2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.9

Based on 301 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.3/10

Excellent minivan

By on Sunday, December 13, 2015

Pros: "perfect for road trip with all the storage"

Cons: "A little more comfort on the third row"

"We love this minivan. We bought as we like to travel and have space. The stow and go is a breeze to use and allows you to quickly get some extra space, no need to remove any seats. When travelling it also give you some extra space under the back passenger feet. We got ours with the single DVD player and satellite radio. We had no issues so far, the minivan is fun to drive, comfortable on long trips and quite economical. The engine is powerful and we had no issue keeping highway speed with a fully loaded van with three adults, 4 kids and a loaded trunk. Way cheaper than any other vans"

Great retirement vehicle

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Dual climate control."

Cons: "Black interior."

"My wife and I like to travel and it is comfortable with plenty of storage. On our last trip, which was over 4,600 miles, we got 25.5 mpg. That was actual, not the vehicles indicator."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

"I love my van. I think it's more stylish than any of the other minivans out there and it has gotten me and the herd of children around just great with no mechanical problems for 3 years. Gas mileage is about the same for any 7 passenger vehicle, so I can't complain too much there. LOVE the stow and go seating! Makes life just a little bit easier. I recently got into an accident and my van kept me quite safe! Thank you!!!"

Best Minivan on the market

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Dual dvds, rear passenger windows roll down!"

Cons: "Road noise!"

"We thought about an SUV but decided for the price we would try out our second van. That was the best decision we made. We have 3 boys and they love it. The dual dvd options is a must. It's has been great on both short and long trips. Typically 1 or 2 of the kids will bring a friend and we still have plenty of room. They love that the rear passenger windows roll down."

good for a goat van

By on Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Only van with fold flat seats for both 2nd & 3rd rows. That pretty much made the decision for me. I have the SXT with 4.0L engine and 6 speed transmission. My other minivan is a 2005 Honda Odyssey. The power/performance of the 4.0L caravan is comparable to Odyssey. Odyssey corners a little better. I test drove alot - The smaller caravan engines were miserable to drive. The 4.0L is way better. When driving careful, I get 19city and 26 highway. When driving less careful. I get 17city and 22 highway. Caravan GPS/radio layout, stereo sound, interior quality all kinda suck compared to the Odyssey. Remote start & power everyting help make up for it a little. Over all, I like the van. Wish it had all-wheel-drive."

Great Van for the money

By on Monday, June 21, 2010

"I have been selling cars for 7 years and when my wife said lets look at the dodge van I said she was crazy. The wife won and after the first time I drove it I fell in love. The very large widshield is the best part. I really enjoy the adjustable gas pedals. I a 6'7" and I find this van comfortable. This is a hard comparison for the money."

Junk! Buyer beware!

By on Monday, May 10, 2010

"*Poor gas mileage (3.8) *Rides rough *Unreliable 6 speed transmission *DVD/Cd player/Radio pkg caught fire! *Seats are very uncomfortable *Faulty sensors on sliding doors *Poor resale value This is the 6th Chrysler/Dodge van owned and by far the worst! No more Chrysler products! Former Chrysler employee."

My Experience with this vehicle is very good

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Pros: "We liked all the features and recommend to anyone."

"This mini-van is very good to carry my whole family when we traveled different places. It is a good riding and comfortable. We also used a few times to carry tables and chairs as all seats are stowable to have a flat floor. This is mainly my wife's van. Only thing is the gas mileage and since she is changing job location to a further way. We would rather have a better gas mileage vehicle."

Natural choice for a minivan - Best by a mile

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "great price, all options included, powerful engine"

Cons: "none at this moment"

"This van has everything. Power doors/liftgate, power mirrors, auto dimming rearview mirror/backup camera, DVD , siriusXM etc and at around 3/4th on-road cost of a honda. Safety tests conducted by NHSTA and feds are much higher than sienna and others. The 3.6 engine at 283Hp on a GC is much powerful than all other minivans including honda,toyota and nissan.. and stow and go easily beats vw routan in functionality .. as far as reliability is concerned, they have an unlimited bumper-to-bumper warranty available .. for me Grand Caravan is a natural choice as far as minivans are concerned."

Great car

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, strong eng."

Cons: "None!!"

"This is our third Grand Caravan and by far it is the best. We do a lot of traveling and this vehicle is wonderful. Very comfortable with excellent performance. My wife loves this car. Would highly recommend."

Great family vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Lots of room. Easy to load and get in and out of. Good ride. Decent gas mileage for a large vehicle. We have gotten over 25 on the highway under 65 mph. Drops off to 24 range at 70 mph. Average around 21, mostly rural driving. 3.3 liter engine could use a little more power, but is adequate to pull the vehicle around. Bigger engine would be a good choice if towing, but is fine if you don't. I would recomend this van to any family with more than 2 kids. We have 4 and it is great! It is not a luxury car, but will handle daily chores very well! DVD and sattelite radio is nice on trips with kids."

Good All Around Vehicle

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"If you need a vehicle that does it all at a reasonable level of economy this is your vehicle. Does so many things from run a small business, haul people, hall tons of stuff and accommodate big items when needed. Economy is better than a truck but more versitile than a car. Parts and repair items can be a little spendy and it isn't a gas sipper but it does the job fairly well. Especially great for a 1 car family. I like mine a quite a bit with 65k on it now. Handles wonderfully in all weather."

Very well satisfied

By on Monday, June 07, 2010

"I have had this vehicle for over a year, and virtually no problems,except for the air conditioning just going out; however, it is still under warranty. I might be slightly unsatisfied with the gas mileage. In the winter, I get between 12 and 13 mpg, and in the summer between 15 and 16 mpg. Highway mileage is OK close to 24 mpg. This vehicle has a very smooth ride and handles exceptionally well. Previous to owning this vehicle, I did not like to drive any distance at all, but last year from New Jersey, I drove to Montreal and close to Boston later. The trips were very comfortable. I definitely cannot complain about the value, as I bought the vehicle right before Chrysler went bankrupt. If not for the AC problem, I would have given five stars in all areas."

Great minivan

By on Thursday, April 22, 2010

"I looked at many vehicles before making this purchase. Two major selling points for me were the price and the spaciousness of the minivan. I absolutely love it! My only complaint, which is normal for minivans, is the wear on the brakes. These are heavy vehicles, so the need to replace the brakes occurs every 20000 miles or so."

Great for Travel

By on Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"One of the very best most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. 45,000 miles and not one single problem."

best van ever

By on Saturday, June 13, 2009

"love the way it drives, handles and the gas milage"

I love it

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"The only thing I don't like with the new design is I have a bigger blind spot than I am used to."

Best on the Market

By on Thursday, April 03, 2008

"No problems - great gas milage - no repairs - smooth as glass performance."

very nice car

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "drives nice"

Cons: "n/a"

"very dependable car"

I love this van!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "easy to load, easy access in or out"

Cons: "angle of rear bench seat"

"We are older with 9 grandchildren. This is definitely a 'family van' as everyone uses it for vacations! We love the VES (and wireless headphones) nearly as much as the grandchildren. What would I change? Swivel n go seats to stow n go. That is it! We love it just the way it is - cargo room, etc. EXCEPT 1)the rear bench seat - it is at such as odd angle, and 2)no alert if the front passenger seat belt is not in use. Minor, minor in comparison to what we love - what the 7 yr old triplets love, what 17 yr old Mike loves (although his dad has flashbacks :( from the old conversion van days when he drives it)what Nana loves when she loads carseats OR sewing machines. And the toddlers who get buckled in and point to the video screens! It is our family "Go Car", and has been used after go cart and ATV accidents to take the guys - and their crutches - home from the hospital and to their PT! Multi-use and easy access in and out!"

Love it!

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

"I love this van! It is sporty for a mini-van, and so perfect for a family with young kids. Love the power doors, leather seats, and large trunk space. My only beef is with the lights not being automatic."

Love my minivan!

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, Comfy, perfect for families"

Cons: "BAD on gas mileage. I fill up every 4 days :-("

"Absolutely love my minivan! Great for long car trips. Roomy. Kids are separated from each other. Power tailgate and sliding doors! Good pick up/power!"

great family car

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"just like most cars if you take care of it it will take care of you this car has been worry free from day one"

Great vehicle for large families

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, Great Power, stow"

Cons: "Hard on brakes, 1 power door quit working"

"We love our 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT minivan. We've owned it for almost ayera now and just recently we have experieneced problems. Our main problem is that are passenger sliding door quit working. We did have a recall fixed that ahd to do with the power of both sliding doors, but they now say that our door came off the track. We can still open and shut the door manually, but our power button will not work. The repair cost is $500, but the Chrysler company has agreed to pay for half of the total cost with one catch of us paying the total cost up front and they will reimburse us 7-10 days after. One other issue that I have noticed just like other owners have reported is that the front brakes wear fast. Overall the rest of our van is great. The space is nice and we love the stow and go. Although it is a minivan, it works just as good as truck when it comes to moving things. It also has great power. Overall great vehicle value for the price you pay."

The Best Family Vehicle We Have Owned So Far!!!

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "My Pepe has alot of Get up and Go!!"

Cons: "Needs More Cup Holders"

"We bought this vehicle used in 2008 after shopping for months for one that had third row seating with lots of leg room to accomodate my 6' tall teenager. We absolutely LOVE it! We have driven it across the US twice now due to military transfers from one side of the world to the other and back again. The in floor storage definately helps when you need that extra space to store stuff while on the road. I have suggested this vehicle to friends and even to people that I don't know when I have heard them discussing the subject of purchasing a vehicle. I call my car "My PePe" she has alot of "Get up and Go!" It has the power when you need it even though it is a Soccer Mom Mobile!!! :0) I Love My Car!!!!"