2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.9

Based on 279 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GR Caravan good MPG/comfort

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"We use our Gr. Caravan to do everything from carrying our granddaughter (age 3) to hauling lumber/building supplies! We are averaging 18.8mpg city and 27.7 to 28mpg highway! We had not had a single problem. We leased it in July 2008 and NOTHING has had to be replaced or fixed. Everything works just as it should. My only complaint is the pockets on the doors are so shallow--things fall out and they took away the drawer under the passenger seat! The console doesn't hold so much as our old 2006 model and we really miss that drawer for storage. STOW & GO is wonderful and keeps the floor low so we don't have to lift lumber (heavy items) so high to put them into the car. This is about our 6th Gr. Caravan and my all-time favorite was the first Stow & GO they made 2005-6 (came out middle of year). Mostly because of the better storage areas. We have not had a single problem other than one window power switch that needed replaced (free) with one Gr.Caravan. Tried the Toyota but not nearly so versatile as the Gr.Caravan and don't like the higher floor since the second row doesn't fold under the floor!"

Great Mini-Van

By on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"Have owned since new and have 16000 miles on it with no problems.Has plenty of power and room inside,love the stow away seats.Only complaint is the front brakes wear out to soon even under normal driving.Mechanic said he has changed out brakes at 10000 on a few ,he just told me I will need brakes very soon,lucky to get 16000 miles on them."

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

not as bad as some say

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"Had this 2009 SXT for 6 months now (7000 miles) and so far its as good as you can expect. Especially with the rebates, everyone can talk about honda and toyota but you are going to pay more money. I just wanted something I could get the seats out of the way quick, had enough storage and didnt really care if the kids spilled something and this fits perfect. Power is good (3.8), mielage in the city is pretty bad but highway is great. My main gripes are poor sound insulation, it almost sounds like the sliding door window is open, you can hear cars plain as day when they right next to you. A little sound deadener in those huge rear doors probbaly wouldnt hurt. That and the center seat cupholder thing, seems silly to have none there and thats where passengers sit mostly. The sliding doors do some weird things at times but they have the threshold set so light, for safety I assume) that if its parked on a hill or something falls in the track they do weird things. But I would rather have them act goofy one out of every 100 times then get out of the van and open the door to pick my kids up from school every day. Or when I'm walking away with an armload of stuff I dont want to put down to close the door.. Lot of complaints on the cheap plastic on the inside, its really no worse then a lot of other cars/trucks, its just the panels are so huge you have to notice it. Not a big deal to me at all. Seeing you can buy one of these (SXT) new for around 25K or so its a bargain in my opinion if you just want a practical car to go on trips with kids or not feel bad like a civic driver picking up a 50" TV from Sears. Perfect no, does the job, yes."