that is fine. My issue with the care is that I've now owned a Jeep and a Dodge and I'm amazed at the amount of parts and go out, fail and have to be replaced on both them. My other car is 2004 Honda Element with 95K miles that hasn't even go in for it's first turn up yet and the only thing that I've replaced are the tires, brake pads and 1 front running light. The Caravan started breaking it's trips to the service department at 5k miles with the steering pin came undone, air conditioning has gone out, it's on it's 2nd power steering hose because of leaking, it's 3rd set of front rotors and pads and second set of rear rotors and pads. Scheduled in tomorrow for a new appointment because a thermostate is out and the power steering hose is leaking again, all this by 41k. Unfortunately it's worthless as a trade in, trust me I've tried, I can't get enough from Honda, Toyota or Volkswagen to get in to a New Van, so for now I'm stuck with it."

Good vehicle for family with children

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Good price comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Minimal bells and whistles but has necessities"

"Reliable vehicle that is comfortable to drive long distances. Decent gas mileage. Overall ideal vehicle for family with children."