2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

6.9

Based on 292 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    6.9/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

Great Mini-Van

By on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"Have owned since new and have 16000 miles on it with no problems.Has plenty of power and room inside,love the stow away seats.Only complaint is the front brakes wear out to soon even under normal driving.Mechanic said he has changed out brakes at 10000 on a few ,he just told me I will need brakes very soon,lucky to get 16000 miles on them."

not as bad as some say

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"Had this 2009 SXT for 6 months now (7000 miles) and so far its as good as you can expect. Especially with the rebates, everyone can talk about honda and toyota but you are going to pay more money. I just wanted something I could get the seats out of the way quick, had enough storage and didnt really care if the kids spilled something and this fits perfect. Power is good (3.8), mielage in the city is pretty bad but highway is great. My main gripes are poor sound insulation, it almost sounds like the sliding door window is open, you can hear cars plain as day when they right next to you. A little sound deadener in those huge rear doors probbaly wouldnt hurt. That and the center seat cupholder thing, seems silly to have none there and thats where passengers sit mostly. The sliding doors do some weird things at times but they have the threshold set so light, for safety I assume) that if its parked on a hill or something falls in the track they do weird things. But I would rather have them act goofy one out of every 100 times then get out of the van and open the door to pick my kids up from school every day. Or when I'm walking away with an armload of stuff I dont want to put down to close the door.. Lot of complaints on the cheap plastic on the inside, its really no worse then a lot of other cars/trucks, its just the panels are so huge you have to notice it. Not a big deal to me at all. Seeing you can buy one of these (SXT) new for around 25K or so its a bargain in my opinion if you just want a practical car to go on trips with kids or not feel bad like a civic driver picking up a 50" TV from Sears. Perfect no, does the job, yes."

Great vehicle, excellent on the road.

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "I love the vehicle."

Cons: "This is petty stuff!"

"Very good vehicle for daly use & road trips. excellent ride, comfortable seating and good fuel economy. Really don't have any critizism of the vehicle."

Many quality issues on parts.

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and versatile"

Cons: "Poor engineering standards, poor parts reliability"

"As an owner of these since 1989 over several different models, the 2008 model I have found to have many shortcomings not previously encountered, with what I consider to be serious parts quality issues. Front brake pads at 28K, and drums (described as too "thin to turn down"), Rear brake pads by 40K, now new front pads again, after only 23K, water in sliding door, short in some kind of spring sensor system in the steering column and even the tire mileage was pretty bad compared to previous models. I am literally afraid to drive this on a trip, afraid that it will break down on the road."

Love it!

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Comfort ok mileage for everything I haul."

Cons: "See above."

"I'm a 45 yr old male, I drive for a living in sales. This van rules, about 24-26 mpg at 80 to 100 mph all the time sometimes 8 to 10hrs straight drive time. Only down fall electronic transmission module makes it shift hard and or slip. From day one, not because of my high rate of speed attitude. Dodge wouldn't do anything about it, but this van still hauls and very reliable."