2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.8

Based on 258 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    6.9/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

This baby does it all, yes it's a minivan but wow!

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "Value, Cargo Space!"

Cons: "Its still a minivan."

"I personally was never going to EVER buy a minivan, because frankly they are about as boring as watching CSPAN at 2AM. Yes I have done that to put me to sleep! I rented this 2012 and then 2013 for 2 cross country trips and it turned me into a full convert. These things can do it ALL that SUV's can't with better MPG. Sure some of the styling of SUV's can be "cooler," but Dodge played it smart in 14 with the blackout package. That was the final straw for me to pull the trigger and buy. Love it!! You get R/T looks at an SE price. I absolutely love what they have done with the styling of the GC 30th Anny for 14. The blackout package was not merely "putting lipstick on a pig." It added the sense of, "yeah it's ok for a guy to drive this completely functional vehicle." Love the fact that I can have all the seats down in less than 5 mins and boom - cargo van. Then switch over just as fast to hauling the kiddos. The versatility of GC can't be beat. Disclaimer- I am partial to Dodge after having a 2001 Dakota for years and I personally would never buy a vehicle in which the worker wasn't treated fairly. I am 100% partial to American originated cars. I know these are made in Canada, but the real $ stays here, not vice versa like some imports that are merely "assembled" here. Never liked the look of the competitors imports anyway. My opinion, buy it, you'll love it."

Wonderful, carefree vehicle with room and comfort

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "economical, roomy, high off road, low maintenance"

Cons: "resale value low, too few cup holders,"

"We have purchased three grand caravans in succession (every 5-6 years) and have thoroughly enjoyed each one. We plan to buy a fourth soon."

Price i paid was ok for private sale

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "great price, lots of utility, great warranty."

Cons: "Reliability concerns"

"Vehicle had transmission work after noticing loud noise during shifting but this was covered under warranty as was the leaky intake manifold gasket. Has had repair for malfunctioning EVAP canister which cost 40 bucks. Van sat for 8 months before i purchased but price was right and frankly i did expect to put a little money into it because it sat so long. Rides well and is excellent family hauler. I would and am considering trading this van in for new one."

EVERYTHING you could ask for in a Family vehicle!

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Miles per gallon, comfort & conveniences, storage"

Cons: "???"

"From the moment we drove off the lot I have been spoiled rotten by this vehicle. Having little ones... I could never go back to anything else. Push button to open and close doors and cargo. Makes school pick up and drop offs a breeze. Unloading and loading babies is super simple. It drives and handles like a sports car. When I need it to move, it MOVES! :) And the gas mileage... AWESOME!!! We just averaged 27 mpg on our last tank which was a combination of travel and touring through our vacation town. We have gotten up to 29 mpg on a freeway trip which blows us away. You do have to drive it kindly to get that, but we have been in love with this vehicle. The kiddos love it too! And all of the stow and go storage space... don't even get me started. Our family of five just went on a week long trip. The luggage and gear that we took filled our front room. By the time daddy got it loaded in the van we all still fit in comfortably with everything tucked in neatly. The rear two rows of seats all fold in so simply so I have been able to switch from hauling a car full of kiddos to a van filled with furniture. It does it all. I LOVE THIS VAN!!!"

Love the stow and go seats

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Stow and go seats a great feature"

"Great pick up in traffic and on highway. 26 MPG on highway very good."

Best buy

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Horsepower, space, flexability, highway mpg"

Cons: "Rear View mirror...too small."

"2013 AVP with Stow & Go. Very happy with 25 mpg at 70 mph with a/c turned on. 22 mpg mixed city and highway. Can tow 3600lb small trailer with lot of power but only 17 mpg. 68 year old but feel good after driving 450 mile per day. 25 bags of mulch inside with no problem."

very good reliable van

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Reason: want suv

Pros: "have had vans since 1976 this one of the best"

Cons: "dash lite telling if tire needs air (really??????)"

"excellent but need smaller vehicle"

Financially great

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

"I bought my first Dodge Caravan in 1987 and have driven nothing else since. I have used these to transport students to and from school and school activities as a contractor and to transport my own children and grandchildren. I have driven MANY miles. We have traveled the East Coast many times. From Main to Florida, NY to Ohio. We get great gas mileage, the comfort when traveling is great and the storage space is awesome. I have put as many as 210,000 miles some of them with little or no major repairs needed."

2013 sxt Great Van with a few shortcomings

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Power baby, Power"

Cons: "Quirky transmission"

"Pros: 1)A Ton of Power! This ain't your momma's minivan, this van can take on the best with its pickup and power. 2)Stow and Go is great, very convenient. 3)Highway mileage is awesome. You can get about 34 mpg traveling at 55mph on flat highway, 4)I use this van for business purposes and the power doors are very useful. 5) Interior dash is solidly built 6) Good crash test ratings Cons: 1) Transmission is really quirky, I don't like. 2) Highway mileage is awesome, however city mpg is pathetic. On hilly terrain in stop and go traffic 13 mpg 3)Boring appearance, but then again it is a minivan. In all great for my purposes. I purchased used @ 44,000 miles and have put 12,000 miles on it with no problems. Really a great highway or travel van."

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan - Great Reliable Car

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "great price, reliable, good mileage"

"Got this as a rental car for 10 days and put 1,400 miles on it in that time. Over the time, it was remarkably reliable. air conditioning was ice cold in 108 degree temperatures. The car is very spacious and has many compartments for holding and storing things which is a plus. if we were in the market for a new minivan the 2014 grand caravan would be at the top of the list for sure."