2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.0

Based on 314 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10

Good All Around Vehicle

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"If you need a vehicle that does it all at a reasonable level of economy this is your vehicle. Does so many things from run a small business, haul people, hall tons of stuff and accommodate big items when needed. Economy is better than a truck but more versitile than a car. Parts and repair items can be a little spendy and it isn't a gas sipper but it does the job fairly well. Especially great for a 1 car family. I like mine a quite a bit with 65k on it now. Handles wonderfully in all weather."

Excellent mini van.

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pros: "Is everything a mini van should be."

Cons: "dog hair difficult to get out of carpet"

"This is my fourth Grand Caravan and it has been trouble free. Tons of room. Easy to get in out of. Seats go down out of the way very easily AC and Heat work great. Excellent mileage at 23 to 24 mph I do a lot of hwy driving at 75mph. Just a great vehicle with tons of space on the inside and infinite seat variations. Driver seat has great support. Console storage is the best of anyone I have owned."

Great vehicle for large families

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, Great Power, stow"

Cons: "Hard on brakes, 1 power door quit working"

"We love our 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT minivan. We've owned it for almost ayera now and just recently we have experieneced problems. Our main problem is that are passenger sliding door quit working. We did have a recall fixed that ahd to do with the power of both sliding doors, but they now say that our door came off the track. We can still open and shut the door manually, but our power button will not work. The repair cost is $500, but the Chrysler company has agreed to pay for half of the total cost with one catch of us paying the total cost up front and they will reimburse us 7-10 days after. One other issue that I have noticed just like other owners have reported is that the front brakes wear fast. Overall the rest of our van is great. The space is nice and we love the stow and go. Although it is a minivan, it works just as good as truck when it comes to moving things. It also has great power. Overall great vehicle value for the price you pay."

No repairs needed in 60,000 mi. No issues.

By on Monday, August 8, 2016

Pros: "The stow and go system is great."

"Very good vehicle. We have been on several trips with it and have not had any problems. Only been back to dealer for oil changes."

Great minivan

By on Thursday, April 22, 2010

"I looked at many vehicles before making this purchase. Two major selling points for me were the price and the spaciousness of the minivan. I absolutely love it! My only complaint, which is normal for minivans, is the wear on the brakes. These are heavy vehicles, so the need to replace the brakes occurs every 20000 miles or so."

5th Grand Caravan, love it

By on Monday, August 1, 2016

Pros: "This 5th Caravan for me is the best ever since '85"

"I also have a full size 1969 GMC for those occasions when I need it, but the Grand Caravan holds almost anything and still drives great. Biggest problem? I have Sirius stereo and backup camera, but I cannot have a garmin, or bluetooth for phone calls. I bought this Grand Caravan on 1/3/12, owned it for 4 1/2 years. I paid $550 for the dealer to install a remote starter that I always use. Living in Vegas the car is usually pleasantly cool in hot months. Of course it is also warm in Winter. I also had a dash cover made, and window rain guards. These 3 items make it a pleasure to own and drive. I do get 17 city, 25 on the road."

This auto has been very good

By on Saturday, July 2, 2016

Pros: "very enjoyable to drive"

Cons: "cannot think of any item"

"Purchased this auto Jan 2012, factory car with 10400 miles on it, have driven it all over, recently returned from south Texas, highway mileage was upwards of 29mpg at 63mph. Has been very dependable and comfortable. Electric seat does do wonders. Now retired, wife does not drive, no need for 2 autos. Red in color with black interior"

Great family vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Lots of room. Easy to load and get in and out of. Good ride. Decent gas mileage for a large vehicle. We have gotten over 25 on the highway under 65 mph. Drops off to 24 range at 70 mph. Average around 21, mostly rural driving. 3.3 liter engine could use a little more power, but is adequate to pull the vehicle around. Bigger engine would be a good choice if towing, but is fine if you don't. I would recomend this van to any family with more than 2 kids. We have 4 and it is great! It is not a luxury car, but will handle daily chores very well! DVD and sattelite radio is nice on trips with kids."

Great for Travel

By on Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"One of the very best most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. 45,000 miles and not one single problem."

best van ever

By on Saturday, June 13, 2009

"love the way it drives, handles and the gas milage"

I love it

By on Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"The only thing I don't like with the new design is I have a bigger blind spot than I am used to."

Best on the Market

By on Thursday, April 3, 2008

"No problems - great gas milage - no repairs - smooth as glass performance."

Features swivel & go seats with table & tailgate s

By on Saturday, September 10, 2016

Pros: "fun to drive. good visibility lots of cup holders"

"vehicle has tailgate seat in rear. great for going to games or parks and outings. great comfort on long drives. lots of storage space."

best van i have owned

By on Sunday, May 22, 2016

Pros: "comfort and ride"

Cons: "re sale value"

"Bought this 2012 Grand caravan in 2/2012 only had to put front brakes on and just put new set of 4 tires on. only thing bad i can say is resale value is not good on this van. but if you keep it you are all set."

powertrain issue

By on Thursday, May 19, 2016

"driving this car for more than 10 miles, when stop in a traffic light, it raise RPM and motor jump, not sure what is going on"

very nice car

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "drives nice"

Cons: "n/a"

"very dependable car"

I love this van!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "easy to load, easy access in or out"

Cons: "angle of rear bench seat"

"We are older with 9 grandchildren. This is definitely a 'family van' as everyone uses it for vacations! We love the VES (and wireless headphones) nearly as much as the grandchildren. What would I change? Swivel n go seats to stow n go. That is it! We love it just the way it is - cargo room, etc. EXCEPT 1)the rear bench seat - it is at such as odd angle, and 2)no alert if the front passenger seat belt is not in use. Minor, minor in comparison to what we love - what the 7 yr old triplets love, what 17 yr old Mike loves (although his dad has flashbacks :( from the old conversion van days when he drives it)what Nana loves when she loads carseats OR sewing machines. And the toddlers who get buckled in and point to the video screens! It is our family "Go Car", and has been used after go cart and ATV accidents to take the guys - and their crutches - home from the hospital and to their PT! Multi-use and easy access in and out!"

Love it!

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"I love this van! It is sporty for a mini-van, and so perfect for a family with young kids. Love the power doors, leather seats, and large trunk space. My only beef is with the lights not being automatic."

Love my minivan!

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, Comfy, perfect for families"

Cons: "BAD on gas mileage. I fill up every 4 days :-("

"Absolutely love my minivan! Great for long car trips. Roomy. Kids are separated from each other. Power tailgate and sliding doors! Good pick up/power!"

great family car

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"just like most cars if you take care of it it will take care of you this car has been worry free from day one"

The Best Family Vehicle We Have Owned So Far!!!

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pros: "My Pepe has alot of Get up and Go!!"

Cons: "Needs More Cup Holders"

"We bought this vehicle used in 2008 after shopping for months for one that had third row seating with lots of leg room to accomodate my 6' tall teenager. We absolutely LOVE it! We have driven it across the US twice now due to military transfers from one side of the world to the other and back again. The in floor storage definately helps when you need that extra space to store stuff while on the road. I have suggested this vehicle to friends and even to people that I don't know when I have heard them discussing the subject of purchasing a vehicle. I call my car "My PePe" she has alot of "Get up and Go!" It has the power when you need it even though it is a Soccer Mom Mobile!!! :0) I Love My Car!!!!"

most practical vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "well thought out interior,lots of power"

Cons: "no resale value"

"great for hauling kids. smooth ride, lots of power. transmission trouble at 9000 miles. replaced by dealer at no cost. no other problems. love the stow and go seats"

Great vehicle for the price.

By on Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pros: "Price, handling, lots of power, very versatile, stow n' go seats, great look"

Cons: "Some interior materials seem cheap."

"We picked up the SXT (mainstreet) version of the Grand Caravan recently. After roughly $8000 in rebates, we drove off the lot with an awesome deal that is impossible to get with any of the other minivans currently on the market. The grand Caravan drives well and it handles like a much smaller vehicle. My kids love all the space and we love the versatility. The stow'n go on 2nd and 3rd row seats make this van so useful that I can't figure out what I did without it before. The only things that I can say in the way of negative points regarding the 2011 G.C. are that the 2nd row stow n' go seats look and feel cheap; the inner paneling in the rear cargo compartment is flimsy and feels really cheap; and although the driver and front passenger seats are ultra-comfortable (feels like you are driving a couch), they feel like the kind of seats that will be less than comfortable in a few years when they are broken in but I may be wrong on that point - time will tell."

EXCELLENT

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Not the MiniVan of the past. Thrilling ride and confort."

just O.K.

By on Monday, April 18, 2011

"Some nice features, leather, dvd, power doors...but the fuel mileage is horrible, the engine is hesitant and you have to floor it to go when pulling out into traffic. Brakes were awful and had to be replaced less than 50k miles. Alot of poor quality materials used in so many areas (cupholders, console, arm rests) I will never buy another Dodge."