2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.9

Based on 282 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10

Good vehicle for family with children

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Good price comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Minimal bells and whistles but has necessities"

"Reliable vehicle that is comfortable to drive long distances. Decent gas mileage. Overall ideal vehicle for family with children."

Perfect vehicle for travel or just around town.

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Great value, versatile and functional"

Cons: "Haven't found any !"

"I gave up driving vans after I turned 30. I returned at age 55 and had forgotten how nice it is to have the versatility and functionality of a van. After purchasing this one, I found out why GM and others gave up on mini-vans. Hands down, Dodge has thought of everything regarding comfort and functionality. Excellent vehicle for this retiree !! Stow the rear seats and you really can fit a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood/drywall in back !! Amazing."

Nice, easy to handle vehicle

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Stow-N-Go seats, good acceleration, dependable"

Cons: "Seat comfort, heat vents"

"Good, dependable vehicle. Just replaced brakes, no other maintenance needed other than 3,0000-4,0000 oil changes. I did replace the windshield wipers last spring. Very roomy for all seven of us. Decent gas mileage. LOVE the stow-n-Go seat flexibility. Cons: Stow-n-Go seats are not as comfortable as non-Stow-n-Go seats. The heat will not turn all the way off at times. But in winter, not enough heat on drivers left foot."

Worst Vehicle Made

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"We bought this van new in 2008. It gets terrible gas mileage, Dodge cannot make a fuel efficient vehicle, it has had way too many repairs to only have 50,000 miles on it, the engine uses oil and we have to take it to the dealership for them to check the oil consumption on the motor every 1000 miles, the interior is cheap made, the plastic rattles and breaks a lot. It has been in the shop several times for the transmission. I would not recommend a Dodge/Chrysler vehicle to anyone. This will certainly be our last. This truly is the worst vehicle we have ever owned."

The worst vehicle we have ever owned!

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"We bought this vehicle brand new with no miles on it. We have had so many problems with the van that my kids refuse to get in it to go 1 mile down the road because they are scared of it. We were on the freeway going about 70mph and the rear brakes locked up and my family almost ended up under a cemi. The van doesn't start and has left us stranded many times in the cold with no way to get home. I have the back cargo area filled with blankets just in case I get stuck with my kids running to the grocery store. I don't think this is a safe vehicle as we could have been killed in nemerous situations in this vehicle. If you care about your families safety buy a different vehicle. I wish I could get rid of this but Chrysler/Dodge has made sure that that won't happen. Make sure you buy from a company that stands behind it's products and doesn't try to pass the buck onto you, the consumer, who just spent thousands of your hard earned money on garbage."

needs help

By on Monday, September 06, 2010

"We have owned 5 chrysler/dodge/plymouth minivans. We have been satisfied with all except the 2008 Dodge. While it is a great riding and driving van it has a mysterious transmission problem. It sometimes gives a jolt when stopping at a signal or intersection and then dies. The transmission has also just jumped out of gear. Along with this sometimes the key won't come out. The dealer has been great but can't find answers. Of course the brakes wore out."

You have got to be kidding Me

By on Monday, August 02, 2010

"42000 miles: Had to do a complete front brake job including rotors at 27000. Sliding doors have been repaired 5 times. Had to have the shift lever mechanism replaced at 25000. Constant gas cap, check engine lights. The battery died 3 days after we brought it home. It's a lemon. I will never buy another Dodge product. The 2008 model change was a big let down. Reliability is bad....don't believe me? Check out consumer reports."

Don't buy!

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Wheel fell off at 50,000 miles. All five wheel studs broke and wheel came off while driving. Power door tracks broken. Power doors intermittently work. Brakes replaced twice and only at 52,000 miles. A/C hose broke. Was told by Dodge it was a recall fix. Dealer wouldn't do as recall and made me pay. Horrible gas mileage. Uncomfortable ride. I wouldn't recommed this vehicle to anyone."

BE CAREFUL

By on Monday, April 12, 2010

"I leased this car new in 2008. The transmission started slipping at 6,000 miles! The passenger side door locks quit working at 10,000 miles. I only get 16 mpg. Took to dealership to fix. Transmission is slipping again at about 16,000 miles. Also, now driver door locks don't work! A/C went out at 20,000 miles (or sooner--not sure since it was winter time). Both power sliding doors intermittently will not work. Took to dealership again. They lubed them--but they still do not work sometimes. I would NOT recommend this vehicle. I had a 2006 before this and never once had a problem."

Great Mini-Van

By on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"Have owned since new and have 16000 miles on it with no problems.Has plenty of power and room inside,love the stow away seats.Only complaint is the front brakes wear out to soon even under normal driving.Mechanic said he has changed out brakes at 10000 on a few ,he just told me I will need brakes very soon,lucky to get 16000 miles on them."