2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.9

Based on 314 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10

Pleasantly surprised by the dreaded minivan

By on Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pros: "Everything. Seriously. It's awesome."

Cons: "I don't have leather seats."

"After a fruitless search for a brand new SUV that had all of the features, storage space and extra room for my growing family that we were used to with a price tag under 40K my husband suggested we look at the 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan. I've been a firm anti-minivan mom for years, but after researching online I finally agreed to test drive it. I bought it that day. We bought ours with every available option except for the towing package (my hubby has a truck) and the heater block thingy (we're too far south to need it) Even with all of the options, including dealer options & extra warranties, we paid less than KBB suggested so we got a great price, but honestly I would've paid more. It's a great value. Considering how many older models I see at the soccer field and in the carpool line I know that it's going to be reliable. The one thing that really surprised me was the interior and the quality of it. It doesn't look like your grandma's minivan. The interior has a stylish, clean look with lots of hidden storage. We love uconnect system - test it out on your test drive! The back-up camera is a necessity with a minivan & I use it all the time. My hubby said it reminds him of the new Dodge truck interior. The exterior is what it is - it's a minivan, but the chrome accents look good and the power doors, liftgate and remote start make other moms give it a second look. The adjustable blue accent lights in the interior -especially around the cup holders and in the roof make it easier to see what's what at night without distracting. My kids' favorite feature about the new minivan is that they have heated seats in the second row. The DVD player is fab too, especially since they can listen their movie with headphones & I don't have to hear it! lol! The stow-n-go is phenomenal. It's the perfect place to store blankets, toys, whatever. BUT if you need to run to the home improvement store or move a couch, fold the seats into stow-n-go, lay the 3rd row down and you're good to go. It's made my life a million times easier. We also really love the power options. I have 2 usb chargers & 2 traditional chargers up front & the kids have a traditional power outlet with ground which is driver controlled in the back (perfect for plugging in a laptop) The only things I think Dodge could improve would be to make the front seats a little more comfortable and give the passenger power adjustments. (Of course I switched from a luxury car to this so they may be better than most - I'm not sure) The driving dynamics were also an adjustment - this doesn't drive like my luxury car! But it handles & rides MUCH better than I ever expected a minivan to. Overall I love my 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew. We feel as though it was a great value and plan to continue to enjoy it for a few years."

Great Utility Vehicle Improved Fuel Economy

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "great fuel economy, plenty of power"

Cons: "no compass"

"Bought my 5th Dodge GC SXT version with power driver seat and bluetooth hands free package. Very pleased with highway mileage just pushing 28 mpg at real highway speeds. Around town mileage drops to around 20 mpg depending on starts and stops. Fold and Go seating is great providing extra storage when seats are up, but not quite as comfortable as the more permanent seats. Middle seats will move back providing extra leg room and the power door windows are a needed add. Rear power vents now move together instead of independently, I guess that makes sense. Self-storing roof rack is an interesting feature, helping to streamline the vehicle. The engine provides plenty of power, so the van has a lot of get up and go, and manuevers well, kind of fun driving such a large vehicle. The overall design is a bit ho-hum, the light grey interior trim I don't get and what happened to the compass? I am currently having problems with the hands free feature with the bluetooth phone connection dropping regularly. Could be my phone, the unit or the operator. Overall I am very pleased with the vehicle."

Great retirement vehicle

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Dual climate control."

Cons: "Black interior."

"My wife and I like to travel and it is comfortable with plenty of storage. On our last trip, which was over 4,600 miles, we got 25.5 mpg. That was actual, not the vehicles indicator."

Safe

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"My family and I were just involved in a head on collision. Other than minor sprains and bruises we are fine. This vehicle did its job and protected its passengers, which were two adults in front and a 6 and 3 year old in back. We walked away from a potentially fatal impact."

love the van with one exception

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "transmission and no compass...."

"I really like the van. the ride is very nice, and the seats are quite comfortable..you get alot of car for the money...my only complaint is the transmission...it is a 6-speed and you get alot of upshifts and downshifts, especially going up hills...I used to have a 2002 caravan with a 4-speed, and it was alot smoother...."

Not what I thought

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Reason: Quality and not my type of vehicle

Pros: "Space, Storage, captain chairs, free oil changes"

Cons: "Quality, rough drive, Poor gas mileage"

"This minivan is great on space! Liked the captains chairs for the kids...easy in and out! Great storage , especially for strollers, etc... And the third row seat is great for extra seats.. Although the reliability is a bit concerning. Within the first year brakes almost didn't pass first year inspection. Had a recall fixed, and it made the problem worse. It drove very rough and jerky. The gas mileage is is not so great, either. To say the least, traded it in a year and a half later, for a different make of car, I am disappointed in the quality of dodge vehicles and will not buy another dodge."

Can't wait to trade!!

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Convienience with kids"

Cons: "EVERYTHING ELSE"

"I HATE this car! My van has 30,324 miles on it (2.5 years old) and we have put FOUR, yes four, sets of new brakes and rotors on the vehicle! There is a sqealing in the fan motor that no one can seem to diagnose and dodge service at two different dealerships has been absolutely horrible. I will NEVER, EVER own a Dodge again!!"

Not Reliable

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"This vehicle is very comforable, but not at all reliable. The my gig system is TERRIBLE, they had to replace my whole system once and am still having problems with the new one. I have also had to have the transmission completely redone because of stalling issues. I had the van only 4 months and it has been in the shop a total of about 40 days."

Bad transmissions

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "a lot of room, easy to drive"

Cons: "transmissions, wheel bearings, gear shifter"

"Have put in a new transmission every 30,000 miles, have had 3 set of wheel bearings put on, have had to have the dash removed and a new gear shifter put on. I have 88,000 miles on it. Unless I got the 1 lemon not my choice of a good vehicle. I do like the room and the fact that the seats fold down into the floor. Great for family if only not a lemon."

BE CAREFUL

By on Monday, April 12, 2010

"I leased this car new in 2008. The transmission started slipping at 6,000 miles! The passenger side door locks quit working at 10,000 miles. I only get 16 mpg. Took to dealership to fix. Transmission is slipping again at about 16,000 miles. Also, now driver door locks don't work! A/C went out at 20,000 miles (or sooner--not sure since it was winter time). Both power sliding doors intermittently will not work. Took to dealership again. They lubed them--but they still do not work sometimes. I would NOT recommend this vehicle. I had a 2006 before this and never once had a problem."

Do not buy

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"I bought this van new in November 2007. I have had a new transmission, 2 new air conditioner pumps, new wheel bearings, new entertainment system, new stow and go back seat, a pinging sound that won't stop, electric doors that won't shut all the time, and a engine that burns all the oil out before the next oil change is up (and they say this is normal). Do not buy this van it is terrible!"

Good enough

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I have only had this van for a month. Bought it used. It has 8,000 Miles on it. The Transmission has clunked on three occasions and has an occasional "bounce" feeling to the transmission. Like it is loose. Had one Major loud clunking when I was backing out of my garage. From park to reverse. It is in the shop now. This is scay since I am planning a long trip."

Financially great

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

"I bought my first Dodge Caravan in 1987 and have driven nothing else since. I have used these to transport students to and from school and school activities as a contractor and to transport my own children and grandchildren. I have driven MANY miles. We have traveled the East Coast many times. From Main to Florida, NY to Ohio. We get great gas mileage, the comfort when traveling is great and the storage space is awesome. I have put as many as 210,000 miles some of them with little or no major repairs needed."

My 3rd Dodge Caravan. Can't stop going back.

By on Friday, October 4, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable seating, cargo room, versatile"

Cons: "Stow-n-go seats are difficult, should be automatic"

"Easy to maintain. Very comfortable seating and visibility. This one has a remote starter in it, as did all my others. Am afraid to think about trading down again but this is too much vehicle for one person."

Great so far

By on Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Pros: "Great highway cruiser"

Cons: "Eats gas in town"

"Purchased this vehicle, 2011 GC Crew, over a year ago, 24000 miles including two cross country trips later I can now give a review of it. Pros: Comfortable cruiser Great highway mileage-over 27 mpg with 5 passengers and a cargo box on the roof Good stereo-for the kids music! Comfortable seating Good storage Easy to fold seats into floor to haul stuff, and we have a lot Cons: Not so great gas mileage in town17-20 Transmission shudders in reverse Lots of brake dust from rear wheels-foreshadowing? Light grey interior hard to keep clean"

Love it!

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "Comfort ok mileage for everything I haul."

Cons: "See above."

"I'm a 45 yr old male, I drive for a living in sales. This van rules, about 24-26 mpg at 80 to 100 mph all the time sometimes 8 to 10hrs straight drive time. Only down fall electronic transmission module makes it shift hard and or slip. From day one, not because of my high rate of speed attitude. Dodge wouldn't do anything about it, but this van still hauls and very reliable."

Lots of space..good handling for this size vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "If it doesn't fit in this vehicle, it's too big."

Cons: "Instrument cluster array could be better."

"This is my third Caravan. Overall, I'm satisfied with the vehicle and recommend it to families with kids. The comfort and convenience of the Caravan is hard to match and the 4.0 engine has just the right amount of power to nimbly move a vehicle of this size. The only complaint I've had is with an occational clacking sound from the engine (valves?) when it's cold, lasting about 5 minutes. The dealer is aware and garanteed in writing that this is normal. The stow'n'go system is excellent and easy to operate...no taking heavy seats and benches out the van."

Wow the room is NICE

By on Sunday, February 1, 2009

"This is the second Dodge/Chrysler I have owned. I had a 2005 Town and Country and now I have a Used O8' Dodge Caravan and the room in this one is awesome. I am 6'11 and I have a hard time getting into vehicles(as you can imagine). The new look is great and I have 3 children and there is plenty of room for them and friends. I have the SE with most of the options and I love it. I did not get the automatic doors (motors go out too often and I am not that Lazy). I do miss the Tachometer and MPG display on my old one but hopefully this one is better than the 05'. The new color blue is awesome. The only other issue is that I wish I had the UConnect installed when I bought it. My wife hates grocery getters but she loves this one !"

good warranty

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"enjoy driving on trip very comfortable .gas mlieage in town not what i like12-14 but on the highway 25-27. power doors could be a issue"

my third dodge caravan and I love it

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

"This is my 3rd caravan and the best yet.Love the stow and go seats.Rides like a livingroom on wheels"

Definetly not made to be a long term car.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "OK Drive, Stowing Seats"

Cons: "White Headliner"

"The Car drives fine, it's comfortable for long trips etc....all that is fine. My issue with the care is that I've now owned a Jeep and a Dodge and I'm amazed at the amount of parts and go out, fail and have to be replaced on both them. My other car is 2004 Honda Element with 95K miles that hasn't even go in for it's first turn up yet and the only thing that I've replaced are the tires, brake pads and 1 front running light. The Caravan started breaking it's trips to the service department at 5k miles with the steering pin came undone, air conditioning has gone out, it's on it's 2nd power steering hose because of leaking, it's 3rd set of front rotors and pads and second set of rear rotors and pads. Scheduled in tomorrow for a new appointment because a thermostate is out and the power steering hose is leaking again, all this by 41k. Unfortunately it's worthless as a trade in, trust me I've tried, I can't get enough from Honda, Toyota or Volkswagen to get in to a New Van, so for now I'm stuck with it."

Not the same van as before

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I just bought a 2012 Grand Caravan with the Crew package. The Grand Caravan has improved leaps and bounds compared to the older models. I have owed a 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE and have to say with much surprise this is a nicer van ever since they redesigned it. The new Pentastar engine is smoother and more powerful then my 3.3 V6 in the Toyota. I also am impressed with the handling and steering feel. I never thought I would own a Grand Caravan or another Dodge product but must say they are getting their quality back in line and fit and finish is first rate. The seats that folded into the floor looked uncomfortable but when I sat in them found them to be supportive and very comfortable. Take a look at the Grand Caravan, you will be surprised and end up saving about 5-7 thousand in the process compared to Honda and Toyota."

Last Dodge van I will own.

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Price, styling, stow n go, 6 speed automatic"

Cons: "Mixed driving mpg, will be expensive post warranty"

"At 11,700 miles took the van in for front brakes (warranty), check engine light-evap system issue(warranty), rattle-heat shield(warranty), keyless entry not working properly(warranty) still not fixed, 6 speed automatic transmission is nice, but clunky, the price and styling of the van are pretty good, but the quality seems lacking. Nice interior, simple but sleek. Highway mpg is incredible, last road trip average 25-27mpg. Overall, if I'm having these issues at 12000 miles what happens at 60k and no warranty, could become a very expensive van to own."

Some problems

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Interior, Sliding doors, stow 'n' go"

Cons: "starting to fall apart after only 2.5 years"

"Love the interior and all the options - but we have already had to replace the breaks approx $900 and those had to be replaced about 45 days later but they were under warrenty, the automatic sliding doors have had issues - had to replace parts (after warrenty expired) cost approx $500 and the biggest headache was the electronic issues - all the "dummy" lights would flash on and all the gages would drop to zero (e.g. fuel, speedomitor) It took months to get fixed and ended up costing close to $3000. But I love the van - it fits our busy lifestyle -just hope all the problems are behind us. This is my second Grand Caravan and third Dodge vehicle but I'm not too sure if my next vehicle will be a Dodge - still on the fence....."

Another minivan achievement by Dodge

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Extremely practical while also riding like a dream"

Cons: "Electric doors"

"Overall this vehicle is perfect for a family with small children. It's sto-n-go features are extremely useful. There is a great deal of room in the vehicle. Though practical it rides very comfortably and the inside space is quite comfortable as well. Too many electrical gadgets for me but I am a little older. Sto-n-go is definitely the best feature I have ever had in any minivan."