2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.7

Based on 251 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

7.3/10
    6.8/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Great family vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Functionality and price"

Cons: "almost none."

"We have a 4 year old and twins age 5 months. We have grown into this van, as we bought it new 3 years ago... very convenient getting kids in and out, including car seats, stroller, etc. The electric sliding doors on both sides are priceless as well as the electric hatch/gate. The stow and go seats provide flexibility for the occasionally needed extra space. We got ours on sale for $23000. What a bargain. Very few problems - remote keys wear out too soon, but under warranty for the first 3 years. mileage good for the size. We took it camping a couple times, loaded down and up steep grades. Plenty of power. Ive owned at least 20 cars in my life. This one has got to be one of the best buys I ever made."

Never Again!

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "entertainment package"

Cons: "electrical, leg room, etc...."

"I have a 2008 fully loaded, power everything. Spent $40,000 on the vehicle. It is in the shop ALL of the time. The electrical in this is terrible! Over the past 5 years I have had a rental, due to repairs, approx. 1 1/2 months. Sometimes for the same issues(ie. electric seats). We bought the swivel n' go, more fun for the kids. Not a lot of leg room in the back. I have 4 boys and as they have grown their legs are tangled up back there. This is not a car I will ever buy again. I should have bought a Suburban instead."

OUTSTANDING MINIVAN IS THIS THE FUTCER OF MINIVANS

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "non"

"AMAZING wow love it 6 years not one problom everyone should have one in there garage"

Stow and go seats are a dream.

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "19 mpg average ,16mpg city,24mpg hiway"

"SE version has just enough accessories to make it usable.Stow and go seats convert to a cargo van in 5 minutes or less.Horse power is just enough for quick acceleration and blending into freeway traffic."

love this vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"We love our 2008 Dodge Caravan. It is reliable and comfortable. We got pretty good mileage 23-26 mpg on the road, and this is fully loaded with all our things for a two month vacation. It is a little bit noisy inside on the highway, but not intolerable. We can still hear our music. We love sitting up higher and being able to see out of all the windows. We did add a blind spot mirror on the driver's side view mirror.It handles well on curves in the mountains. We would buy another Dodge Caravan."

Not Your Average Minivan

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Loads of power, good price point, kid friendly"

Cons: "DVD mid mounted screen, 3rd row seats, cheap tires"

"Many of us middle aged guys hate the prospect of buying a minivan; those large square boxes that lumber down the road, blocking lanes of traffic for miles. I always hated the idea of having to own a minivan, constantly looking at large SUVs and crossovers as the alternative. My wife and I were in total agreement; avoid the minivan at all costs. As we shopped, we looked at many vehicles from Toyota, Subaru, Ford, Chevy, VW, Nissan, Kia, and Dodge. We avoided looking at minivans, focusing on the crossovers and SUVs. We kept test driving them, and almost fully settled on the Ford Excursion, but we kept looking at the upfront price, then the years of gas tanks that would drain our pockets. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We then decided to look at minivans. We test drove several, but just did not like how they felt. We went back and test drove our primary alternative to the minivan, the Dodge Journey, but it just didn't seem roomy enough for our two little ones. Finally, we broke down and test drove a Dodge Grand Caravan. The handling was crisp, the power was impressive to say the least, and it had the roomy features we needed. For the features we were looking for, it had what we needed below the cost point we were looking at. The third row seating is a bit hard to get into, and are not as comfortable as the other seats in the van. It should also be noted that the third row seats have a rather steep slope to them, so getting out of them can also be a challenge. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Once we got our new Grand Caravan, we were hooked. Both my wife and I are drivers, as in we like power and agility over anything else. Being fans of the UK TopGear, we decided to run the van through test after test to see how it performed. Hands down, it was a jewel. Then there was a surprise, the whine and sudden whoosh from a waste gate dump as the van shifted under heavy acceleration. Could it be? More checking and a vin ID that indicated it was a "Sport Van" and not a minivan. This little minivan came equipped with a turbo charger! The lag on it was barely noticeable at first, until we began feeling for it. When the turbo kicks in, the power will nearly rip the steering wheel from your hands. This thing requires 2 hands to keep it under control under hard acceleration. This was a driver's minivan, not a soccer mom/dad minivan. Corvettes and sports cars were our new prey. We laughed at the bewildered looks of Corvette owners as we both launched off the stop light and we held neck-to-neck as both vehicles rapidly accelerated. A twin turbo charged Nissan Z owner, complete with racing modifications, hung their head in shame as a minivan held up against their tuner performance. We now loved this minivan on performance alone. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Now with the performance solidified, we looked at the other features that came packed in. The DVD entertainment system, with a single screen midline, was good for the kids, but hinders a little of the view through the rearview mirror. The backup camera is a definite must, and is very handy. We absolutely love the stow-n-go seating, which is proprietary to Dodge/Chrysler minivans. One of the first things we did was haul a couch in the back of the van, and it did it with the hatch closed! That leads into the excellent cargo capacity. With all seats folded down, you have a very nice and cavernous space to haul your goods in. Because of the proprietary stow-n-go seating, there is no need to physically remove and store the seats somewhere else. The audio system is very clean and clear, with a solid thump to the bass and crisp mids and highs. We did notice that the tires that are installed standard were not the best, as we had to replace the front tires at less than 16000 miles from all of the hard cornering and tire ripping performance. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There are very few items I would even consider a negative on this van. It has the pavement chewing performance that drivers want, and the utility and versatility that families need as they grow. There is no doubt, we are not the typical minivan owners, but as much as we hate them, we love this minivan!"

Good vehicle but with some issues

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "good price and comfortable"

Cons: "motor noise, A/c and wiring"

"What I have read on reviews from this vehicle and have had to deal with is the vans motor sounds and the air conditioning unit. My van sounds strong but some slight knocking with the engine, nothing is wrong with it from what the auto mechanic said but the noise isn't the quitest. Also this van is known to have A/c issues in which they are inexpensive except if its a wiring issue. This wan does not have a Chilton manual yet since its not the end of its line so you either have to look up your issues via google or pay $195 for the dealership service manual. Blower motor resistor ($25 from dealership or online) or the blower motor ($120-$175) are usually the issues in which if you repair it yourself its inexpensive. The wiring may be difficult to fix but if your tech savy you should be able to find the wires to the blower motor and replace or repair the ( wire stripping and reconnect redo connection areas). Remember to always disconnect the negative ( black) to the battery before you do any repairs on your vehicle to prevent shock or shorting out other things on your vehicle. Besides these issues I would say that the van is comfortable and I love it. If you want something that wont have issues for awhile I recommend getting a brand new vehicle."

It is a great family car.

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room love the stow and go"

Cons: "Driver seat middle chairs stowed"

"I was one of the .5of 1% that had the bad head on the new motor that Dodge put in it. I have had several little things break, but were fixed under warranty. Having some trim pieces starting to wrinkle and waiting to see what Dodge wants to do with it. Over all it has lots of power.I find the driver seat is very uncomfortable for long trips.I have the power seat."

Worst caravan i have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"This car needed brakes, rotors , or calibers or all three every six months. I did turn it into the lemon law and received my money back."

First minivan

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

"I love the ease of the stow and go! I love this van!"

2010 dodge grand caravan

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

"van is used all day for field serv in all conditions .Very realiable av 22mpg never had any problems.Oil changed every 3k.Ck rear brake pads every 20k."

Buy the Warrenty and the Extended Warrenty

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, comfortable, great for families,"

Cons: "shifting issues, in the shop often"

"This van is good value for the money but hopefully you live close to the dealership. You will more than likely take it to the dealership often unles you get lucky. I have a middle of the road model some luxuries but not all them. I do not have a power sliding doors nor would beause everytime I am given one as a rental when mine is in the shop the power doors fail opening in closing when they feel like it. I would opt to have a power lift gate because that sucker is heavy and I am not a small person. The cargo space is not very helpful if you have to use it for a storage. Amazing seat storage and kid view rear view mirror. Comfortable riding and steering. Overall pretty happy with the vehicle however, I have a shifting problem and at 4k miles my tranny had to have an over haul and then at 7k had to have another overhaul. Shortly after that that same shifting problem started occurring again and Dodge mysteriously could not find an issue with it so they erased the memory of the transmission. Then again the problem at about the 2 month mark again started having that same shifting problem and dodge couldnt find the problem again not sure how they could of on a 4 mile test drive and again they reset the tranny erasing its memory because of past problems not sure how that works. On a side not the Dodge representatives are working with me to correct the roblem and make things right"

Many quality issues on parts.

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and versatile"

Cons: "Poor engineering standards, poor parts reliability"

"As an owner of these since 1989 over several different models, the 2008 model I have found to have many shortcomings not previously encountered, with what I consider to be serious parts quality issues. Front brake pads at 28K, and drums (described as too "thin to turn down"), Rear brake pads by 40K, now new front pads again, after only 23K, water in sliding door, short in some kind of spring sensor system in the steering column and even the tire mileage was pretty bad compared to previous models. I am literally afraid to drive this on a trip, afraid that it will break down on the road."

Has been an excellent van.

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

"Always dependable and never had an issue with the van. The vans simply have a bad rap due to the soccor mom image. Great for vacations and around town. This is my third chrysler van and will not be my last. I perfer this to our second car, a 2012 sadan."

love the van with one exception

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "transmission and no compass...."

"I really like the van. the ride is very nice, and the seats are quite comfortable..you get alot of car for the money...my only complaint is the transmission...it is a 6-speed and you get alot of upshifts and downshifts, especially going up hills...I used to have a 2002 caravan with a 4-speed, and it was alot smoother...."

Cheap and Stylish but not the highest quality

By on Saturday, December 08, 2012

"Almost a year into our 2012 Grand Caravan and it's been treating us well. Gets decent MPG on the long hauls and you can't beat the stow-n-go seating. Starting in 2011 the Grand Caravan got a much needed styling update on the exterior and interior and it's a good looking van. The 3.6L V6 mated to the 6-speed auto has tons of power too. My complaints are that there are often interior rattles over bumps from unknown areas which get annoying (we also have a 2010 Sienna and it's silent over the same terrain). The 6-speed can also be annoying going up hills or slight grades... it seems to get confused. Aside from the few nuances it's a good rig for how much cheaper it is than the competition."

Pleasantly surprised by the dreaded minivan

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pros: "Everything. Seriously. It's awesome."

Cons: "I don't have leather seats."

"After a fruitless search for a brand new SUV that had all of the features, storage space and extra room for my growing family that we were used to with a price tag under 40K my husband suggested we look at the 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan. I've been a firm anti-minivan mom for years, but after researching online I finally agreed to test drive it. I bought it that day. We bought ours with every available option except for the towing package (my hubby has a truck) and the heater block thingy (we're too far south to need it) Even with all of the options, including dealer options & extra warranties, we paid less than KBB suggested so we got a great price, but honestly I would've paid more. It's a great value. Considering how many older models I see at the soccer field and in the carpool line I know that it's going to be reliable. The one thing that really surprised me was the interior and the quality of it. It doesn't look like your grandma's minivan. The interior has a stylish, clean look with lots of hidden storage. We love uconnect system - test it out on your test drive! The back-up camera is a necessity with a minivan & I use it all the time. My hubby said it reminds him of the new Dodge truck interior. The exterior is what it is - it's a minivan, but the chrome accents look good and the power doors, liftgate and remote start make other moms give it a second look. The adjustable blue accent lights in the interior -especially around the cup holders and in the roof make it easier to see what's what at night without distracting. My kids' favorite feature about the new minivan is that they have heated seats in the second row. The DVD player is fab too, especially since they can listen their movie with headphones & I don't have to hear it! lol! The stow-n-go is phenomenal. It's the perfect place to store blankets, toys, whatever. BUT if you need to run to the home improvement store or move a couch, fold the seats into stow-n-go, lay the 3rd row down and you're good to go. It's made my life a million times easier. We also really love the power options. I have 2 usb chargers & 2 traditional chargers up front & the kids have a traditional power outlet with ground which is driver controlled in the back (perfect for plugging in a laptop) The only things I think Dodge could improve would be to make the front seats a little more comfortable and give the passenger power adjustments. (Of course I switched from a luxury car to this so they may be better than most - I'm not sure) The driving dynamics were also an adjustment - this doesn't drive like my luxury car! But it handles & rides MUCH better than I ever expected a minivan to. Overall I love my 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew. We feel as though it was a great value and plan to continue to enjoy it for a few years."

Best price van in market for 2012!!!

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "Price/Look/ drivability"

Cons: "Re-sale value"

"I love this van so far 2012 SE Grand Caravan. I get 25 mpg on hwy. and 21 mpg city. I have 8500 miles on so far with no problems. I have purchased a 7 year/70k bumper to bumper extended with vehicle with a $100.00 deduct. For peace of mind. I have owed a 1985,1989,1998 and this 2012 Dodge Caravans. I also owned a 2004,2008 Kia sedona van. also a 1997 ford aerostar van. For the price on new Dodge Caravans it is the same as Kia why spend $3000.00 more for Kia with same options."

Very poor quality

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Great entertainment fetaures"

Cons: "Cheap body material. Hard on rotors"

"Very cheap materials used. Bumpers dent VERY easily. Headlights bend when washing them. Goes through rotors every 20,000 miles on average. Dealership mechanic commented that's just the "cheap dodge steel" whith rotor repair. Bells and whistles are nice but overall a dissapointing vehicle. Convenience and features definitely outweigh quality!"

run!

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "cheap - you pay for what you get!"

Cons: "cheap - like I said, you pay for what you get!"

"Wow,what a lemon! I own this vehicle and the list of recalls is staggaring! Constantly at the dealership for warranty work...it sounds like a transport truck, stalls in the rain, the entire brake system and front end have been redone. Wow. Now I call that reliable?!!!!!!!"

LOVE OUR 2010 GRAND CARAVAN SE

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Price, comfort, dependability, safety"

Cons: "Zero"

"We love our van. bought new almost 2 years ago and use mostly for road trips. Grand kids love going places in the van. Has been used by 2 of our daughters for their trips also. Have had absolutely "no" problems with this vehicle. Love the stow n go and all the room. Have traveled with 7 passengers and luggage comfortably. Roomy, comfortable, reliable. Only service was our regular oil changes and get 28mpg highway. Not sure of city mpg since we don't use for a lot of city driving and have never really noticed (if mileage was very low, I would have noticed). We are very pleased with this car. We purchased the base model with only a few options. Saw where someone had problems with keys and cost $900 but when we purchased this van I had extra key made for our daughter and only cost $45. Have the sliding doors, not power, and my 3 year old grand daughter can easily open doors. Great protection with side curtain air bags in all rows."

Good but not great

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "price, family friendly"

Cons: "drive train, paint, road noise"

"From a mom the video is great, stow-away - but it goes downhill from there. The road noise is awful, cracking paint, brakes, front-end.... Look elsewhere until Dodge fixes these issues. I hate to say it but, I will be steering away from the big three until they can put forth a van with good quality."

Best Vehicle I Ever Bought

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Safety!"

"I was in an accident with my family. Everyone is safe and sound due to this vehicle. I will buy another one!"

Great so far

By on Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Pros: "Great highway cruiser"

Cons: "Eats gas in town"

"Purchased this vehicle, 2011 GC Crew, over a year ago, 24000 miles including two cross country trips later I can now give a review of it. Pros: Comfortable cruiser Great highway mileage-over 27 mpg with 5 passengers and a cargo box on the roof Good stereo-for the kids music! Comfortable seating Good storage Easy to fold seats into floor to haul stuff, and we have a lot Cons: Not so great gas mileage in town17-20 Transmission shudders in reverse Lots of brake dust from rear wheels-foreshadowing? Light grey interior hard to keep clean"

Absolutely the worst car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "???"

Cons: "Worst car ever!! Avoid at all costs!!"

"We have had this car for nearly two years now, and it has been nothing but trouble. The engine light is constantly on and sometimes does not start. We brought the car to the dealer nearly weekly, and were told that they could not find the problem. After dozens of trips, they replaced one electronic component at a time until they finally replaced the entire electronic system computer and all. This was good for about 6 months, but now we are back to square one. Will be investigating our state's lemon law."

See if you qualify for