2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.9

Based on 308 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

Good All Around Vehicle

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"If you need a vehicle that does it all at a reasonable level of economy this is your vehicle. Does so many things from run a small business, haul people, hall tons of stuff and accommodate big items when needed. Economy is better than a truck but more versitile than a car. Parts and repair items can be a little spendy and it isn't a gas sipper but it does the job fairly well. Especially great for a 1 car family. I like mine a quite a bit with 65k on it now. Handles wonderfully in all weather."

Natural choice for a minivan - Best by a mile

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "great price, all options included, powerful engine"

Cons: "none at this moment"

"This van has everything. Power doors/liftgate, power mirrors, auto dimming rearview mirror/backup camera, DVD , siriusXM etc and at around 3/4th on-road cost of a honda. Safety tests conducted by NHSTA and feds are much higher than sienna and others. The 3.6 engine at 283Hp on a GC is much powerful than all other minivans including honda,toyota and nissan.. and stow and go easily beats vw routan in functionality .. as far as reliability is concerned, they have an unlimited bumper-to-bumper warranty available .. for me Grand Caravan is a natural choice as far as minivans are concerned."

Great vehicle for large families

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, Great Power, stow"

Cons: "Hard on brakes, 1 power door quit working"

"We love our 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT minivan. We've owned it for almost ayera now and just recently we have experieneced problems. Our main problem is that are passenger sliding door quit working. We did have a recall fixed that ahd to do with the power of both sliding doors, but they now say that our door came off the track. We can still open and shut the door manually, but our power button will not work. The repair cost is $500, but the Chrysler company has agreed to pay for half of the total cost with one catch of us paying the total cost up front and they will reimburse us 7-10 days after. One other issue that I have noticed just like other owners have reported is that the front brakes wear fast. Overall the rest of our van is great. The space is nice and we love the stow and go. Although it is a minivan, it works just as good as truck when it comes to moving things. It also has great power. Overall great vehicle value for the price you pay."

Great family vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Lots of room. Easy to load and get in and out of. Good ride. Decent gas mileage for a large vehicle. We have gotten over 25 on the highway under 65 mph. Drops off to 24 range at 70 mph. Average around 21, mostly rural driving. 3.3 liter engine could use a little more power, but is adequate to pull the vehicle around. Bigger engine would be a good choice if towing, but is fine if you don't. I would recomend this van to any family with more than 2 kids. We have 4 and it is great! It is not a luxury car, but will handle daily chores very well! DVD and sattelite radio is nice on trips with kids."

Great minivan

By on Thursday, April 22, 2010

"I looked at many vehicles before making this purchase. Two major selling points for me were the price and the spaciousness of the minivan. I absolutely love it! My only complaint, which is normal for minivans, is the wear on the brakes. These are heavy vehicles, so the need to replace the brakes occurs every 20000 miles or so."